Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An LGBTQA Multi-Gaming Community!

zanloriszanloris Member UncommonPosts: 29
My Image post is not working on MMORPG, so I will provide a link to the Scroll of RecruitmentHERE

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Ok, so, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered I get. What does the QA stand for?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Ok, so, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered I get. What does the QA stand for?

Questioning/Queer and Allied

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by lizardbones Ok, so, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered I get. What does the QA stand for?
    Questioning/Queer and Allied

Gotcher. It's inclusive, rather than exclusive. I had just never seen the "QA" before.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by zanloris
    My Image post is not working on MMORPG, so I will provide a link to the Scroll of RecruitmentHERE

Why can't gamers just be gamers without adding sexual identity to it?  Girls aren't girls, they're gamers.  Guys aren't guys, they're gamers.  Children are..still children (no under 18, drink games need to be played!).  Prejudices are encouraged when separation is created by both those that hate and those that are.  People are just people, their sexual identity is more or  less their personal business which is  nobody else matter but their own and their life partner.

Also, just be aware that making such communities/guild names is against User Agreements in which your guild will be given citations, forcibly changed, and/or suspended if advertising as an LGBT in-game or on official forums (if there are any).

Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by zanloris My Image post is not working on MMORPG, so I will provide a link to the Scroll of RecruitmentHERE
    Why can't gamers just be gamers without adding sexual identity to it?  Girls aren't girls, they're gamers.  Guys aren't guys, they're gamers.  Children are..still children (no under 18, drink games need to be played!).  Prejudices are encouraged when separation is created by both those that hate and those that are.  People are just people, their sexual identity is more or  less their personal business which is  nobody else matter but their own and their life partner.

Also, just be aware that making such communities/guild names is against User Agreements in which your guild will be given citations, forcibly changed, and/or suspended if advertising as an LGBT in-game or on official forums (if there are any).

I would bet the perspective of someone who joins a guild, who is a member of the LBGT{and so on) community, and then gets treated very differently from everyone else in the guild might have a different perspective. Finding a group of people who share a common world view might be a pleasant change.

Or

It lets people know what they are getting into before they join, because believe it or not, not everyone would be comfortable joining a guild full of people who have a different sexual orientation from them. Personal stuff comes up in guilds, and this is a way to make sure people don't get blindsided by something they aren't expecting and aren't comfortable with.

After perusing the guilds that are available, and seeing that straight* up "Gay" guilds that have been around since the start of beta testing are still around, and named "Gay Guild" no less without being forced to change, I don't think this guild will have too many issues.

If you're going to complain about something, at least complain about something legitimate. Like the fact that this is a guild recruitment post for FF XIV in the WildStar forums. It needs to be moved.

* Ha ha. :-)

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by zanloris My Image post is not working on MMORPG, so I will provide a link to the Scroll of RecruitmentHERE

I would bet the perspective of someone who joins a guild, who is a member of the LBGT{and so on) community, and then gets treated very differently from everyone else in the guild might have a different perspective. Finding a group of people who share a common world view might be a pleasant change.

Or

It lets people know what they are getting into before they join, because believe it or not, not everyone would be comfortable joining a guild full of people who have a different sexual orientation from them. Personal stuff comes up in guilds, and this is a way to make sure people don't get blindsided by something they aren't expecting and aren't comfortable with.

After perusing the guilds that are available, and seeing that straight* up "Gay" guilds that have been around since the start of beta testing are still around, and named "Gay Guild" no less without being forced to change, I don't think this guild will have too many issues.

If you're going to complain about something, at least complain about something legitimate. Like the fact that this is a guild recruitment post for FF XIV in the WildStar forums. It needs to be moved.

* Ha ha. :-)

Being Gay means that they share the same world view? are you serious?

As for the OP:

I'm pretty sure a guild like that would be against the EULA and for good reasons.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by zanloris

Maybe they just want to be on vent, talk about their lives and not be attacked or insulted because of various mundane things that crop up.

How many times have I been on vent only to hear "oh, my wife is home/girlfriend wants me to do something for her/boyfriend needs some help, etc"

Now imagine someone using those exact words but the person they are talking about is the same sex.

Do you think they want to be questioned or insulted or shunned because of it?

And I suspect your last paragraph is more about your distaste than your concern that they might be moderated?

"Why can't people just mind their own business and let others conduct their lives as they see fit".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by DOGMA1138

Why can't gamers just be gamers without adding sexual identity to it?  Girls aren't girls, they're gamers.  Guys aren't guys, they're gamers.  Children are..still children (no under 18, drink games need to be played!).  Prejudices are encouraged when separation is created by both those that hate and those that are.  People are just people, their sexual identity is more or  less their personal business which is  nobody else matter but their own and their life partner.     Also, just be aware that making such communities/guild names is against User Agreements in which your guild will be given citations, forcibly changed, and/or suspended if advertising as an LGBT in-game or on official forums (if there are any).
    I would bet the perspective of someone who joins a guild, who is a member of the LBGT{and so on) community, and then gets treated very differently from everyone else in the guild might have a different perspective. Finding a group of people who share a common world view might be a pleasant change. Or It lets people know what they are getting into before they join, because believe it or not, not everyone would be comfortable joining a guild full of people who have a different sexual orientation from them. Personal stuff comes up in guilds, and this is a way to make sure people don't get blindsided by something they aren't expecting and aren't comfortable with. After perusing the guilds that are available, and seeing that straight* up "Gay" guilds that have been around since the start of beta testing are still around, and named "Gay Guild" no less without being forced to change, I don't think this guild will have too many issues. If you're going to complain about something, at least complain about something legitimate. Like the fact that this is a guild recruitment post for FF XIV in the WildStar forums. It needs to be moved. * Ha ha. :-)  
    Being Gay means that they share the same world view? are you serious?

As for the OP:

I'm pretty sure a guild like that would be against the EULA and for good reasons.

Yeah, you're just wrong. It would only be a violation of the EULA or ToS if they planned on discriminating based on sexual orientation. Doesn't look like they plan on doing that, so no, they would not be banned.

If you're going to use your ignorance of things as an argument tool, at least be confident and sure about it.

Again, the only problem here is that this appears to be a Final Fantasy community advertisement, not a WildStar community advertisement, so it's in the wrong forum.

• zanloriszanloris Member UncommonPosts: 29
    hey guys! Thanks for defending the post ^-^..we get that a lot.. people just don't understand...and pay no attention to the "hyperion" at the top..we are a Multi-gaming Community :)
  • TzykiraTzykira Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by DOGMA1138Being Gay means that they share the same world view? are you serious?

what does that suppose to mean? are u saying gay people view the world differently ? guess what they dont, they only thing they view differently is how ignorance is a common thing these days

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by Tzykira

Originally posted by DOGMA1138Being Gay means that they share the same world view? are you serious?

what does that suppose to mean? are u saying gay people view the world differently ? guess what they dont, they only thing they view differently is how ignorance is a common thing these days

Pretty sure he was saying being gay or str8 does not mean you view the world the same or diffdifferently and that ones lifestyle does not automaticly mean you have the same views.

• zanloriszanloris Member UncommonPosts: 29
    We are still recruiting for Wildstar, go to our website to apply and hop on teamspeak ^-^