Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unsuspected Jesus patch hits DFUW

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

We knew we were getting markets and they would revolutionise how in-game trading was done but we never thought they would be this good AND we'd be getting a ton of very important economy fixes included.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?375061-Patch-Notes-July-9th&p=6117673#post6117673

<blockquote restore="" "=""> New Content:

Player Market: This is a new Darkfall Unholy Wars system which will change the way the game has been played so far and will make Darkfall Unholy Wars even more of a player-driven economy. You can read more about the Market System in this developer insight post

New Utility Ship: The Sea Scraper (requires Shipbuilding 75): The Sea Scraper gathers treasure from the bottom of the ocean floor. Loot includes among many common and uncommon items also a chance for the following:
  • Every broken item in the game
  • Building modules
  • Ship modules
  • Ship cannons
  • Treasure maps
  • Lodestone
Chances for rare loot increase considerably in the most Dangerous areas of Agon.

New Warship: Sloop (Shipbuilding Mastery 1)
Added 3 new feats for capturing villages

General Fixes

• Potential fix for map fog of war not working properly (black map bug). We believe this fix will take care of this issue, we need your feedback as this is difficult for us to test.
  • Fixed a bug where 'boss' mobs would not respawn if player despawned them by moving far away from the spawnpoint
  • Reduced the chance spirit bond will “break” due to line of sight.
  • Fixed a bug where a player would appear "falling" if he died while in the air
  • Fixed a bug where party modifiers would become inconsistent after toggling and inviting new members
  • Fixed a bug where a party member could get stuck in a party when the leader got disconnected and unable to join another party or invite other people in his own party
  • Fixed a bug where placing a used crafted weapon in your house safe would restore its durability and removing the crafter's name after server restart
  • Fixed so that if “points of interest” map markers were turned on, in-game FPS would drop considerably.
  • Fix for a special effect leak that would eventually lead to a crash on some occasions
  • Fixed a bug where when a character that was on someones friend list got deleted it would add a new random character in his place
  • Fixed a bug where Vulnerable Villages where being reset on Server Restart
  • Fixed a bug that didn’t clear combo points when using a mount’s alternative attacks.
  • Fixed a bug where when splitting a stack pressing backspace or delete was not fully clearing the input box
  • Added sound to the House Recall action

Player Housing Changes

From now whenever a player wants to transfer his/her house to another player the process goes through the trade system.
  • The target player has to accept the trade request and place all the items which he/she wants to exchange for the specific house.
  • The trade stops automatically if the player loses ownership of the house.
  • You can not trade a house while you are owe taxes on it.
  • On mouseover, on the house deed in the trading window, you can see the location of the house and the upgrades installed.
  • You can also see the location of your house on the map from now on by activating the personal markers.

General Changes

Captured village income messages no longer appear on screen
Danger zone map display can be toggled from the “Danger Regions” filter on the map

Tweaks on rare material/treasure map drop rates according to area’s danger level:
Essences and Maps now follow these multipliers on their probabilities
  • Protected - Mult 0.0
  • Danger Area: I - Mult 0.1
  • Danger Area: II - Mult 0.3
  • Danger Area: III - Mult 1.0
  • Danger Area: IV - Mult 1.45
  • Danger Area: V - Mult 3.5

So, rare Essences and Treasure maps are completely removed from Protected Areas.

The uncommon materials (e.g. Mandrake, Sulfur etc) probabilities keep using their old multipliers per danger area.
  • Protected Mult 1.0
  • Danger Area: I - Mult 1.1
  • Danger Area: II - Mult 1.2
  • Danger Area: III - Mult 1.3
  • Danger Area: IV - Mult 1.4
  • Danger Area: V - Mult 1.5

Village Changes
You can read more about the Village Changes in this developer insight post

• Prowess Points while Capturing a Village Control Point are now divided in the party
  • Capture Village will now yield 10 times more prowess
  • Village reward "ticks" are now once per 10 minutes (Instead of 5)
  • Raiding village prowess per "tick" have been doubled
  • Village raiders will reach a 100% chance of stealing after 3 “ticks”. (1st tick =50%, 2nd tick =75%, 3d tick= 100% chance)
  • Prowess from capturing a Village are divided among party memebers.
  • Once captured, a village will remain invulnerable for 20 hours
  • Once vulnerable, a village will time-out (and return to “free”) after 10 hours
  • Gold rewards increased to 8 gold, per built house, per tick. (increase of 100%)
  • Raised village reward quantities of Arrows x10, Dust x5 and Beads x5
  • Added chance for Building Module rewards in all Villages
  • Sub-continent villages have been “specialized”
  • Specialized Sub-continent Villages get 4 times the probability on the kind of resource and twice the chance on rarity of the resource

Village Specializations:

Leather (Niflheim, North-West):
  • Bjonlmir - Selentine
  • Snowfort - Veilron
  • Kydolnyr - Neithal
  • Eyrkla's Shadow - Leenspar
  • Baslan's Escape - Theyril

Wood (Yssam, North-East):
  • Owayhan - Selentine
  • Huelhucan - Veilron
  • Ehetil - Neithal
  • Quica - Leenspar
  • Water Gem - Theyril

Ingots (Cairn, South-East):
  • Eltaria - Selentine
  • Gunseran - Veilron
  • Three Pirates - Neithal
  • Rhodenar - Leenspar
  • Hundvin - Theyril

Cloth (Rubaiyat, South-West):
  • Fahnark - Selentine
  • Erraniyat - Veilron
  • Alhali - Neithal
  • Saragh - Leenspar
  • Phynakh - Theyril

World Changes
Fixes to the Player Villages in the following Areas:
  • Bjonlmir
  • Baslan's Escape

Comments

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Yeah it's a good patch. and I hear another one is coming on Friday.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Slowly but surely AV is making a great MMO.
  • NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    It's nice to see AV improving the game. It'll be interesting to see how the player market shakes out.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    If they keep this up I might actually sign up again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Shouldn't it be unexpected Jesus patch? Not Unsuspected?

Yes -_- damn my bad grammar

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Badaboom

and yet even after many more great patches, other players are the real content. basically I won't want to play again until tons more people are playing.

very glad I played the shit out of release. not sure they will ever get the same critical mass of people that makes the game fun. they don't advertise and the game looks very shallow & generic at first glance, even though the overall gameplay is entirely unique.

a smexy big boobed elf advert sells an mmo more than offering some actually different gameplay.

My blog: image

Originally posted by Consensus

and yet even after many more great patches, other players are the real content. basically I won't want to play again until tons more people are playing.

very glad I played the shit out of release. not sure they will ever get the same critical mass of people that makes the game fun. they don't advertise and the game looks very shallow & generic at first glance, even though the overall gameplay is entirely unique.

The population is very good Consensus, it's rare to have an evening which isn't packed with PvP and events.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    A sale on STEAM is in order!

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Tierless

Perhaps now is the time they should offer free download and a 1 month free trial to get new players hooked?

Nah, no trial weeds out the weak.

All we would get is hordes of new players suggesting instanced pvp, pve servers, raids, and quest hubs.

Let those who want this type of game jump in head first...those who are too scared to drop $40 can watch us have fun via youtube and wish they had the balls to jump in!

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

a smexy big boobed elf advert sells an mmo more than offering some actually different gameplay.

I will be assuming you are on EU.  NA seems to be doing pretty good population wise.

I have to completely agree with the highlighted sentence  I would really love to see a big marketing campaign to push the game forward.  Perhaps after it gets out of the so-called beta stage (All the rolls in and situated) they will invest in some marketing.

~Hairysun 

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    A Free 2 Play option with decent limits (not too harsh but just harsh enough to wet one's appetite for more) and continuing the sub system as is now would probably be a good idea once they get all their ducks in a row content and player interaction tool wise. Yes I know you probably all hate me now for even suggesting it but the game is stuck with a bad rep and low population inertia, it needs something to counteract the word of mouth and nothing is better than the option to delve into the game at your leisure (trust me, that's how EVE-Online got me, granted they do not have a Free to play option either but they do have the option to play trials over and over and over again on differing accounts using the same e-mail address legally, by the EULA).

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    only problem is now the high pp pvp players know exactly were the noob/casual players is farming essences now cos of the danger zone coloured map,this is a bad move imo and why 90k+ pp players want to still hang around the noob areas is beyond me,i guess there still isnt enough world pvp to be had.ie seiges  and clan stuff.but the market was much needed and so far running smoothly.
  • StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by natpick
    only problem is now the high pp pvp players know exactly were the noob/casual players is farming essences now cos of the danger zone coloured map,this is a bad move imo and why 90k+ pp players want to still hang around the noob areas is beyond me,i guess there still isnt enough world pvp to be had.ie seiges  and clan stuff.but the market was much needed and so far running smoothly.

High prowress doesn't mean they are good.  This isn't a themepark where a level 80 cant possibly die to a new player.

Also, the shaded areas on the map, perhaps you don't play and saw a picture of it...that is a LOT of land to cover and hide in.

Yeah wont be a good idea to naked afk harves in unsafe areas, might want to bring some gear and be ready for a fight.  There really is a ton of land to cover, and a lot of remote wilderness.  Odds are with you unless your super obvious and not paying attention.

Oh and one more thing, this only effects gear r40 and up.  Most noobs don't wear rare gear regardless of essences being abundant in safe zones.  a total noob wont have a reason to farm essences, and will get all the benefits up to r30 gear staying safe.

You could also utilize the market system, buying essences from brave harvesters and selling bulk raw mats ect.  Its not a hopes situation as you make it out to be.  There now is reason to harvest in unsafe areas.  Before there wasn't other than metal nodes being a pain to get.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

It took them quite a while to add the markets but they are, to my surprise, pretty good and well made.

Btw if you want to sell something you have to drag the item from the list to the left ( the filter) and drop it in the box, not from your inventory.

Also the ressource changes are pretty good, all in all i only need transferes and better rewards for stealing and the game is ready to focus more on content than on fixing and transferes are hopefully coming with the patch on friday

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Doh. lol

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

Originally posted by natpick

On a basic level, yes higher prowess players now have access to kill more people farming essences in level III/IV/V areas.

In reality there's no much you can do to mitigate the chances of being ganked. Firstly the map is huge and there's plenty of areas which are out of the way. Secondly, once you hit 30k prowess you've got a decent chance to win 1v1's against ANY player (assuming it's all been put into combat).

Personally, I'm a 33k prowess Elementalist and i'll kill many 70-150k prowess players daily. Get into a clan, do lots of duels and make sure to learn from them.

As for hanging out in the 'noob' areas, I live in Rubaiyat so I can't comment but there are scummy clans like that.

Originally posted by Dihoru
    A Free 2 Play option with decent limits (not too harsh but just harsh enough to wet one's appetite for more) and continuing the sub system as is now would probably be a good idea once they get all their ducks in a row content and player interaction tool wise. Yes I know you probably all hate me now for even suggesting it but the game is stuck with a bad rep and low population inertia, it needs something to counteract the word of mouth and nothing is better than the option to delve into the game at your leisure (trust me, that's how EVE-Online got me, granted they do not have a Free to play option either but they do have the option to play trials over and over and over again on differing accounts using the same e-mail address legally, by the EULA).

I've advocated F2P in the past but you end up inviting botters/hackers/gold sellers to the game in mass OR restricting the game so much for trial accounts it doesn't feel like DFUW at all...

I'd rather they just did a 75% summer sale on Steam :P

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

AV didnt listened again and introduces WoW Global AH.

No thanks.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

AV didnt listened again and introduces WoW Global AH.

No thanks.

We've known exactly how the market would work for going on 2 years now. Of course its  global, the whole game is global. But there's a fee if the item is far away.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

And more people will not play again until there is something other to do then killing and random ganking.  Not that will drive new subscribers past a few thousand additional folks but better then nothing.  Now if the game had optional PvE servers my bet the game would quadruple in size.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I will never pay a dime for this game without trying it first, after my disappointment with the original. It looks decent, but I just can't do it. Glad all you current players are enjoying how the game is progressing, however.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by azzamasin

And more people will not play again until there is something other to do then killing and random ganking.  Not that will drive new subscribers past a few thousand additional folks but better then nothing.  Now if the game had optional PvE servers my bet the game would quadruple in size.

You may be suprised but I think the game can be fairly enjoyable for a PvE focused person that likes crafting and gathering. Some materials will require you to leave the safe zone, but I'm having a lot of fun sneaking out and gathering.  I would be toast, with my current low prowess, if someone found me but the world is pretty big and it seems worth the excitement/risk if you gather with not much on you.

Sidenote:  Having set mob spawn points that aren't very abundant is pretty stupid imo.  I have no idea why they skimp on the PvE mobs...big possible con for the PvE focused person.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Mardukk

Sidenote:  Having set mob spawn points that aren't very abundant is pretty stupid imo.  I have no idea why they skimp on the PvE mobs...big possible con for the PvE focused person.

I really like their mob placement, and how they leave a lot of open space. It makes the world seem more real, and gives open space for pvp, treasure hunting, gathering, etc.

I'll never forget EQ2, and seeing a sea of bears, lions, and snakes all roaming around and mingling amongst each other. It looked so stupid and unnatural.