Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No one comes here to discuss Wildstar

jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142

Ever wonder why?  Because people who post here are so insanely negative!  No one wants to hang out with a bunch of melodramatic goths, and the same applies here.  There are tons of good communities out there discussing WIldstar, but not this one.  That is why the mods never bother coming here to post, despite the site's huge rep. 

I swear, I don't think most of the people here even like MMOs.  If they do, it is only shitty sandbox games they say they want, but refuse to play.  Then they act shocked when all the new MMOs are themepark.

Then again, what do you expect from a community that doesn't even put wow in the top 30 of MMOs.  Yet, the Secret World is BEST, numero uno, amongst released games.  ROFL!   The #1 game of all time by far is the one in which almost no info at all exists.  Interesting...

Who makes this list?  TSW is absolute garbage, and WoW is unquestionably the BEST MMO ever made.  Heck, even if you were insanely biased yo would have to put WoW in top 5 or top 10.   Now don't even bother replying with that idiotic 'wow got lucky' post.  That is utter nonsense, and this isn't a discussion about WoW anyways.  The point I am making is that it is insanely negative.  All the games are rated about the same, equally bad, except the one that we don't know anything about.  I assume in time, it will be plunged down to obscurity and mediocrity as well.

Comments

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

So....what is this topic supposed to be discussing?

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It's a troll of course. With a strong whiff of irony.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    only hugely hyped games get talked about a lot here.  gw2 was the last,  eqn is the current/next.  if you want to talk about wildstar im sure there is a forum somewhere. 
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

E3 was a month ago

I expect to see more Wildstar discussion w Gamescom in August

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/news/wildstar_wednesday_main_events_calendar.php

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Be thankful. Most discussions revolve around how the games suck. Since nobody is talking about Wildstar, maybe it doesn't suck?
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Theres plenty of negativity in majority of the current threads so dont know what you mean
  • jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142

Then again, what do you expect from a community that doesn't even put wow in the top 30 of MMOs.  Yet, the Secret World is BEST, numero uno, amongst released games.  ROFL!   The #1 game of all time by far is the one in which almost no info at all exists.  Interesting...

Who makes this list?  TSW is absolute garbage, and WoW is unquestionably the BEST MMO ever made.  Heck, even if you were insanely biased yo would have to put WoW in top 5 or top 10.   Now don't even bother replying with that idiotic 'wow got lucky' post.  That is utter nonsense, and this isn't a discussion about WoW anyways.  The point I am making is that it is insanely negative.  All the games are rated about the same, equally bad, except the one that we don't know anything about.  I assume in time, it will be plunged down to obscurity and mediocrity as well.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Theres plenty of negativity in majority of the current threads so dont know what you mean

Whew!

I was afraid there might be a game people liked! Then these forums would die. Disaster averted!!

Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by jimprouner

Ever wonder why?  Because people who post here are so insanely negative!  No one wants to hang out with a bunch of melodramatic goths.

I swear, I don't think most of the people here even like MMOs.  If they do, it is only shitty sandbox games they say they want, but refuse to play.  Then they act shocked when all the new MMOs are themepark.

your post is insanely negative, you melodramatic goth.

Wasn't calling you a goth, just that the community mirrors one.

Read edit.

Originally posted by Nadia

E3 was a month ago

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/news/wildstar_wednesday_main_events_calendar.php

There are tons of good communities out there discussing WIldstar, but not this one.  That is why the mods never bother coming here to post, despite the site's huge rep.

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    OP has a point though, TSW is absolute shit. the many GW2 haters here had to back something and it was the closest release.
    Originally posted by Robokapp

Ever wonder why?  Because people who post here are so insanely negative!  No one wants to hang out with a bunch of melodramatic goths.

your post is insanely negative, you melodramatic goth.

Wasn't calling you a goth, just that the community mirrors one.

Read edit.

Originally posted by Nadia

E3 was a month ago

There are tons of good communities out there discussing WIldstar, but not this one.  That is why the mods never bother coming here to post, despite the site's huge rep.

only awful game devs and swindlers come here to post. they all know how shitty it is here. that's why the only ones showing their face here are devs trying to sell a dream and cash in, or the ones who make absolute shit tier games and thus are right at home on these forums. 

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    So..are you saying TSW is a good game or that we need more threads about wow ?
    Originally posted by duggyfr3sh123
    OP has a point though, TSW is absolute shit. the many GW2 haters here had to back something and it was the closest release.

I played TSW, I still have it on my computer.  The PvP is just awful.  New players just get 1 shotted over and over.   The matches are usually turtles, and it is so badly balanced it is ridiculous.  The idea to make quests more deep was an honorable one, but it just doesn't work.  Everyone just googles the solution.   There is no PvE end game at all.  Everyone is the same, and the balance is absurdly bad between different weapons.  Even today the game servers crash constantly.  Whats more is the devs haven't done anything to try to fix the game at all.

This is supposedly the #1 MMO out right now...HAHA!

I am not that crazy about WoW's current state of being a loot pinata, but even that is a 1000x better than TSW.

• ArcticnoonArcticnoon Member Posts: 141

This site is geared towards more purist MMO players. A lot of people who post on this site are in their 30s which means they were playing mmos before WoW. So you should understand why they don't hype wow and gw2.

A real mmo you love and play for years, not even thinking of jumping from mmo to mmo. WOW and GW2 are not this type of game.

EQ, FFXI, DAOC, EVE... these games are deeper and more challenging.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I think a lot of people took Wildstar off their radar due to the overly cartooney graphics.  At least I know I did.  To me the gfx are a huge turnoff even if the game is good.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ArcticnoonArcticnoon Member Posts: 141
    Also the OP just became a member of this site 2 days ago.....  Yet he talks like he knows the members of this site.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

mind adding some links to these communities? Id like t visit.

Originally posted by TribeofOne

it's not a good idea. sadly some of the dreck here has already spread toother communities and brought down the quality alot despite their small numbers.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Arcticnoon
    Also the OP just became a member of this site 2 days ago.....  Yet he talks like he knows the members of this site.

He also started a thread about no one talking about wildstar but provided nothing to actually talk about other than why tws sucks and wow is the greatest game ever. Neither really make someone want to talk about wildstar.

This site is geared towards more purist MMO players. A lot of people who post on this site are in their 30s which means they were playing mmos before WoW. So you should understand why they don't hype wow and gw2.

A real mmo you love and play for years, not even thinking of jumping from mmo to mmo. WOW and GW2 are not this type of game.

I have played WoW for 9 years now, off and on at the end though.  I know lots of others who have as well.  Difficulty?  WoW has some fights which are recognized as the most difficult in the history of the game.  So yah, take foot and gently cram it in your mouth.

You probably are right about the patrons of this community, but as I said.  No one wants to play those sandbox games anymore.  They are old and outdated.  Wildstar does have some sandbox elements to it, and I don't mind that.   I am all for pleasing as many people as possible.  Despite that this game is launching with lots of sandbox features this community can't see them, and just smirks at the game and wrists it off as WoW 2.0. 

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by DamonVile

He also started a thread about no one talking about wildstar but provided nothing to actually talk about other than why tws sucks and wow is the greatest game ever. Neither really make someone want to talk about wildstar.

Yet also dumps on TESO and GW2 as badly as he implies people here do to Wildstar. Funny stuff. image

yet people here hated them all too when they were relevant.....it's just the nature of this place.

Originally posted by TribeofOne

http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?forums/wildstar-general.5/

http://www.wildstarforums.com/forums

http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/forum

The first is the best imo.

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108

+10000000 to op.

Couldn't have said it better. This is site has  REALLY big bias, I still come to it on almost a daily basis, but that's because I have nothing going on.

Personally I can't wait for WS, though I don't know if it'll meet its 2013 set date. 2 races/2 classes still not released to ANYONE. And the only two zones they show off are starting zones, and their holy grail of end game hasn't even really been discussed that openly, and its suppose to be their selling point for the most part anyway. 

I'm not afraid of WS releasing too early, ncsoft is probably one of the best experienced mmo companies out there. you could argue about certain games getting closed down but ALL of those games had super tiny communities etc, you might have liked it a lot but no one else did. 

With how well GW2 went ( I'm not fan of that game, infact I can't stand it, but its doing really well) gives me a lot of faith in  ncsoft, along with tthat they also have blade and soul under theyre belt even though its not yet in america. I trust them not take the pie out the oven early. Like so many mmo's have recently.

Originally posted by whisperwynd
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Yet also dumps on TESO and GW2 as badly as he implies people here do to Wildstar. Funny stuff. image

I never said anything about GW2.  It was a good game for what it was, B2P.  People just went in with unrealistic expectations of  deep end game content.  That just was never in the cards with that payment model.

Being negative sometimes is appropriate.  TSW is an overall bad gamet, so it is appropriate to be negative about it.  However, I also listed the quest experience, or at least their hope for the what the questing was supposed to be, as overall positive. The quest experience still wasn't bad though.  But that isn't what this community is.   This community is always negative, and not just about WS, but about just about any game. 

This discussion has been closed.