Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends: eSports Finals to Be Held at Staples Arena

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Proving that eSports are indeed a growing force in the world, the League of Legends Season Finals will be held at Staples Arena in Los Angeles. Staples Arena, for those who do not know, is the same place the Los Angeles Lakers play basketball. 

League of Legends World Championship key facts:

• Every match counts: Top teams from around the world will compete during qualifying events throughout the summer, with regional dominance and a trip to Los Angeles on the line

• Eyes of the world on LA:  With thousands of seats filled and millions of fans watching from home, the World Championship closes out a historic season for professional esports

• Millions of dollars on the line: October's $2 million prize pool rounds out the Season 3 total to more than $8 million across the globe

Read more at USA Today.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Oh god not again, whatever I don't even care anymore,

• gr0und3dgr0und3d Member Posts: 113
    This is awesome!  Pro LoL is so fun to watch, thanks for the news and link to article.
  • TeshrrarTeshrrar Member Posts: 26
    This year WC will be amazing.
  • indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

it's called the Staples Center.  Not the Staples Arena.

If they are playing at the Staples Arena, that's a tiny little warehouse next to the Staples Center.

• thegreatestagainthegreatestagain Member Posts: 35
    i liked DOTA a lot when i was a kid but was never one of my 'favorite' games, i can see why people like to play LoL but its popularity surprises me, its not for me any more