Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh God, what have I done...

falphfalph Member UncommonPosts: 22

For the lulz, I made a throwaway beta character completely different from the typical male human I always play. A tiny 'lil Lalafell girl. After playing her the past few weeks...I think I'm sort of...maybe...starting to...I dunno...kind of maybe love her...JUST A LITTLE!!! :3

In the long run, I just can't see playing her as a main since I wanted to take advantage of the game's biggest selling point to me - the ability to play all jobs on a single character - which is why I wanted to go with human, since their average-ness in body type makes them look suitable for all different styles and outfits, making them a perfect fit for the multi-job character.

Granted, a tiny Lala Gladiator or Pugilist has lulz-factor, but I've always been a "need to identify with my character" type of guy, so I have a feeling the novelty might wear off as a main character...

Do I make my human and think what might have been every time I see a stubby toddler with an axe?

Do I make my Lala alt for just crafting/gathering and give up the dream of the single all-in-one character?

Do I seek professional help for caring about any of this, let alone making a forum post about it?

HELP ME, I'VE....LALAFALLEN... :3 :3 :3

Comments

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    lol
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I'm afraid.. nothing can be done. You're already.. too far gone my friend. 
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

lock'em up!

i kid i kid.. To be honest, though, I had a ton of fun in FFXI as a tarutaru BLM. If it wasn't for the fact that i already did the adorable lil' midget pimp.. thing in FFXI I'd probably be in the same boat.

Now I've gotta decide between human (looks the best, but I always jsut feel...average choosing human), or elvaan (not much better, and I'm not sure if I like how mannered they are in FFXIV). I think if I can get the limps short enough I'll prolly go elvaan, but who knows.

Hopefully (I actually haven't seen anything on this yet) the character slots won't be as restrictive as they were in FFXI. Even if I just had 2 characters, that'd be fine, or the ability to roll on multiple servers (since I think my friends are probably not going to all agree on the same one =/).

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418
    If you are having fun, play on until its not fun any more,  then go and make your human.
  • twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by xphil3

For the lulz, I made a throwaway beta character completely different from the typical male human I always play. A tiny 'lil Lalafell girl. After playing her the past few weeks...I think I'm sort of...maybe...starting to...I dunno...kind of maybe love her...JUST A LITTLE!!! :3

In the long run, I just can't see playing her as a main since I wanted to take advantage of the game's biggest selling point to me - the ability to play all jobs on a single character - which is why I wanted to go with human, since their average-ness in body type makes them look suitable for all different styles and outfits, making them a perfect fit for the multi-job character.

Granted, a tiny Lala Gladiator or Pugilist has lulz-factor, but I've always been a "need to identify with my character" type of guy, so I have a feeling the novelty might wear off as a main character...

Do I make my human and think what might have been every time I see a stubby toddler with an axe?

Do I make my Lala alt for just crafting/gathering and give up the dream of the single all-in-one character?

Do I seek professional help for caring about any of this, let alone making a forum post about it?

Lol. Well, as someone who played an Elvaan in FFXI as my original character, the novelty of being a non-human race wears off (and we're talking about a race whose only real difference from humans is height and long-necks...). I rerolled a human when I came back (my original character was deleted) and never regretted it.

If I were you, I'd roll a human and just 1 character. There are going to be so many Lalafell running around that you'll see them in every job; enough that you'll eventually get sick of them like any sane human being.

TLDR: Not 'Lolololafell' -- 'Hyurhyurhyur'...

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Be warned if you are on the Cactuar server and playing a Lalafell I will punt you!!!!!!

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Pugilist FTW!!!
  • MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Lexin
    Be warned if you are on the Cactuar server and playing a Lalafell I will punt you!!!!!!

They'd just grapple your leg like a tiny playing kitten.

.....I DEMAND A DRAWING OF THIS!

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by MidBoss

lol That or hump your leg and/or bite your ankle.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by MidBoss

lol That or hump your leg and/or bite your ankle.

I can see the chat now. "I got my two front teeth knocked out by a cabbage patch doll."

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    They are pretty damn cute and not the type of cute that makes you want to cleanse with with fire like in Tera.  I can take a lalafell or Taru seriously but those creatures from Tera nuh uh.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by tkreep
    They are pretty damn cute and not the type of cute that makes you want to cleanse with with fire like in Tera.  I can take a lalafell or Taru seriously but those creatures from Tera nuh uh.

I like Elin. I'm glad Lalafell never got hauled down in to the mud like Elin did but I look at Lyn and I see Elin all over that race and they don't get hauled through the mud. Elin are still the most adorable 'little people' race to me but they were twisted in to something else and more to the point, I don't think that will ever happen to Lalafell and that can only be a good thing.

Originally posted by free2play
    Originally posted by tkreep

I like Elin. I'm glad Lalafell never got hauled down in to the mud like Elin did but I look at Lyn and I see Elin all over that race and they don't get hauled through the mud. Elin are still the most adorable 'little people' race to me but they were twisted in to something else and more to the point, I don't think that will ever happen to Lalafell and that can only be a good thing.

I was talking about these actually

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Cactuar is where the party is at!

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Just pray they don't implement Dark Knights anytime soon.  The female Lallafell catch phrase as a DK.

"Goth, goth, loli, loli; I'm going to suck out your souly wouly"

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
    Originally posted by Roguewiz

Just pray they don't implement Dark Knights anytime soon.  The female Lallafell catch phrase as a DK.

"Goth, goth, loli, loli; I'm going to suck out your souly wouly"

Cuteness does suck someones soul out

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by falph

I'm sure you had plenty of 'precious moments'

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289
    Haha! The Lala's are quite popular. I find it hilarious that they can go unseen in cutscenes and such. They should get a little stool to carry around with them when they need to see over a counter or something. 
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    This is actually my biggest gripe with the multiclassing system of this game. It seems to encourage doing everything on a single character, but I like making different characters. Having only one set of looks to play around with is a bit boring, even if you can switch armor and such.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by falph

HAhahaha 

I now have the option of playing a male Mithra...but I just can't do it...too attached to my cat girl and her tushy always walkin away from me...i know, perv.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by mcrippins

Its a known fact, IF you click create after browsing all the lalfel options and actually bring one to life. It is already over.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• falphfalph Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx
    Originally posted by mcrippins

Its a known fact, IF you click create after browsing all the lalfel options and actually bring one to life. It is already over.

I'm already fretting over the beta wipe! Does anyone have the floor plans of the Square-Enix server? I need to plot a rescue! 

• falphfalph Member UncommonPosts: 22

BRING IT, STUPID HEAD!!!

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

I am on cactuar and I am a lalafell. come try to kick me....if you can find me. buahahahaha.