Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play EQNext if it's cartoony?

Comments

• SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60

Dont care much but it have to look great as in WoW and the animations have to be top nice or it would be a BIG turnoff for me.

Many new games havent worked enough on there animations and I realy dont like that.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    What a weird poll. Both options actually say "cartoon graphics are bad".
  • BlackcatZeroBlackcatZero Member UncommonPosts: 58

Yes if it's for Fantasy  realm .  it really depends on how the game looks and plays Plus I'm never giving up on EQ2 Totally Just more moving to EQN. 

It'll be like Playing EQ1 since 1999 and Just adding on another EQ to it be it EQ2 or EQN.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Yes. :)

Is this a "Yes, I would play a cartoony EQN." or a "Yes, the EQN graphics are more catoony." ? ;)

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

No...

That is, if the game is anything like WoW graphics. There is a reason why I could put up with WoW for only 2 weeks. I need my eye candy while playing. If the graphics is anything like Vanguard, EQ2 etc... I'm cool with it.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Yes. :)

Yes what?

You can't do this to us Bill it's not fair :D

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Since people are depicting concept art, though we haven't seen a single in-game character yet, let's just put this to the test.

If EQNext is cartoony, as in:

WoW type shoulderpads, bright colors, lightsaber weapons, well, you know what WoW looks like

would you still play it?

graphics won't be a gamebreaker for me, more important is gameplay and content/customer treatment.

+ I have experience running EQ2 at launch which was superior to WOW at the time but lagged big time with graphics on full.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    What a weird poll. Both options actually say "cartoon graphics are bad".

Yeah I know, if you are going to make a poll, make it unbiased.

Anime and cartoons have millions more fans than MMOs do. I love anime, and I love the style they are presenting. So sick of pseudo-realistic graphics that look boring. For the record, I don't like WoWs aesthetics and never have, not even at launch. I did play the crap out of EQ1 and EQ2.

• kniltsolkniltsol Member Posts: 10
    ...wouldn't it just be called WoW then?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Well, it depends.

I prefer the "realism" approach but, though I can't stand WoW's art design, I don't mind Ryzom's.

So it depends on how the "cartoony" or sytlized approach manifests itself.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Leave Bill and the rest of MMORPG  alone until Aug. 2  then hammer Them .. They really can't say anything right now. that's why you guys are taking this wallpaper Picture  of EQN when it won Best of E3 and will rock the rest of us on Aug. 2
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

"You'll soil yer britches no matter which you prefer," sez he.

...simultaneously unable to remove his eyes from the fat numbers on that ad revenue check...

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

Can't  wait for August 2nd so you can all get over the art design and bask in the greatness SOE has created for us.

The art looks great.

The Zbrush character looks amazing.

The ideas behind EQN are amazing.

The Dev team is top notch.

Deal with it.  Come August 2nd all you nay sayers will be offering sexual favors for beta keys.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

If the "graphics style" of EQNext does not attempt to be realistic, such as LotRO (or better), or Rift, etc., then I will not be purchasing/playing EQNext.

I do not enjoy playing any MMO/game that looks like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Paying For it when it's Free 2 Play Yeah Right. your going to wish it cost over $100 when everything is said and done.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I am kind of curious as to all the people that voted no, how many of them play or were excited for Guild Wars 2?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I'm hoping to play this, but I am starting to get worried over a cartoony vibe from this game.  Let's leave the cartoons with Wildstar.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Waterlily

Since people are depicting concept art, though we haven't seen a single in-game character yet, let's just put this to the test.

If EQNext is cartoony, as in:

WoW type shoulderpads, bright colors, lightsaber weapons, well, you know what WoW looks like

would you still play it?

Am I the only person that saw the screenshot of the character model they released a month or two ago? Unless all that was scrapped I do not think the game will be "cartoony".

And even if it was if the game play is there then so what?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Should EQN go with 'stylized', I will only smile wryly to myself about the irony of it all.

But no, art style has always been nearly the silliest argument that gamers ever choose to have.

Are you suggesting that the aesthetic appeal of the game is not a valid reason to not play? I honestly can't play games that look bad to me, I have tried and it never works out. If the art style offends my tastes it's an automatic quit. I gave WoW 10 minutes back at launch because a friend was playing. I walked away and never looked back.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    gameplay /content >graphics anyday
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Gallus85

Can't  wait for August 2nd so you can all get over the art design and bask in the greatness SOE has created for us.

The art looks great.

Deal with it.  Come August 2nd all you nay sayers will be offering sexual favors for beta keys.

Everyone has different tastes, and those vary even within the experience of the individual. I have a threshold for silliness/cartoonishness that, if crossed, will mean I won't be able to play the game and relate to it. Anything up to that threshold is a go.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

Im hoping they can pull off extreme realism.

I was so turned off by WOWs graphics, its one of the few mmos I've never played.  SWTORs lackluster graphics disappointed me as well.  The graphics of Black Desert look awesome to me.  Its just hard to pull off the necessary fps.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

The art looks great.

I have a feeling that you will take the biggest fall lol.

Yeah i'm looking forward to EQN but i havn't taken everything i know so far( which is nearly nothing) as literal. Stop calling people who are not as starry eyed as you "naysayers" it's fans like you who do dev teams and games more harm than good.

"EQN is gong to be the bestest and from then on it rules all other mmo's even though i know feck all about it but the devs said it is, so it must be"

And what's your obsession with saying "deal with it" when anyone questions something about EQN.

And don't lecture me on EQ or the devs please, i've played the games since 1999.

The only person that is lightly to give out sexual favors for beta keys is you judging by your over the top praise for a game you know nothing about.

I bet you were the same with SWTOR,  GW2 and before that Rift, there is a pattern forming.

Journey mmo men is what i call them, they ride the hype train and move on when the next new shiny get's released.

• ClassicEQClassicEQ Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade

If the "graphics style" of EQNext does not attempt to be realistic, such as LotRO (or better), or Rift, etc., then I will not be purchasing/playing EQNext.

I do not enjoy playing any MMO/game that looks like a Saturday morning cartoon.

A huge shift towards cartoon like graphics will turn off a lot of former EQ fans. There has always been sense of realism with the franchise... until the new painting was posted.

EQ has been borderline realism with very small elements of stylization that worked beautifully. Even the early EQN concept art, as WoW like as it was, doesn't compare to this cartoon network Firiona Vie.

• ClassicEQClassicEQ Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

The art looks great.

I have a feeling that you will take the biggest fall lol.

Yeah i'm looking forward to EQN but i havn't taken everything i know so far( which is nearly nothing) as literal. Stop calling people who are not as starry eyed as you "naysayers" it's fans like you who do dev teams and games more harm than good.

"EQN is gong to be the bestest and from then on it rules all other mmo's even though i know feck all about it but the devs said it is, so it must be"

And what's your obsession with saying "deal with it" when anyone questions something about EQN.

And don't lecture me on EQ or the devs please, i've played the games since 1999.

The only person that is lightly to give out sexual favors for beta keys is you judging by your over the top praise for a game you know nothing about.

I bet you were the same with SWTOR,  GW2 and before that Rift, there is a pattern forming.

Journey mmo men is what i call them, they ride the hype train and move on when the next new shiny get's released.

Lmao. Tell us about it. Anytime anyone has *gasp* a different opinion (other than "EQN is going to blow our minds OMG!!") he yells "deal with it!".

Deal with this!