Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Day Plans?

13»

Comments

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

No I would never take time off to play an MMO , much more important things in life then a game. Although a wonderful past time lifes to short to just live and breath for a game.

My Wife and friends and travel are much more important.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

I'm going to play Crusader Kings 2 on the day of release. I kind of don't care for inevitable glitches, half-playable games and all that nerve-wrecking stuff anymore.

I'm going to wait couple of weeks, while the most glaring problems are removed, watch some gameplay videos, read some forum whines (and there would be whines, trust me. The game may give people blowjobs and people would still whine...), and may be decide that I'm going to play it. Or may be not; the way it's going I don't have any kinds of high hopes for the game.

But one thing I'll not do is trying to play the game on release. 

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Pigglesworth

Many of you have already flamed me for planning time off, but who cares? I love playing Everquest. Period.

But, to address the one point that a couple brought up, here's more insanity.

The first day or two of any release is aIways a problem. So, I would be wasting my vacation time on them, if I could not fully utilize the time playing and instead, sitting, waiting for the servers to come back up after a crash. Fortunately, I already have a solution for this problem.

I have had a long term problem with my nose that surgery can solve. I have put the surgery off for many years because, well, I hate surgery with a passion. But, over time, the issue has gotten unbearable for much longer. So, with EQNext's release, I get to solve two problems with one stone.

Once the release date is planned, I will schedule my surgery for 2 days before the release. This way, I can use sick leave (instead of vacation time) recovering from the surgery, while still claiming my names, character appearances, server choices, etc. Maybe even the starting areas if I am lucky. Doing this on pain killers will lighten the misery of the constant crashes and the game will help keep my mind off the surgery pain. Then, after the 2nd or 3rd day of launch, I will be ready to start my actual vacation time and enjoy the game fully for the next month of vacation.

All in all, pretty good plan. Damn game better be as promised and worth it! I guess I will know for sure after 8/2/2013.

You just made my day! :D

You know you're an EQ fan when you're planning your entire life, even your health, AROUND EQNext.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

I will be watching all the people whining and bitching the game is unstable or they can not get into the login server, etc

Then maybe by that next weekend it will settle down and I will give it a go.