Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fat Bellys and Small Chests

13»

Comments

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by NoLimit5401
    If SWG did it 10 years ago (skinny, fat, tall, short, muscular, lean, large chested, small chested, wrinkles, freckles, speckles, blah blah...) these modern games should be able to have more options for character customization.

Haha. Very true. A lot of games today could have the phrase "If could SWG do it 10 years ago..." applied to them.

I'm on board for as many customizations as possible. It's the one aspect of an MMO that a player is guaranteed to have control of, even in the most linear of theme park games.

• ClassicEQClassicEQ Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by Gallus85
    Originally posted by ClassicEQ
    Originally posted by Pigglesworth

I would definitely prefer a large bellied character. Its the design I want for my name.

SWTOR was a start, but even that model was more on steroids than big bellied. If you look closely, you can clearly see the ripped abs, even on the fat model.

What I want is an actual fat character. Of course, the next thing I want is appearance armor that can allow me to look shirtless and flaunt my belly while dancing. LOL.

But, I have to disagree on the petite woman thing. All women models should look like stacked barbarians. The new Dark Elf in the reveal image is perfect.

You should be able to modify your character within certain limits set by their race. For instance, humans can have a "belly" to a degree, but High Elves wouldn't have the genetics for that.

I was always bothered that you could make High Elves "tan" in EQ2. I like races to stay true to their lore. They have a certain appearance because of how the Gods/environment has effected them over the years.

Find me the Everquest lore that states that elves by their very nature can not* get fat.  Also show me the lore that states that an elf can not sunbathe and get tan because their skin is unaffected by the sun.

I'd like to read it.

Or are you just making up in your head what you think elves should be like?

Nope. By the way, you're using "elves" as a blanket term when in fact there are many different elves. High Elf lore: 

Those who still reside in Felwithe are now known as the High Elves and through the ages have kept the pale skin and fair hair of the first Elves of Tunare. 

High Elves believe they are the most advanced and civilised race on Norrath and expect to be addressed with respect and humility; it is difficult to become friends with a High Elf as they rarely allow any other than their own kind beyond the walls of their pride and societal rules.

They are naturally pale, as lore states, and too prideful and intelligent to become fat gluttons. Therefor you must start out pale and thin. As to becoming tan and fat upon leaving Felwithe due to personal choices, I'm doubtful that will be implemented.

Also your argument for obese tan High Elves is ludicrous. It won't happen. If you don't like EverQuest races, leave. (I'm quoting you, at the end there).

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by dejoblue

I am a man in the world that is large and in charge and I also prefer petite females.

One of my favorite things about SWTOR was that I could be a big ole fat bellied Bounty Hunter that even looked like me :)

As you can imagine, when I make a female character I do not go for gianormous chests either, I have one of my own.

I hope EQNext caters to this, how about you?

I want to see female characters running around with big juicy butts.  Im sick of all these skinny, anorexic (sp?) chics running around in my games....I want them to have some meat on those bony hips...Am I right ???????

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by superconducting
    ... I feel like I got a little too much information ...

way too much

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by superconducting
    ... I feel like I got a little too much information ...

Definite case of "TMI" in the OP's post.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Torvaldr

I would definitely prefer a large bellied character. Its the design I want for my name.

SWTOR was a start, but even that model was more on steroids than big bellied. If you look closely, you can clearly see the ripped abs, even on the fat model.

What I want is an actual fat character. Of course, the next thing I want is appearance armor that can allow me to look shirtless and flaunt my belly while dancing. LOL.

But, I have to disagree on the petite woman thing. All women models should look like stacked barbarians. The new Dark Elf in the reveal image is perfect.

You should be able to modify your character within certain limits set by their race. For instance, humans can have a "belly" to a degree, but High Elves wouldn't have the genetics for that.

I was always bothered that you could make High Elves "tan" in EQ2. I like races to stay true to their lore. They have a certain appearance because of how the Gods/environment has effected them over the years.

Find me the Everquest lore that states that elves by their very nature can not* get fat.  Also show me the lore that states that an elf can not sunbathe and get tan because their skin is unaffected by the sun.

I'd like to read it.

Nope. By the way, you're using "elves" as a blanket term when in fact there are many different elves. High Elf lore: 

Those who still reside in Felwithe are now known as the High Elves and through the ages have kept the pale skin and fair hair of the first Elves of Tunare. 

High Elves believe they are the most advanced and civilised race on Norrath and expect to be addressed with respect and humility; it is difficult to become friends with a High Elf as they rarely allow any other than their own kind beyond the walls of their pride and societal rules.

They are naturally pale, as lore states, and too prideful and intelligent to become fat gluttons. Therefor you must start out pale and thin. As to becoming tan and fat upon leaving Felwithe due to personal choices, I'm doubtful that will be implemented.

Also your argument for obese tan High Elves is ludicrous. It won't happen. If you don't like EverQuest races, leave. (I'm quoting you, at the end there).

Good thing that this isn't EQ1.  It's a parallel universe and SoE is free to do as they choose.  If they narrowly confine a race then that race shouldn't be a player character race, or rather all playable races should be highly configurable.  Players should be free to role play as they will, especially in a game that seems to be touting such open "sandbox-style" features.

Lore is confirmed for this sandbox game, look at the soe live updates. Lore will impact their appearance. Especially in EQ. Nice try but you aren't going to be able to customize your character beyond what that race is capable of. 100% sure that includes fat high elves. You will be able to customize, but I doubt you will be able to make halflings tall, etc.

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

I'd like to read it.

Ok first of all, I love the EQ races and all the Lore of the game.  I was there day 1 to buy my copy and played EQ and EQ2 longer than any other MMORPG.  Second, you completely made up the weight part.  Lastly the skin color can easily be explained, even right from the start.

Yes they are born* naturally pale, but last I checked, your character did not start off at lvl one as a fresh born baby.  Your characters right from the start of the creation have whatever background story you make up for them and years of past experiences.  This can easily explain tan or overweight high elves.

So don't get cheeky with me son.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

I'd like to read it.

Ok first of all, I love the EQ races and all the Lore of the game.  I was there day 1 to buy my copy and played EQ and EQ2 longer than any other MMORPG.  Second, you completely made up the weight part.  Lastly the skin color can easily be explained, even right from the start.

Yes they are born* naturally pale, but last I checked, your character did not start off at lvl one as a fresh born baby.  Your characters right from the start of the creation have whatever background story you make up for them and years of past experiences.  This can easily explain tan or overweight high elves.

Most of the people here played EQ1&2, too. Anyways you're not going to see fat high elves and hopefully they will have snowy white skin. Giant WoW shoulder pads will be everywhere, though. I know you're into that kinda thing.

Most of the people here played EQ1&2, too. Anyways you're not going to see fat high elves and hopefully they will have snowy white skin. Giant WoW shoulder pads will be everywhere, though. I know you're into that kinda thing.

I have no doubt there will be limits.  You're not going to be able to make your halfing 8 feet tall.  You're not going to be able to make an Ogre the size of a brownie scout.  But now that the technology is there, I can see them letting you make a puggy high elf, or a toned up halfing.  Things like that.  There will be some wiggle room for every race.

I never played WoW, but I've played just about every other MMORPG on the planet.  Starting with MUDS like IoK and DF.  As for the shoulderpads, I think you guys are just over-reacting.  I expect a certain bit of over-the-top when there's high-fantasy involved.  This isn't 14th century Europe.  This is Norrath, a fantasy land where gods are real, undead walk the fields at night and dragons live in the deepest dungeons and highest mountains.  

In this kind of setting, I expect to see some crazy looking armor, over-the-top weapons and high-octane action.  You got to admit, it's a lot less boring to look at. :)

VS

Oh I'm sorry for not using a Japanese example this time.  Thought I could find an American example of over-the-top armor.  Didn't take too long to do it.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

I have no doubt there will be limits.  You're not going to be able to make your halfing 8 feet tall.  You're not going to be able to make an Ogre the size of a brownie scout.  But now that the technology is there, I can see them letting you make a puggy high elf, or a toned up halfing.  Things like that.  There will be some wiggle room for every race.

I never played WoW, but I've played just about every other MMORPG on the planet.  Starting with MUDS like IoK and DF.  As for the shoulderpads, I think you guys are just over-reacting.  I expect a certain bit of over-the-top when there's high-fantasy involved.  This isn't 14th century Europe.  This is Norrath, a fantasy land where gods are real, undead walk the fields at night and dragons live in the deepest dungeons and highest mountains.  

In this kind of setting, I expect to see some crazy looking armor, over-the-top weapons and high-octane action.  You got to admit, it's a lot less boring to look at. :)

VS

Oh I'm sorry for not using a Japanese example this time.  Thought I could find an American example of over-the-top armor.  Didn't take too long to do it.

I much prefer the second image. We've already seen over the top, spiked, glowing, massive shoulder pads in WoW.

The second image is more refreshing at this point.

I much prefer the second image. We've already seen over the top, spiked, glowing, massive shoulder pads in WoW.

Well I for one can play either type.  I play Chivalry myself.  The armor in the game is ultra realistic and it doesn't bug me any.

But I can appreciate both styles.  But you know what?  You can't seem to get past one style.

THE STYLE THAT'S IN EQN HAHAHAHAHAHHFJKDASHFKJD.

Well I for one can play either type.  I play Chivalry myself.  The armor in the game is ultra realistic and it doesn't bug me any.

But I can appreciate both styles.  But you know what?  You can't seem to get past one style.

A lot of people on here don't like ugly, you're right! :-D

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I am a man in the world that is large and in charge and I also prefer petite females.

One of my favorite things about SWTOR was that I could be a big ole fat bellied Bounty Hunter that even looked like me :)

As you can imagine, when I make a female character I do not go for gianormous chests either, I have one of my own.

Back in SWG I had a character that was balding and had a huge gut. He was awesome. I would make his high fantasy counterpart if the creation tools are there.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Also you're in an EverQuest forum, a lot of fans enjoy their art direction. We understand changing game mechanics but turning your game into a stylized cartoon version won't sit well with a majority of EQ fans.

There isn't anything cartoony about PS2 nor the Zbrush picture leaked.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Slampig

Back in SWG I had a character that was balding and had a huge gut. He was awesome. I would make his high fantasy counterpart if the creation tools are there.

I hope we at least have the customization of SWG.  A similar housing, cantina, and language system would be nice as well.  I do miss the days when you could hang out in a cantina getting buffs, and gathering a party to go out with in SWG.  I have no allusions that EQN will have all the SWG elements, but I do think it would be nice to see an mmo that made taverns worth being in other than rest xp and quest givers.

To the OP, I agree that it is fun to make toons that resemble more real life than fantasy.  I always like short slightly out of shape dwarfs myself.  Too many mmo's only allow for the buff dwarf.  Im sorry, but if I drank that much beer I doubt I could maintain a six pack!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I too like to make big, fat and ugly male heroes. You should see my SWTOR toons :) However, when it comes to female toons, I like them voluptuous - tiny waist and big bonzongas. Different strokes for different folks. The only thing that I would be upset at is if EQN does not allow you to make either type (ugly and voluptuous). 
  • QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    Yes, I would like to be able to make your typical fat American slob.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

A good character creation interface is more or less a must in a modern MMO. I hope they allow you to make all kinds of differently looking characters of the races.

But I frankly care more about clothes and gear. EQ2s huge problem is that most of the clothes and armors are made out of a few skins and then recolored, that is just lazy and cheap. There is like 2 robe skins that are both ugly for mages. A dye system and maybe a way to mix the look like in Biowares Neverwinter nights (each armor-part were made out of a few different parts you could mix together).

Looks is getting more and more important in MMOs as the graphics improves, a character should look pretty unique and you should be able to recognize your friends by looks alone. In fact I would like if you only could see the names of friends(on your friend list), guildies and people your are grouped with automatically instead of everyones name hovering above them.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Also you're in an EverQuest forum, a lot of fans enjoy their art direction. We understand changing game mechanics but turning your game into a stylized cartoon version won't sit well with a majority of EQ fans.

We don't need another derail about the EQNext art direction, but clearly you didn't play the same classic EQ that the rest of us played.

Here is the old EQ:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/65345

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/01/everquest-2.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2012/03/eqoa-1333046579.jpg

It is as cartoony as you can get. It is pretty much on par with WoW. At no point was Everquest ever realistic in any iteration. Everquest 2 tried for realism, but ended up looking like play-doh abortions until they fixed them with SOGA.

Original EQ2:

http://www.mmogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/fantasy-mmo-games-everquest-2-extended-players-screenshot.jpg

http://www.cpugamer.com/downloads/Everquets%20II:%20Expansion%20Pack%203/11472888413.jpg

SOGA Comparison:

http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/storeroom/misc/eq2comparison.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2q2lbuc.jpg

Also the large beefy armour that the Kerra / Vah Shir is wearing is pretty much a carbon copy of the Skyshrine Armour that was in EQ2 over a year ago. So people should quit whinging about that too, or stop looking back at EQ with rose tinted glasses and see it for what it really was.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by xxxxxx1

I feel disturbance in the Force.

It's under 9000!!!!!!!!

Is that a Dragon Ball Z reference Mixed with a Star Wars one?