Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Raptr Announces Most Played Games for June

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Raptr has announced the most played games according to its data for June 2013. Rift tops the list of all games played during the month followed by #2 League of Legends, #5 World of Warcraft, #15 Guild Wars 2. Neverwinter, SWTOR and Defiance, all featured in May, dropped out of the Top 20 on Raptr.

Check it out in the image below.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TumoraTumora Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Defiance was disappointing as well
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    I think this thread is going to be fun.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    IMO, just a bunch of nonsense numbers if you ask me, don't even know anyone that uses Raptr to start with.  My guess is those numbers are mostly young kids.
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    My 14 hours idling at the character select screen to receive the Rift expansion for free helped make that possible.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Hard to take that last seriously when it has FIFA Soccer, NBA 2K13, and Fable 3. 
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Irrelevant numbers is all I see here. Raptr isn't even a reliable source just like Xfire. Also, the number 1 spot is kinda obvious since they were doing a giveaway of rift + storm legion + 30 days sub for free, you just needed to install Raptr while playing Rift for like 16 hours.
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Well when you give the game for free it helps the rating i guess.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Were they back before F2P giving free basic games with registering and using Raptr?  And if so would that not effect the usage.

Guess the guy above me answered.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Im more puzzled by the appearance of fable 3. One of the worse rpg I have had the misfortune to buy over the last few years.
  • mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

whats a raptr? is the english language dying? imgur, raptr, flattr? why does every new website sound like something a catatonic would mumble? how do they know what is being played? is this the same dumbass concept as xfire?

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    That's because RIFT was literally the only MMO that even bothered offering rewards for playing the game. As was Defiance. 

Smile

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by Iadien
    My 14 hours idling at the character select screen to receive the Rift expansion for free helped make that possible.

I spent about 40 hours idle at the character select to get the pet.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    That's because RIFT was literally the only MMO that even bothered offering rewards for playing the game. As was Defiance. 

Says LITERALLY the only mmo, then lists another mmo.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by jdlamson75
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Says LITERALLY the only mmo, then lists another mmo.

Haha

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

I've been playing MMOs for 10+ years and I've never even heard of Raptr so that about covers what I think about these numbers.

This is kinda like games coming out and saying (bragging) that they have 1 million registered accounts like that number means anything. Always drives me back to pointing out that MMORPG.com has 2.4 million accounts and hasn't even announced that it's making a game yet (ever).

Meh.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    IMO, just a bunch of nonsense numbers if you ask me, don't even know anyone that uses Raptr to start with.  My guess is those numbers are mostly young kids.

Sooooo, not knowing raptr users makes raptr a useless empty program?....... And also.... i dont know if its mostly young kids but most of the ones ive seen and talked to are adults. Although i have to agree that most of the ones ive seen on Raptr (specifically tracking xbox games) are young dudes, like, young...... not adutls. But not the same for PC ones ( at least in my experience with raptr).

As for the OP chart, of course its the most played on raptr.... they a lot of free Rift stuff, including free game and expansion. Everyone and their moder was tracking gameplay to get the rewards lol. Me included.

Originally posted by rojo6934

Sooooo, not knowing raptr users makes raptr a useless empty program?....... And also.... i dont know if its mostly young kids but most of the ones ive seen and talked to are adults. Although i have to agree that most of the ones ive seen on Raptr (specifically tracking xbox games) are young dudes, like, young...... not adutls. But not the same for PC ones ( at least in my experience with raptr).

As for the OP chart, of course its the most played on raptr.... they gave codes for a lot of free Rift stuff, including free game and expansion. Everyone and their moder was tracking gameplay to get the rewards lol. Me included.

As for the OP chart, of course its the most played on raptr.... they gave codes for a lot of free Rift stuff, including free game and expansion. Everyone and their mother was tracking gameplay to get the rewards lol. Me included.

edit: typos.

MMORPG moderators please delete two of my responses.... i edited two times and it actually posted them instead..... yes, i hit edit. THanks

EDIT: no, i didnt hit edit... im an idiot, appreciate if you also place the edit button somewhere else D: sorry

• Originally posted by Iadien

This.

There's no other mmorpg on raptr gives that much reward just for playing the game...

• AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96

This must be a joke, right? Yes, I am willing to believe that Rift had over 8 mil people playing it. ...Not! Sorry,  WOW is still the king so just get over your pathetic selves and stop advertising bs we all know is not true.

beginning to think this site is a complete waste when one is seeking actual true foul information.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

Originally posted by Wyrdfell
    Originally posted by Iadien

This.

There's no other mmorpg on raptr gives that much reward just for playing the game...

that worked for me on two accounts. And idling for rewards shouldnt count as playing the game.

Originally posted by Axewielderx

This must be a joke, right? Yes, I am willing to believe that Rift had over 8 mil people playing it. ...Not! Sorry,  WOW is still the king so just get over your pathetic selves and stop advertising bs we all know is not true.

beginning to think this site is a complete waste when one is seeking actual true foul information.

where does it say RIft has over 8 mil people playing? the #1 spot only means a tiny small number of WoW playerbase uses raptr.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I know a few people who use raptr, I am one of the people that use it, but I can't believe this is accurate whatsoever. I mean yeah Rift got a boost in population but honestly it wasn't THAT much. Definitely not enough to beat League of Legends out of the top spot, I have no idea how these were compiled.
  • AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Axewielderx

where does it say RIft has over 8 mil people playing? the #1 spot only means a tiny small number of WoW playerbase uses raptr.

Sorry, I thought I was clear enough. That was really my point. Only a small number of gamers use raptr. Therefore, this information is irrelevant and biased.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.