Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Campaign System Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

When the first Neverwinter module, Fury of the Feywild, goes live, players will have a new 'campaign system' to explore. The campaign system will require players to work through "projects" in order to unlock new locations within the module.

How do players complete Projects and progress? The Sharandar zone itself will have many repeatable quests that give rewards which players will use in the Campaign System window. Also, players can complete solo instances and the five-man Malabog Castle to speed up progression within the Campaign System. Malabog Castle is unlocked via an early (and relatively quick) Campaign System Project before players are able to enter it. For solo instances, players can acquire a one-time use key that they can acquire while doing repeatable quests in the zone or purchase in game with a new currency that comes from the adventure zone.

Read more on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Sweet!!! Repetitive content so we can do more  repetitive content. Just cant wait!!
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Major69er1
    Sweet!!! Repetitive content so we can do more  repetitive content. Just cant wait!!

my thoughts exactly. i can't believe they think folks will be excited by this.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155
    New currency is exactly what this game is in a desperate need of, bring it on i say, and let everyone rejoice.
  • RamadonisRamadonis Member Posts: 18
    Is it just me or this sounds really similar to a system found in STO...Can't recall the name of it. Man, wish these guys would innovate a bit...
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by Major69er1

Made me lol.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    They need to fix the ridiculous agglomeration of currencies and the expensive item shop in this game before adding anything.  The most confusing monetary system of any game out there.   I do not grasp how they do not understand how drastically this hurts the game. 
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    I have some advice here for people. Play the game, pay no attention to your gear except what you freely aquire. Do not dabble with the ah or real money transactions and just enjoy. Thats what I have been doing and I think this game has been great, I cant believe I didnt pay anything for it.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Battlerock
    I have some advice here for people. Play the game, pay no attention to your gear except what you freely aquire. Do not dabble with the ah or real money transactions and just enjoy. Thats what I have been doing and I think this game has been great, I cant believe I didnt pay anything for it.

Yes quite fun until you get to the end game, good luck after that.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Bravo cryptic. You just copy pasted Reputation system from STO and renamed it as Campaign in NW.

So many players are already complaining about huge grind and repetition in STO and they put exactly the same system in NW? not to mention that this sytem is not friendly to those people who like to play alts.

My mind just blew up.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Couldn't really get into any of the classes. I'll get excited when they release new ones. Haven't even made it past 40 yet, nor have I played in about 2 months.