Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World 1st Anniversary Event Details!

Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

The "Guardians of Gaia" The Secret World's First Year Anniversary Event Details!

The details were part of the June 2013 Producers Letter.

http://unfair.co/?p=14125

• Massive Creatures (Guardians) around the game world requiring a group to take down!
  • Guardian Pets as rewards!
  • 30% Discount across almost everything in the item store!
  • Daily login bonuses such as Double Experience, Double Ability Points, and Double Skill Points!
  • Members and Grandmasters will be getting a 'little something extra'
  • All Funcom account holders past and present will be able to download and play The Secret World without any need to purchase the client for the entire week.
Also, Issue #7: A Dream To Kill has an official release date of July 8th!

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    yeah baby I'm in for this. 
  • VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71
  • WillyMMORPGWillyMMORPG Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Vened

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_worlds_first_anniversary bit moreinfo.

t-shirt 1. Yay.

:)

I uploaded some screenshots of the First Anniversary T-Shirt (those anniversary shots also feature the July Veteran Gift tactical earpieces and the awesome "Eye patch, black" which drops off any of the 9 event "Gaia Guardians", mine dropped in Blue Mountain about 10 minutes after the servers came back online July 3rd!

Blue haired Templar is also wearing the black buckle boots Funcom gave us during the "Black Weekend" event a few weeks back.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by WillyMMORPG

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_secret_worlds_first_anniversary bit moreinfo.

t-shirt 1. Yay.

I uploaded some screenshots of the First Anniversary T-Shirt (those anniversary shots also feature the July Veteran Gift tactical earpieces and the awesome "Eye patch, black" which drops off any of the 9 event "Gaia Guardians", mine dropped in Blue Mountain about 10 minutes after the servers came back online July 3rd!

Seems the eyepatch only drops from the 3 in Solomon Island; the 2 in Egypt drop a black-rimmed monocle. I'll upload a pic later.

Well, actually, when you help kill one of the guardians (you basically need to hit one once that subsequently dies) you get a mission completion report and a loot bag which could contain:

• A minipet version of the guardian in question
    • Some fireworks
    • a few Black Bullion (tokens for buying high-end gear)
    • two green rarity signet bags
    • one blue rarity signet bag
    • a piece of cosmetic clothing for the face slot (eyepatch and monocle reported so far)
    In my experience the pet is actually a more common drop than the eyepatch / monocle.
    Originally posted by dancingstar

t-shirt 1. Yay.

Seems the eyepatch only drops from the 3 in Solomon Island; the 2 in Egypt drop a black-rimmed monocle. I'll upload a pic later.

Well, actually, when you help kill one of the guardians (you basically need to hit one once that subsequently dies) you get a mission completion report and a loot bag which could contain:

• A minipet version of the guardian in question
    • Some fireworks
    • a few Black Bullion (tokens for buying high-end gear)
    • two green rarity signet bags
    • one blue rarity signet bag
    • a piece of cosmetic clothing for the face slot (eyepatch and monocle reported so far)
    In my experience the pet is actually a more common drop than the eyepatch / monocle.

OMG! Now I gotta go hit those two again to get a monocle. Top Hat + Monocle and we can all play Mr. Peanut or the Monopoly man.

No telling what goodies will drop from the three Transylvania bosses which should go live Friday the 5th (or the hard to coordinate Fusang boss, locked away behind the PvP queuing system where PvE players may fear to tread, hehe).

Thanks for the heads up.

BTW: If anyone wants to expedite hitting 3 or 5 or 8 of the world bosses, they should /chat join #anniversity   (spelled that way) when they log on. The player volunteer channel sends out scouts to find guardian / boss spawns, alerts everyone on which servers they are popping and make it easier for you to /friend someone in the channel and use the pop up menu on /friend list to warp to their server. Be sure to read the _links_ the moderators post in the channel for boss / lore item LOC, special instructions (do NOT use affliction on the Scorched Desert boss!!!) as well as known issues, and some work-arounds (for lag, use "/setoption SpellEffect_DisplayLevel 4" no quotes to tone down the effects and increase fps or put a "0" instead of "4" in that command to turn them back on).

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Some hints for this event.

1) Type (or cut and paste) /setoption SpellEffect_DisplayLevel 4  (change the 4 to a 0 to get it back to normal after). You'll thank me when you are fighting the boss.

2) Type /chat join #Anniversity (yes the spelling is wrong)

3) Do not post in the channel unless you are announcing a boss.

4) To get to a boss right click on the name of the person making the announcement and choose make friend. Then press shift-F, find the person you just befriended, right click and choose meet up to go to their instance.  Then make your way to the boss. If you are unsure where to go follow everyone else or look up the coordinates in one of the many guides.

5) You can kill each boss once per 2 hours. 

6) Profit with many pets, black bullion, eye patches and monocles and other good loots.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

Originally posted by DanitaKusor

Some hints for this event.

1) Type (or cut and paste) /setoption SpellEffect_DisplayLevel 4  (change the 4 to a 0 to get it back to normal after). You'll thank me when you are fighting the boss.

2) Type /chat join #Anniversity (yes the spelling is wrong)

3) Do not post in the channel unless you are announcing a boss.

4) To get to a boss right click on the name of the person making the announcement and choose make friend. Then press shift-F, find the person you just befriended, right click and choose meet up to go to their instance.  Then make your way to the boss. If you are unsure where to go follow everyone else or look up the coordinates in one of the many guides.

5) You can kill each boss once per 2 hours. 

6) Profit with many pets, black bullion, eye patches and monocles and other good loots.

Re: 2 -- or you could type /chat join anniversary -- this also seems to be very active.

Re: 5 -- to check cooldowns, open your mission journal (default J), select "Finished Missions" and "All Regions" and scroll down to "The Guardian of . . ." So far we have:

• Earth -- Kingsmouth
    • Water -- Savage Coast
    • Stone -- Blue Mountain
    • Fire -- Scorched Desert
    • Sand -- City of the Sun God
    • Pestilence -- Shadowy Forest
    • Ice -- Carpathian Fang
    • (plus one in the Fusang PvP zone whose name I can't confirm)

(The Besieged Farmlands mission breaks the pattern, it's called "The Verdant Guardian.")

Re: 6 -- the bag received as a reward after killing a boss, called "Genizah of [whatever]" is tradeable. Most of the things obtained from it aren't, with the exception of signets / signet bags. There have been chat channels established called #annitrade and #bagtrade for the specific purpose of trading the reward bags.

ADD: Bags in the later regions yield more bullion (up to 8 in Transylvania) and signet bags (had 2 blue or 4 green in Trans) than the earlier ones.

As promised, screenshot of the monocle from the Egypt event bosses.

Nice, haven't got mine yet and no Egypt Golem will live until I get one!!!

I did get the third "clothing" item from one of the Transylvania Guardians on Saturday -- it's been so long I forget the actual wording of the item, but it has "eye(s)" "glow" and "green" (or variations, glowing?)  in the name.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a screenshot. I put the item on my Templar character and when I maneuvered the camera around to view exactly what it did, I didn't see anything "green" about the character's eyes. It may be bugged, but it goes in the new head slot section.

Nice, haven't got mine yet and no Egypt Golem will live until I get one!!!

I did get the third "clothing" item from one of the Transylvania Guardians on Saturday -- it's been so long I forget the actual wording of the item, but it has "eye(s)" "glow" and "green" (or variations, glowing?)  in the name.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a screenshot. I put the item on my Templar character and when I maneuvered the camera around to view exactly what it did, I didn't see anything "green" about the character's eyes. It may be bugged, but it goes in the new head slot section.

The glow effect doesn't show up in preview mode, and has reported to be a bit glitchy.  It does show up, interestingly, if you wear a multislot / "uniform" outfit that normally hides headwear (Atenist garb, Assassinatrix / Shinobi, &c.).  When I get back on my main (I'm currently doing the Transylvania guardians on an alt) I'll grab and upload a screenshot with the eyes and the "Gaia Rocks" t-shirt (from killing the 8 guardians in adventure zones).

Well, the aforementioned alt got the "Glowing eyes, green" so you get a pic of him instead:

Another view of the monocle....

Two shots of the glowing green eyes effect you have a chance to loot from any of the three Transylvania Guardians...

Where did you get the "Gaia Rocks" t-shirt?

Where did you get the "Gaia Rocks" t-shirt? 

"Gaia Rocks" t-shirt is from defeating all 8 adventure zone guardians. There is also a title, "The Utilitarian."

Hmmm. I've done this on a couple characters, got the achievement for killing all 8.

Is this something they'll reward after the fact like on Tuesday after the patch, or do you have to do something special to claim the title/t-shirt?

• VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71
    No, it works like "normal" achievement reward. Check your wardrobe.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Good news - the Anniversary event is being extended a week.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?p=1611361

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by Rohn

Good news - the Anniversary event is being extended a week.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?p=1611361

They brought the servers down Thursday afternoon for a brief (1-1.5 hour patch) which in turn unjammed Fusang queues and holy crap, there were a bazillion people in there fighting to take down the elusive NINTH guardian and get their pet (100 % drop rate) and Lore Item.

it was a rocky start with the PvP people running amok and going heavy with the AoE which damaged not only the Guardian but anyone in the vicinity, but there were some nice people in the zone giving helpful hints on what to do about the lag and the tactics on taking down the guardian. Forgive me nice person who posted the link in channel with tactics, I forgot your name or I'd give you a shout out for helping the greater good!

Eventually, everyone kind of chilled on the wholesale mow downs and kind of cooperated in taking down the big G -- he's a tougher boss not necessarily in nastiness (he does have a huge radius AOE that will almost 1 shot  you) but in the fact that he has a wicked leech effect! He healed up from about 300k hp to over a million in a few pulses and it took about 10-15 minutes to burn him down with such a stout leech.

The lag was horrible. Open world Guardians, I miss you and forgive you for the 0.7 frames I get at times. That's a vacation compared to the cluster-you-know-what that was going on in Fusang. After the boss died, there was a white knuckle period where you weren't sure if you were going to get credit but after about 5-7 minutes, you get the familiar kaching and phone button and all was good with the universe, again. Again, thanks to the helpful people that suggested remaining in zone until  you were sure you got credit, stating that it might take upward of 20 minutes due to the huge amount of people and lag.

• TonbelTonbel Member Posts: 4
    I really wanted this game to be the one that hooked me, and for a while it did, but once I was done with the Lovecraft area, and went to Egypt I kind of lose my drive. That and trying to traverse the area of many portals that you'll be using to get from place to place became so much of a hassle that I didn't want to deal with it any more. So sadly I've now cancelled my account. Maybe one of these days I'll sign back up, but I think I would be more interested in reading the stories written for the game than actually participating in it.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Tonbel
    I really wanted this game to be the one that hooked me, and for a while it did, but once I was done with the Lovecraft area, and went to Egypt I kind of lose my drive. That and trying to traverse the area of many portals that you'll be using to get from place to place became so much of a hassle that I didn't want to deal with it any more. So sadly I've now cancelled my account. Maybe one of these days I'll sign back up, but I think I would be more interested in reading the stories written for the game than actually participating in it.

It's buy to play, so you can play it whenever you want if you already own it - no need to "sign back up".  The only thing you'd have to pay for is the DLC issues.  The Anniversary event is free, and has been fun.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Here's a screenshot of that rascally ninth pet who was hiding in Fusang.

Templar girl is wearing the "Care bear" shirt in memory of all the brave PvE people who ventured into Fusang to get their pet and Lore Item.

(( not really, it's an achievement t-shirt from the sixth part of Issue 7 storyline ))