Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The SOE Live panels were updated - Panels include: classes, lore, the world, Q & A

IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

Comments

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by Iadien

https://www.soe.com/soelive/lineup.vm

August 2

11:00 AM - 1:00 PM | EverQuest Franchise Keynote Address | More details to be announced. You won't want to miss this!

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM | EverQuest Next: Creating a World | Come learn about how we go about making the world of a brand new MMO!

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM | EverQuest Next: The World of EverQuest Next | Find out what the world looks like and how players will experience it.

August 3

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | EverQuest Next: Showing Off Your Creativity | What avenues will our players have to participate in the more creative parts of an MMO?

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM | EverQuest Next: The Classes of EverQuest Next | A discussion about one of the most important features of any MMO: the classes!

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM | EverQuest Next: The Lore of EverQuest Next | What's new? What's different? How many familiar faces will there be? Does your favorite character feature prominently in the story? Join us and find out!

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM | EverQuest Next: Q&A Part One | You have many, many questions. We have answers to at least some of them. We should hang out.

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM | EverQuest Next: Q&A Part Two | You have many, many questions. We have answers to at least some of them. We should hang out.

Showing Off Your Creativity = Foundry.  There's going to be some sort of way to make content as a player and let others enjoy it.

The classes! = It's not a free range skill based progression system.  We got classes.  Deal with it.

What's new? What's different? = Firiona Vie is now a ranger.  It's an alternate universe, not an EQ clone.  Deal with it.

You have many, many questions. = I only have a few questions.  Where do I surrender my wallet?  Is there drop box to place my wallet in or do you collect them by hand after the show?  

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Dear lord! August 2 and 3 can't come soon enough. EPIC!
  • HahhnsHahhns Member Posts: 210

Classes are ok, they were in eq:)

and you can pm me you bank info and I will help that wallet out ;)

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by Hahhns

Classes are ok, they were in eq:)

and you can pm me you bank info and I will help that wallet out ;)

Unless you're on the development team, don't talk to me about my wallet, criminal!

But lol, ya I like classes.  I like skill point systems.  The things that matter are character progression and customization.  For example, GW2 had classes but they were extremely customizable.  Where Tera had ZERO character customization where it came to classes/skills.

All I know is that I'm not going to be a ranger again.  1999 EQ gave me ranger PTSD.  I can't play ranger anymore without having horrible flashbacks of ranger-gating all the time.  Even though he's the only EQ character I have and he's got thousands of AAs now.....

I'll never play another ranger again....

Ok maybe I will.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  Firiona Vie is a ranger now.  Maybe it's a sign! lol

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by Gallus85

August 2

11:00 AM - 1:00 PM | EverQuest Franchise Keynote Address | More details to be announced. You won't want to miss this!

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM | EverQuest Next: Creating a World | Come learn about how we go about making the world of a brand new MMO!

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM | EverQuest Next: The World of EverQuest Next | Find out what the world looks like and how players will experience it.

August 3

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | EverQuest Next: Showing Off Your Creativity | What avenues will our players have to participate in the more creative parts of an MMO?

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM | EverQuest Next: The Classes of EverQuest Next | A discussion about one of the most important features of any MMO: the classes!

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM | EverQuest Next: The Lore of EverQuest Next | What's new? What's different? How many familiar faces will there be? Does your favorite character feature prominently in the story? Join us and find out!

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM | EverQuest Next: Q&A Part One | You have many, many questions. We have answers to at least some of them. We should hang out.

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM | EverQuest Next: Q&A Part Two | You have many, many questions. We have answers to at least some of them. We should hang out.

Showing Off Your Creativity = Foundry.  There's going to be some sort of way to make content as a player and let others enjoy it.

The classes! = It's not a free range skill based progression system.  We got classes.  Deal with it.

What's new? What's different? = Firiona Vie is now a ranger.  It's an alternate universe, not an EQ clone.  Deal with it.

You have many, many questions. = I only have a few questions.  Where do I surrender my wallet?  Is there drop box to place my wallet in or do you collect them by hand after the show?  

I vote no foundry.....thinking they mean you can import or make your own designs for shield emblems, music if you are a bard, cape emblems, artwork for your home once you craft one...things of this nature.

Classes......think they are saying we might get to multi-class in this version

Firiona Vie is is half sword mage, half ranger. (obviously sword mage is a new class here)

If it's free it's for me. And yes I will probably dump a few coins into SOE's pockets during the first 3 months or so of release.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Showing off your creativity?  Storybricks tutorial used in EQN.  
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Karble

I vote no foundry.....thinking they mean you can import or make your own designs for shield emblems, music if you are a bard, cape emblems, artwork for your home once you craft one...things of this nature.

I thing you may mean something like:https://player-studio.soe.com/ 

Player Studio™ is a new program that invites (initially US-based) players to download sample geometry, learn how virtual items are constructed, and try designing items. You can try your hand at writing a creative name, item description, and rationale for how it fits into the ongoing narrative storyline.

The items are then made available via the cash shop in Everquest, Everquest 2 and FreeRealms although they have promised to add it to Planetside 2 and Vanguard.  This will almost certainly come to Everquest NEXT.

However I think the foundry is something else entirely, perhaps involving storybricks technology perhaps something entirely new.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

Don't forget that most if not all are ex/present EQ players so i doubt being creative is anything about stuff they already use in game but possibly about storybricks and about the sandbox elements.

Classes woot yeah thank god for that.

From a lot of the subjects i get the feeling this game is very much like EQ we know with a lot of new features added in.

Only sad thing is now i have to wait till the 3rd till i find out everything.

• WheskyWhesky Member Posts: 125

Yes I don't think "classes" needs to mean traditional classes either. I still there's a chance we'll get multi-class or perhaps some sort of customization. A job system or whatever.

Still hoping for something like SWG's profession system (pre-nge) !

SWG, Eve, Planetside 2, EQN, Star Citizen

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by craftseeker

Player Studio™ is a new program that invites (initially US-based) players to download sample geometry, learn how virtual items are constructed, and try designing items. You can try your hand at writing a creative name, item description, and rationale for how it fits into the ongoing narrative storyline.

The items are then made available via the cash shop in Everquest, Everquest 2 and FreeRealms although they have promised to add it to Planetside 2 and Vanguard.  This will almost certainly come to Everquest NEXT.

However I think the foundry is something else entirely, perhaps involving storybricks technology perhaps something entirely new.

Actually I would expect both. EQ2 has had a dungeon maker for quite some time now, and it is fairly obvious that they are treating EQ2 as the testing ground for EQNext ideas (SoEmote etc).

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Whesky

Yes I don't think "classes" needs to mean traditional classes either. I still there's a chance we'll get multi-class or perhaps some sort of customization. A job system or whatever.

Still hoping for something like SWG's profession system (pre-nge) !

I wouldn't count on it. EQ classes are iconic, well implemented and lore rich. They would be dumb to get rid of them.

Open ended trees in a multiplayer setting will just devolve into three generic 'best' builds for tanking, damage and healing. Which is boring and lame. Classes should be well defined with strengths and weaknesses.  I would rather have interesting and meaningful choices within a class (alternate advancement options) than have a multiclass mess.  

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

August 2

August 3

It sounds good to me.......

I like Classes and that doesn't mean that all classes are fixed either.

That might be a system to blend 2 or more classes together, who knows?

A Foundry System is needed too, best way to keep content going is if the players created it.

I just hope that this game will be Group+Raid+Comunity centric like EQ, that's all I need, I am fed up of playing alone in MMORPGs, everything else is a bonus.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by craftseeker

Actually I would expect both. EQ2 has had a dungeon maker for quite some time now, and it is fairly obvious that they are treating EQ2 as the testing ground for EQNext ideas (SoEmote etc).

I think there is a high probability that the sort of gameplay introduced with the Beastlord class to EQ2 in Dec 2011 will feature in EQ Next. Not so much the "pet class" aspect" but the building up of a power bar that then allows the use of other abilities.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

Foundry is in Neverwinter, it has nothing to do with EQ or EQN.

This has been pretty much known since Smedley first talked about classes in interviews and Georgeson talked about some kind of multiclass system.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

Very much looking forward to learning about this game.

I hope it truly is a bit more old school.  It would be refreshing to play an MMO that didn't involve speed leveling to cap via ultra ez-mode in 1-3 weeks and that demanded more grouping.  I'm also hoping the game is sub-based since I'm sick of F2P and even more sick of crappy players who want everything for nothing, including the games themselves.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i already don't like that there's a "story".   let us make our own for once. 
    Originally posted by Voqar

Very much looking forward to learning about this game.

I hope it truly is a bit more old school.  It would be refreshing to play an MMO that didn't involve speed leveling to cap via ultra ez-mode in 1-3 weeks and that demanded more grouping.  I'm also hoping the game is sub-based since I'm sick of F2P and even more sick of crappy players who want everything for nothing, including the games themselves.

It's already confirmed as F2P. I'm pretty sure it'll be very very similar to Planetside 2 (F2P with an optional sub and shop)

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by muffins89

A game with no story is like a bike with no tires.  What, did hundreds of thousands of people just wake up with a sever case of amnesia?

I hope we can shape the world and make our own story once there, but that doesn't mean I want to live in a world thats just a blank canvas.  

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Dullahan

A game with no story is like a bike with no tires.  What, did hundreds of thousands of people just wake up with a sever case of amnesia?

I hope we can shape the world and make our own story once there, but that doesn't mean I want to live in a world thats just a blank canvas.  

Worked fine in UO, you were plopped into the world and the story was what you made of it.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

A game without a story isn't a game, you end up with something like Minecraft.

You need a minimum of lore to have any meanginful adventure.

Originally posted by Waterlily

A game without a story isn't a game, you end up with something like Minecraft.

You need a minimum of lore to have any meanginful adventure.

Say what? Of course minecraft is a game. But I'm sure you didn't mean it like that.

I am all for lore and story though, just not a "story driven mmorpg", I am sick of those. I also think lore is even more important.

I enjoyed SWG and now Eve, there's story in both, it's not just what drives the game. 

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

I know right?  I got an email from SOE saying " only 20 days until the event, plan your trip accordingly".

Curse them!  Like I really needed to be reminded that it is "still 20 days until the event".

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

EQ left you very free, there was no handholding, EQ was not a themepark (unlike some people who never played it claim).

But still it had a very strong lore and story behind it.

Originally posted by Roguewiz

I know right?  I got an email from SOE saying " only 20 days until the event, plan your trip accordingly".

Curse them!  Like I really needed to be reminded that it is "still 20 days until the event".

but think about it... it's just a little over two weeks away :D it's gonna go really quick!

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Originally posted by Whesky
    Originally posted by Roguewiz

but think about it... it's just a little over two weeks away :D it's gonna go really quick!

*growls*

Where's my White Fire spell

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity