Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Headed to Asia

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that DC Universe Online will be released in eight Asian nations. Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, and the Phillipines will see the game published by AsiaSoft.

The international partnership grants AsiaSoft exclusive PC publishing rights for DC Universe Online in multiple Asian territories and ensures dedicated servers, local customer support and payment gateways will be provided for the game. Utilizing a free-to-play model, DC Universe Online players are granted basic access to the game free of charge so they can choose to play in a way that suits them best. DC Universe Online will be available on the PC in Asia later this year.

Find out more about DC Universe Online.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Holy pikachus batman! That man is wearing a panda costume!

Woot for DCUO. :)

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• moraelinmoraelin Member UncommonPosts: 42
    There you go..now throw us a bone! Arch Age, Blade and Soul..reciprocate please. Riiiight.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    I just hope my NA account won't be IP blocked when this goes live...
  • iceashiceash Member Posts: 21
    I hope AsiaSoft can handle any transfers across better than Prosieben have done for the EU players been 5 weeks now for my transfer and still waiting while others are 3months plus.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by iceash
    I hope AsiaSoft can handle any transfers across better than Prosieben have done for the EU players been 5 weeks now for my transfer and still waiting while others are 3months plus.

Funny mine was done in a few hours...
    And beyond that i have had no problem with P7S (and trust me i was p-offed as one could be about the change. )

Now i am not sure how well this will go over there, generally speaking the view on superheroes differ a fair bit between "east" and "west" but i wish them the best of luck. It is still a pretty fun (if insanly top heavy) game

This have been a good conversation

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I had the same experience as tawess, the transfer was smooth and fast, only a few clicks and done.

Ok, a few months later there was a slight hiccup when they start to send the letters in turkish (I think), but the cust.service solved it in a few days :)

As for the IP block, I can't be sure of course, but I don't think so, based on that I can still log in to the US server post-transfer. (but it's empty since all my toons were transferred...)

Edit: sorry, my memory is failing lately :) but I just checked and my toons are on the US server, and if I log in to the Eu one that's empty.

• EBlubber14EBlubber14 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by moraelin
    There you go..now throw us a bone! Arch Age, Blade and Soul..reciprocate please. Riiiight.

yes Yes YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xEro360x

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Very excited about Panda heroes and expanding cash shops.

• iceashiceash Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by tawess
    Originally posted by iceash

Funny mine was done in a few hours...
    And beyond that i have had no problem with P7S (and trust me i was p-offed as one could be about the change. )

Now i am not sure how well this will go over there, generally speaking the view on superheroes differ a fair bit between "east" and "west" but i wish them the best of luck. It is still a pretty fun (if insanly top heavy) game

How i understand it they had the automatic transfer process available but lost some ppl's extra's/characters etc, so it then had to become a manual process as i said it has now been 5 weeks waiting and some others are waiting far longer, couple this with no information from P7S and it all becomes a large mess.