Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And we have patch notes!

VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Patch notes

Interesting tidbits... (there's more than this...)

• Siege blueprints are no longer account-bound and can now be mailed to other players and traded on the Trading Post. Players who already have any siege blueprints and want the tradable version can either obtain another or use the one they have and then use the “2” skill to pack it up again.

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT

Account Achievement Rewards

• Added a reward structure to achievement points. As players complete achievements and increase their achievement score, they’ll unlock new, exclusive rewards for their account. The rewards are retroactive for all achievement points earned prior to this update. Backlogged rewards will be given out once per day until the backlog is completed.
  • As part of the account achievement reward system, permanent account bonuses have been introduced. This will apply across all characters on the player’s account, including magic find, experience from kills, karma gain, and coins from kills.
  • Rewards include gold, gems, karma, laurels, consumables, PvP and WvW rewards, new exclusive armor and weapon skins, and more.

Updated User Interface for the Achievements Panel

• Added a summary page to the achievements panel that gives quick access to unlocked account achievement rewards, upcoming rewards, account bonuses, and recent achievements.
  • Achievement categories are now grouped for easier navigation.
  • Added details pages for all achievements. The details page holds additional information about an individual achievement, including rewards, requirements, point breakdowns, and suggested locations.
  • Added a watch list. The watch list tracks up to 20 specific achievements and displays the top 6 in the user interface.

Structured Player vs. Player

• New PvP Map: Skyhammer!
    • This is a 3-capture-point Conquest map, wherein players also compete for control of a devastating floating energy cannon. The map’s setting is a high-tech asura lab spread across a series of tall desert plateaus, featuring jump pads and a multitude of ways to make enemies fall to their deaths!

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

Content delivery has been very smooth and impressive over the past few months.   Was hoping for a little more on the WvW side but can't complain about frequent, free content.  

Prior to launch, I was very skeptical about GW2 but have really become a fan of both the game and ANet. 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

The new achievements UI is great and I love the idea of getting rewards through completing achievements.

The new zone is okay-ish. I am sure a lot of people will like it but I personally don't like it so far. Too much jumping and not enough killing. I think GW2 should focus more on delivering content which involves killing stuff.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    I think GW2 should focus more on delivering content which involves killing stuff.

I completely disagree. Too many mmorpgs are just combat sims nowadays. I'd like to see much more non combat related content in mmorpgs.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Overall, it's a nice patch. The armor skins could be much better, but the weapons seem to look great.

The one thing I actively dislike is the strong and IMO unwarranted nerf to Mesmer staff they snuck into a non-balance patch.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by djazzy
    I think GW2 should focus more on delivering content which involves killing stuff.

I completely disagree. Too many mmorpgs are just combat sims nowadays. I'd like to see much more non combat related content in mmorpgs.

Yeah but GW2 seems to focus too much on boring achievements and jumping exercises. I don't mind them but I feel the game should also add some more action oriented content. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Scalpless

Overall, it's a nice patch. The armor skins could be much better, but the weapons seem to look great.

The one thing I actively dislike is the strong and IMO unwarranted nerf to Mesmer staff they snuck into a non-balance patch.

Agreed.

Mesmer has been steadily nerfed since launch, and I can't understand why. They are a strong class, but are losing nearly everything they can bring to the table. It's a shame, because they are one of the few classes capable of stirring things up in the meta, and they are losing that versatility with every patch.

If / When they successfully shift mesmer from a confusion / shatter based class, to an interrupt / boon stripping class, then that may make things more interesting. However, atm there's really only 1 viable build for mesmer and it keeps getting nerfed =/.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by djazzy

Yeah but GW2 seems to focus too much on boring achievements and jumping exercises. I don't mind them but I feel the game should also add some more action oriented content. 

I agree somewhat, but there's already a lot of action oriented content.  I think GW2 has balanced different aspects pretty well so far.  There's jumping puzzles, DEs, pvp, dungeons, etc.  I would like to see better rewards though, instead of childish quaggan backpacks and minis.

This new achievement UI is very nice too.  It makes it easier to find the ones i want to track.

• ShrewdDuckShrewdDuck Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Wow another 3-capture-point conquest map, that's insane, I would have never guessed.  
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by ShrewdDuck
    Wow another 3-capture-point conquest map, that's insane, I would have never guessed.  

Have you tried it? It's a lot of fun.

Your avatar, btw... pure win. 

Oderint, dum metuant.