Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Top Five Jobs to Add to FFXIV: A Realm Reborn

Comments

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

Just add a bunch of classes from FFV

• SUMMONER/CALLER

• ORACLE

• GEOMANCER/ELEMENTALIST

• CHEMIST

• TRAINER/BEASTMASTER

• RED MAGE

• BLUE MAGE

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by BethelsBoy

Just add a bunch of classes from FFV

• SUMMONER/CALLER

• ORACLE

• GEOMANCER/ELEMENTALIST

• CHEMIST

• TRAINER/BEASTMASTER

• RED MAGE

• BLUE MAGE

Summoner is in the game

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

BST!

Secondarily, THF NIN, and DRK :D  and of course RDM

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Calculator! That would be friggen insane.

• dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152

for some reason i cant wait for this game to go live, i already  preorderd mine,

dammit one month to go.

gammer 4 life
  • dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    soooo many people are gonna play this game. im makin a scolar.
    gammer 4 life
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Forget adding more jobs, we still only have three disciples of the land classes at this point (botanist, fisherman, miner). I'd much rather see them add something along the lines of trapper, miller,  etc.

<3

• MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Red Mage, what's FF without the pimp hat, and Corsair, loved to gamble on buffs.
  • Zalaz86Zalaz86 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Amen
  • SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Beast Master!
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Dark Knight is my golden class. Still be nice to see Time Mage, granted its a bit more specialized I concept of it I always loved.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    pah, they add thouse jobs in expasion packs. 
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Gambler, Chermist, Geomancer, Blue Mage, Thief, Ninja, Samurai, Dark Knight.

And yes I wouldn't mind seeing Dancer too

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• kueykuey Member UncommonPosts: 39
    What "class" would the "Engineer" stem from?
  • PuppehPuppeh Member Posts: 5
    Onion knight. Already have the helmet, so why not?
  • xausxaus Member Posts: 34

"Stellus writes:

Ugh, no more rogue classes. It's quite refreshing to see a game that doesn't rely on a cliche characters that anyone under the age of 16 idolizes. Put on some big boy pants and be a team player."

Never played Thief in FFXI did you? all I can say is SATA. Also Thf/nin was the one who pulled the mobs half the time.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

I hope they add something interesting, because when I look at the job list on their website I see

fancy warrior

punchy warrior

warrior warrior

jumpy warrior

???BARD???

nice mage

mean mage

cat lady

Harry Potter

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• FourplayFourplay Member UncommonPosts: 216

The magic sword knights from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Holy Swordsman

Divine Knight

Temple Knight

Arc Knight

As a greatsword wielder with magic based weaponskills.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Puppet/Beast master, please!

• Rogue_DingoRogue_Dingo Member UncommonPosts: 1
    You know what I'd like to see? An Alchemist class a la FFT. The mechanics would probably need some work to fit in an MMO, but I think the ALC would make a great healer/buffer/debuffer, add in the Mix ability and I think it would be a great addition.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

I want a proper Muskateer Class. By proper, I mean at lvl 50 instead of my chocobo fighting, he is carting around this badboy!

My AF Gun, Bitches!

When I fire it, the entire party will drop to the ground, holding their ears, writhing in pain!

Not to mention my chocobo will go flying about a mile in the other direction....

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• victorbjrvictorbjr Member UncommonPosts: 212

Musketeer + X = engineer? 

That said, this is an amusing and altogether worthwhile round up of wishes!

A writer and gamer from the Philippines. Loves his mom dearly. :)

Can also be found on http://www.gamesandgeekery.com

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    To: Michael Bitton  Good read there.  I agree they need to add some more Jobs, one I would like to see is Red Mage.  There is only 1 thing missing from this column you wrote is that Yoshi-P has said more jobs are coming, they have designed them and he knows people want the ones you listed here.  Dont be surprised when they come out with a Ninja a few months into the game.  They have a ton of content not being released at launch but designed for patch rollouts.  
  • TaiyohTaiyoh Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by spankybus

I want a proper Muskateer Class. By proper, I mean at lvl 50 instead of my chocobo fighting, he is carting around this badboy!

My AF Gun, Bitches!

When I fire it, the entire party will drop to the ground, holding their ears, writhing in pain!

Not to mention my chocobo will go flying about a mile in the other direction....

Now that's an idea I can get behind.

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674

I would like to see a Soldier job. Ninja and Samurai could both come out of that.

I would like to see a Red Mage.

I think Geomancer would be cool but I would like to see that as a channel class that had some quick fire abilities but really was for groups as had to channel big spells or channel zones. Just my opinion but I think that would be cool. 

I have a few others that I would like to see. Time Mage was always fun to me. I think a Viking would be fun. I have to say that a Freelancer would be interesting as well.