Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Purchase on a Free Trial

Was just curious if I were to do a free trial and decide to subscribe to the game is there a purchase required of the game software, or can I just upgrade and pay for whatever sub plan I want?

Comments

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by SwashBuccaneer
    Was just curious if I were to do a free trial and decide to subscribe to the game is there a purchase required of the game software, or can I just upgrade and pay for whatever sub plan I want?

I think when you upgrade from trial, you also get 1 month free... then after that month you can decide if you will buy a subscription plan or a PLEX offer... keep in mind that you can buy a PLEX ingame for ingame money.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

there is no purchase required for the game

If you go via the 14day (or 21 day trial ) then your game just ocntinues either use a Credit card subscription via the account management or use a Game time card both will put the account into full account mode

So how you subscribe dont matter, but you dont need to buy the game, if you do buy a box set you get 30days (or might even be 60days ) of subscirption with it.

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

If you havent started then that link will give you a 21 day trial, then if you do subscribe i will also pay you 50% of what ever a plex costs in game as a bonus (i get 30days free if you subscribe ) so i will happily split 50/50

If you do subscribe send an evemail to Quazal Atreides (ig) to let me know then will confirm and send ya some free iskies.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Originally posted by w407309

If you go via the 14day (or 21 day trial ) then your game just ocntinues either use a Credit card subscription via the account management or use a Game time card both will put the account into full account mode

So how you subscribe dont matter, but you dont need to buy the game, if you do buy a box set you get 30days (or might even be 60days ) of subscirption with it.

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

If you havent started then that link will give you a 21 day trial, then if you do subscribe i will also pay you 50% of what ever a plex costs in game as a bonus (i get 30days free if you subscribe ) so i will happily split 50/50

If you do subscribe send an evemail to Quazal Atreides (ig) to let me know then will confirm and send ya some free iskies.

Good stuff, thanks.  Might have to check it out for sure.  Been reading the stuff on the game like races and ships, etc.  Not sure what race I wanna do.  :O

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Message me and i can give you 21day trial instead of 14 :)

Originally posted by w407309

Good stuff, thanks.  Might have to check it out for sure.  Been reading the stuff on the game like races and ships, etc.  Not sure what race I wanna do.  :O

You starter race has 0 bearing on anything other than possibly role playing

The biggest issue is about what race of ships, but to decide this i tend to think of the 4 races as generic below

1 Caldari - Mainly Mission running or PvP they are Ewar  Main user of missiles, in pvp missiles tend to be weak, but great at pve

2 Amarr - Great Armor boats, used very well in large fleets, usually highest dps

3 Minmatar - Great for speed, most of hteir boats are speed freeks, they also have the hardest hitting ammo, but take the longest time between cycles

4 Gallenete - Generally middle of the line - Not best at anything, but certianly not worse, Good (or great) dps, but need to get up into your opponents face for their blasters to really take effect

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Originally posted by w407309
    Originally posted by w407309

You starter race has 0 bearing on anything other than possibly role playing

The biggest issue is about what race of ships, but to decide this i tend to think of the 4 races as generic below

1 Caldari - Mainly Mission running or PvP they are Ewar  Main user of missiles, in pvp missiles tend to be weak, but great at pve

2 Amarr - Great Armor boats, used very well in large fleets, usually highest dps

3 Minmatar - Great for speed, most of hteir boats are speed freeks, they also have the hardest hitting ammo, but take the longest time between cycles

4 Gallenete - Generally middle of the line - Not best at anything, but certianly not worse, Good (or great) dps, but need to get up into your opponents face for their blasters to really take effect

Nice summary.  How hard would it be to get to the point of being able to pilot let's say, Minmatar boats, as a Caldari?  Think I like the Caldari philosophy the most, but not a fan of missiles.  Like projectiles or the hybrid (?) weapons

• Oh, and I don't think I'd really like to or want to fly the larger ships in the game so I'm also curious on how well I could do in the game flying some of the smaller/faster ships in various activities in the game like PvP, PvE, etc.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Limiting yourself to only small ships is going to mean you can only to the lowest of missions, kill the smallest pirates, and only help a little in PvP (tackling) so you aren't going to make much isk to fund your endeavors. But a corp might help do that for you.

There are lots of smaller ships that are pure awesome

Ship sizes generall are

Battlecruiser and upward are large or capital

So cruiser and below are small.

Flying the smaller ships you have the heavy assault cruiser, or any of the T3 ie tengu etc.

Personally my ALL time favourite ship was(and still is) the deimos nicknamed "die-most" for a reason, glass cannon personified

But flying small ships does not limit you to anything, even assault frigates have an awesome place, especially since the change in the mechanics etc, you wont see many pirate gatecamps without the odd assualt frigate, but like someone said it really depends on what your planning

PvP yes small definatly have important place

PvE not so much, but can still earn a fair few iskies, but having the Battlecruiser ship skills would really be a minimum for this

• Good to know.  I just don't think I could pilot a battleship or something like that without falling asleep since they all seem so slow.  Would be more interested in doing PvP stuff with some friend/corp but obviously still need to be able to fund my ships when I lose them so wouldn't mind piloting like the battlecruisers for mission running/farming.
  • I see that they have captain's quarters in the game.  Can you visit other pilots' cabins or are they restricted to just the captain?
  • kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

I worked my way up to Caldari Battleships many many many years ago (late '06/early '07?).  To this day, and for the vets that can do the math - yes, I haven't kept a steady sub that entire time, my char has over 90 million Skill Points and can't fly anything larger than that aforementioned Battleship class hull.  Okay, I own and can fly a Charon (can also fly a Rhea if someone wants to buy me one =), but those are cargo haulers not combat ships.  But I can fly any frig/cruiser sized hull from any race and fit it all to hell.

The only reason I worked up to BS class was for ISK making via Level 4 Missions.  I've never flown over a Battlecruiser sized ship in PvP and prefer Frigates.

And you don't have to go the Missile route for Caldari - they also do Hybrids rather well.  Missiles have just been known to be the ammo of the PvE/Mission gawdz for years but even that isn't true so much anymore.   Other weapon systems handle PvE rather well and even missiles aren't as horribad as they used to be for, at least, small scale PvP engagements (so I'm told...)  >.>  <.<

GL HF Fly Safe!

-k

[edit] And it's nice to finally see a NON-troll thread in these forums.  Y'all quit posting in them other threads!  Feeding the trollz = FTL, stoppit!  =)