Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Non Consensual PvP" vs "Stylized Graphics"

hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

We bring you, the defending champion of the month of June, the most popular catchphrase/thread topic on the forums: NON CONSENSUALLL PEEEEE VEEEEEEEE PEEEEEE!!

And in the other corner, the newcomer of July coming to take the belt from the defending champ, the one, the only, STYLIZEDDD GRAAAAPHIIIIICS!!!

Which popular combination makes you laugh more or irritates you more? Last month the hot word was non consensual PvP. This month it appears to be stylized graphics.

Comments

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

"We're live at the San Diego Sony headquarters, where some players are taking game developers hostage after it was announced that their game would be a...and I quote...cartoonish PVP game with cash shop... We're just as confused as you are, more at 11"

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

Non-Consensual PVP = loud, but niche, crowd

Stylized Graphics = proven popularity with many, but not all, and ages well in comparison to realistic graphics.

Since when does an MMORPG with the second highest subscriber base count as niche?

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I tried playing Vanguard and this little green monster with a red name over his head ran at me and attacked.

The Non-Consensual PVE in that game is just out of hand and its no wonder the servers are so dead.

NCPVE games can not and will not make it, they are too niche -- Vanguard and the countless other failed NCPVE games are absolute proof.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I think Waterlily is the only person so far that actually got the thread.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    I think Waterlily is the only person so far that actually got the thread.

thread isn't complicated, some guy just wanted to cast his vote for catch phrases of yesteryore and my (obviously unclear) intention was to claim the non consensual pvp one irritates me most.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Stylized Graphics = proven popularity with many, but not all, and ages well in comparison to realistic graphics.

Do you think this aged well?

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by Waterlily

"We're live at the San Diego Sony headquarters, where some players are taking game developers hostage after it was announced that their game would be a...and I quote...cartoonish PVP game with cash shop... We're just as confused as you are, more at 11"

Lol

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    That beast above me looks awefull same as EQN cartoony grahpics man i can't believe people want this kind of style must puge now.
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

For what the game is, sure. Wildstar is not that dissimilar and it's not even out yet.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Hail, a Stylized Themepark PvP!

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Originally posted by Mendel
    Hail, a Stylized Themepark PvP!

Hail, a failed hatchling.

A failed hatchling scowls at you, ready to attack.

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71

The cock ring is very very 80's, its all shinney chrome ones now.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Graphic style bothers me not. I have watched lots of anime/manga that uses "stylized graphics" and does fine with the story.

As far as "non-consensual" goes, if you don't want to concede, don't log. Every game is not for every body, get over it.

• bigbudzbigbudz Member Posts: 52

Did you even read the thread? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCy8MpT45gk

Current PC Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/p8RBD3

Present: Current offerings are low quality or soloable

Past:AoC, DCUO, FFXI,FFXIV 1.0 and ARR,WoW,Fallen Earth, Tabula Rasa, TSW, SWTOR, Rift, Aion, WAR, Darkfall, STO, CoH/CoV, GW2, Diaspora, EQ2, DDO, and a bunch of forgettable ftp games

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

We're still talking about relatively concrete concepts here. Just wait until Meaningful PvP and Immersion show up. They're the real tough guys.

Oh, wait, Immersion is already here! Good, good.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Actually, I do. Looks like Wildstar's graphics. Plus, it's able to run on just about any machine still.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Vayman

Actually, I do. Looks like Wildstar's graphics. Plus, it's able to run on just about any machine still.

Well then it's good you have two games where you can get your fantasy death cows with runic blade dose, now isn't it? :P

• AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185

Are you kidding? I'm sorry, but World of Warcraft looks terrible.

If you want to see a game that actually aged well - look at EVE online. It has a photorealistic style too!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Non-Consensual PVP = loud, but niche, crowd

How has it proven popular? Because one MMO that happens to be popular has stylized graphics?

• thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Oh yeah cause that generic green Wrath of the Lich King armor with what seems like low graphics settings in the background is definitely evidence of a games capabilities, stop trying to make the game look bad.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/december/patch52_s13_wave1.jpg

http://pikigeek.com/files/2012/03/models.jpg

some of the higher end character models of the current expansion... here I am actually comparing humans and not taurens or orcs like some people like to put because of their noticable bigger shoulders to try and make the game look bad

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by Aceshighhhh

Are you kidding? I'm sorry, but World of Warcraft looks terrible.

If you want to see a game that actually aged well - look at EVE online. It has a photorealistic style too!

No arguments from me. EVE looks great. I didn't say the graphics of WoW look great or terrible or anything in between. Just that the graphics still hold up to games that are newer then it. They've aged well, and that seems to have been the original intent to make them last and reach a wide audience.

Originally posted by thedood123

Oh yeah cause that generic green Wrath of the Lich King armor with what seems like low graphics settings

These are the upgraded graphics, that's why the textures on the fatty are so sharp.

That's what the site said where I got it from, I don't play WoW.

• thedood123thedood123 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Oh yeah cause that generic green Wrath of the Lich King armor with what seems like low graphics settings

These are the upgraded graphics, that's why the textures on the fatty are so sharp.

Yeah, I know I understand that you don't play WoW and all but yeah you want to look at the newest graphics Mists of Pandaria has to offer because its the latest and we are talking about aging and WoW does it extremely well

• AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185

Yeah, I know I understand that you don't play WoW and all but yeah you want to look at the newest graphics Mists of Pandaria has to offer because its the latest and we are talking about aging and WoW does it extremely well

I completely disagree. That image you posted looks like it was taken from a PlayStation 2 screenshot.

The notion that WoW, Wildstar, and other "stylized" games age better is completely subjective and absolutely non-factual.

This is from 2010:

Even from this photo, you can base that realistic graphics can actually age significantly better than "stylized"

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Aceshighhhh

I completely disagree. That image you posted looks like it was taken from a PlayStation 2 screenshot.

The notion that WoW, Wildstar, and other "stylized" games age better is completely subjective and absolutely non-factual.

This is from 2010:

Even from this photo, you can base that realistic graphics can actually age significantly better than "stylized"

LOL that isn't "aged well graphics".....that's a complete graphical overhaul. That's like me saying these two are graphics who aged well......: