Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How and when will you be starting ffxiv arr (Poll)

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I'm kinda confused if I wanna just start my main with phase 4, or maybe start a new character when the official launch begins. Not really shure how big a difference will be between phase 4 and official launch.

I'm wanting to start on a fresh new server, but don't really know when to truly begin my character yet.

How have ya decided when and which type of server ya are going to be starting your main's on.

Comments

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    I starting to think its just best to just start at release. Mostly to experience the whole thing as it was meant since theyre keeping the VO out and even some classes/jobs until release. Really bad idea IMO as Open Beta is a huge promotional opportunity for the game and the missing content is pretty significant to its presentation.
  • PraviusPravius Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I will be starting on a Legacy server, Excalibur. I figure its going to be nice to have some players around that have been playing a long time and really understand the game. Thing with the jobs, there will be players everywhere as it is with the way jobs are made up. The only disadvantage I can see is an economy that may be inflated at first but as soon as crafters start leveling it should correct itself. I figure it will likely be a more mature community.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I dont want to start on a legacy server because ill get jealous of seeing people run around with AF armor
    When is the VO finally getting implemented? Still nothing until full release?
  • MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Make no mistake, launch is phase 4. Early areas will never be as populated as they will be once that phase starts and if you are like me and you like to level with the first wave of players....well you havr no choice but to start with phase 4.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    You're missing the obvious options of "sometime substantially after release" and "never", which for most games, are the two most sensible options.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    You're missing the obvious options of "sometime substantially after release" and "never", which for most games, are the two most sensible options.

It's the FFXIV section of the forum. Why would you be viewing this if you have zero interest in playing the game?

• healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Monorojo
    Make no mistake, launch is phase 4. Early areas will never be as populated as they will be once that phase starts and if you are like me and you like to level with the first wave of players....well you havr no choice but to start with phase 4.

kinda like the tour d france? first out the gate first too the end of the race? no thanks I'm gona level with noobs and us nubs goana figure it out and I could care less about some legacy

• healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103

It heartens me to see  mmorpg dot com Guides looking out after the sensibility's of others

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Originally posted by mcrippins

It's the FFXIV section of the forum. Why would you be viewing this if you have zero interest in playing the game?

I rarely play games at or before launch.  Games are usually a mess at launch, and since I like my games more polished, it's usually best to wait some months after launch to pick up a game.

As for "never", one reason to check on a game forum is to figure out if you're interested in it or not--and sometimes in the process of doing so, you'll conclude that you're not.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Kayo45
    I starting to think its just best to just start at release. Mostly to experience the whole thing as it was meant since theyre keeping the VO out and even some classes/jobs until release. Really bad idea IMO as Open Beta is a huge promotional opportunity for the game and the missing content is pretty significant to its presentation.

You can always see the cut-scenes again through the inn.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

fresh new server phase 4 (possibly early access depending on what's going on).

I'm a legacy player but I deleted my character as I realized I sort of lost site of what it was with all the new revamps.

I think I'd prefer to start at level 1 and discover the character/class all over again.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210
    All ready to start and figure to stay on the server me and the guild I am in have been playing on so far. Hopefully the server we are on wont be infected with any "goonies" or other annoying trolls.
  • stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    I'll be starting fresh, new server.....I want to experience the game all over again for the first time.  I skipped every singe cutscene and quest text so I can immerse myself once I can keep my character.  The games changed so much, I'm going to play it as a new game...
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

phase 4, fresh server. 

I'm opting to scrap my legacy characters. None were too high and I am really enjoying the low level game this time around. I have all new ideas in mind for character concepts too. 

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

phase 4, fresh server. Hope they don't change their minds and then WIPE!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Zefiris8Zefiris8 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Phase 4 and a fresh server.  Wish I could transfer all my crafting crap from my 1.0 character at least.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Legacy server and start the level 50 content right out of the gate.

Oh and phase four of course!

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

Phase 4, fresh server (unless my buddies want to join a particular legacy free company as they have been talking about).

No point in not taking advantage of phase 4, even if some things won't be in yet. Also, I'd rather be on a fresh server: more people around my level (so easier grouping as I level) and new to the game (so hopefully the chance of elitist snobbery will be slightly lessened).

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Pretty much early access is when I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV 2.0
  • LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I have a 1.0 character but no desire to play it so going to start a new character during phase 4 and play with friends.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    I've got a couple low level 1.0 characters but I will be starting over on a fresh server at the beginning of phase 4.  Nothing against legacy players but I prefer starting the game with players who are new to the game like me.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Let me get this right, phase 4 beta chars will still be in the game at release? Will they retain their levels or be down to level 0?
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Originally posted by Kayo45

You can always see the cut-scenes again through the inn.

Nah, its not the same. There is a big difference between watching as the story unfolds and just watching it all again to hear the VO.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Let me get this right, phase 4 beta chars will still be in the game at release? Will they retain their levels or be down to level 0?

Phase 4 is Open beta with NO WIPE. There is only a posibility to be wiped: a serious bug.