Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Firefall: The Miracle Patch?

13»

Comments

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by sbarra1x

For Example, what if there were to be a game on Kickstarter and the proposed “launch” version will have 7 races, 7 classes, 7 continents, 7 dungeons, 7 raids and 7 warzones. Now, at some point within this hypothetical game’s development the company decide to launch an open beta, for real “open beta reasons.” At this point in said game’s development there is 1 race, 1 class, 1 continent, 1 dungeon, 1 raid and 1 warzone; we can clearly see that it is nowhere near finished and that the open beta is genuine, but guess what? The company have also decided to keep all character progression permanent as a sort of perk for beta testers, and they have opted to open their cash shop to the public to generate more revenue for further development. Does this suddenly mean that this clearly incomplete game is now complete?

This is what I am getting at; you need to use judgement and logic as opposed to an unwritten blanket rule.

Yes, that game is released, it may not be "feature complete" but it IS released. 

And I honestly get what Red5 is trying to say, but at this point its like PETA trying to get fish renamed Sea Kittens.

• granfadragranfadra Member UncommonPosts: 1
    This Place is full of the same stupid ppl that spam every gameforum out there /OMG THEY TAKE MY MONEY AND SAY ITS BETA OMG/ its beta if they still test the game get a grio on what beta is guys
  • g4m3sh4rkg4m3sh4rk Member Posts: 40
    This game is doomed to fail. There is just enough game here to get you to want to pay for their beans. If I were you I would steer clear of this money sink.. After a week or two this game becomes nothing more then what it was truly meant to be... a money pit. 
  • g4m3sh4rkg4m3sh4rk Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by granfadra
    This Place is full of the same stupid ppl that spam every gameforum out there /OMG THEY TAKE MY MONEY AND SAY ITS BETA OMG/ its beta if they still test the game get a grio on what beta is guys

^ This

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by granfadra

Yeah I bet they are the same people that believe a test server is not really a test server cause the game is charging them money! I can hear thousands of frustrated devs across the world screaming in the words of Bill O'reilly during his epic meltdown:

F-K IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234

after playing ff since the patch, i have enjoyed my time. open beta broke the server but red 5 did their thing and fixed them. i'm actually impressed with how much it has improved. the game forces you to craft but i think they did that to make it more rewarding and that it didn't feel like you was just grinding for exp. the auction house is a nice way to finally make income so crafters and farmers both will make great profits. the lgv recipe is a nice addition because now it has given me a goal besides lvling my character to max. but even though i'm having fun right now i still feel that once you reach endgame it will be lacking. so far from what ive done is play all ares missions which i can easily solo with my bastion engineer and do the other dynamic events like tornadoes lgv crash thumpers and such. i've done all the stuff you can see on the map.

my bastion is almost nearing its cap and the only thing i can see myself really doing in endgame is making lots of cash, defending my towns, and craftng. other then that i don't see much else to do in endgame. i do fear for the future of firefall and i hope they do have a remedy for this issues asap because it takes people alot faster to burn through all that upgrades if they play it 24/7. oh and if i haven't mentioned i have been playing since the game was first released.

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Bleh, I don't get why some people still refuse to get why MMO's being released in open beta that are taking money from customer's wallets, get reviewed. Stop arguing it and get over it. Nice write up again Bill, your reviews are always objective and entertaining to read :D.

• Xanth1asXanth1as Member Posts: 2
    Firefall definitely doesn't spoon-feed you anything.  The dynamic content is something I really like about it.  You can be headed to something on one side of the map.  Along the way, missions will pop up and you knock them out since you're already there anyway.  My friends and I really dig this game!!