Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP vs PvE poll by age

2»

Comments

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    This is actually a pretty interesting poll. So far, it looks like older gamers trend towards PvE. Wouldn't surprise me, as young people are often thought to be more competitive.

Looks like gamers trend towards PvE period, regardless of age.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I like pve and pvp equally if a game only has one of these i won't play it.
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    This is actually a pretty interesting poll. So far, it looks like older gamers trend towards PvE. Wouldn't surprise me, as young people are often thought to be more competitive.

Looks like gamers trend towards PvE period, regardless of age.

Every mmo pretty much has you starting out doing pve so you're not really a unique snowflake because you like pve.

I am sure henpecked husbands who have to ask their wives can they play video games prefer pve.
  • firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    You didn't put in a option for both, cause I like PVP and PVE .........a healthy mix of both treated with a equal development stance. I never believe in catering in only one or the other bring the ideas to innovate and create systems and features.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    I am sure henpecked husbands who have to ask their wives can they play video games prefer pve.

Now that is a condescending attitude. It really get people to WANT to play  PvP  with people that have attitudes like you.

Maybe people prefer to play WITH other people instead of AGAINST other people

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

A healthy mix of both keeps it fresh though :)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by firefly2003
    You didn't put in a option for both, cause I like PVP and PVE .........a healthy mix of both treated with a equal development stance. I never believe in catering in only one or the other bring the ideas to innovate and create systems and features.

I like having the option for both, as well.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Hidon
    I enjoy both equally. I'm a PvX player and as such happiest when the two are closely intertwined.

This, the best moments of PvP I had in WAR was when the shared public quest turned ugly. Meaning few poeple came in being PvP flagged and they get attack and before you know it you have some huge PvP going on, while trying to do the PvE public quest. 

We need to create a henpecked husband raiding guild!!! No wives allowed!!
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Have to agree they need both, but most games are going to lean more one way or the other. Can't really say much about this game till i play it though so I'll just chime in on the pve pvp debate here. Imo you have to keep them separated for the most part. I like a good adrenaline rush as much as the next guy. But I don't want a whole game of said rush, my nerves would be shot :). I myself have kind of outgrown the pvp vibe and rather play in a co-op manner but i still like to get it in from time to time. 
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

what if you need healers though... :D

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

Am I the only one concerned and surprised there are more ppl aged 30-40 playing MMOs than people between 20-30?

What will it be like in 40 years? Will most MMOers be between 70-80?

Grandpa QQing because YAEQ (Yet Another EverQuest) wil have FFA PvP?

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

What I like is to play WITH other people, AGAINST other people.

Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

Now that is a condescending attitude. It really get people to WANT to play  PvP  with people that have attitudes like you.

A sense of humour goes a long way my friend.

Originally posted by DaezAster

what if you need healers though... :D

Good point!!

• bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    It kind of surprises me with the 20 and under age group. Where are they at?  I would have thought there would be a slightly higher number.  Maybe alot are into the FPS style games right now. I do like to see the higher percentage of  the age 50+ group making it's way into gaming all around.  
    Originally posted by bendwc10
    It kind of surprises me with the 20 and under age group. Where are they at?  I would have thought there would be a slightly higher number.  Maybe alot are into the FPS style games right now. I do like to see the higher percentage of  the age 50+ group making it's way into gaming all around.  

Well at 50, those husbands don't care what the Old Bat says...