Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta /Release

Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Just a question if anyone can answer. I can t find anywhere, when OB starts, if it s even known, but mainly is OB carried over to release? Is the OB time considered in your 30 days free? I ve seen so many conflicting statements.

I was a CE owner to 1.0, non Legacy:(, but just want to make sure I don t f up my free time, as I m definitely playing this game at release.

Comments

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    open beta characters carry through release
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by deveilblad
    open beta characters carry through release

Cool, do you know if OB is the start of the free time, I ve read so many different opinions on it.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Soki123

Just a question if anyone can answer. I can t find anywhere, when OB starts, if it s even known, but mainly is OB carried over to release? Is the OB time considered in your 30 days free? I ve seen so many conflicting statements.

I was a CE owner to 1.0, non Legacy:(, but just want to make sure I don t f up my free time, as I m definitely playing this game at release.

They said if everything goes well that characters from Open Beta will transfer to launch. OB time is not considered in your 30 days free (lol).

Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

They said if everything goes well that characters from Open Beta will transfer to launch. OB time is not considered in your 30 days free (lol).

Lol, for sure, but I ve seriously read people saying it will dig into your free time.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223

Lol, for sure, but I ve seriously read people saying it will dig into your free time.

You only get the free time if you buy the game. You don't have to buy the game to be in Open Beta...

You only get the free time if you buy the game. You don't have to buy the game to be in Open Beta...

Ya I know, I have CE from 1.0

• DensetsiDensetsi Member Posts: 62

Be aware though it was also stated that even though characters will carry over from Open Beta to release there will be new added character creation features on the release that won't be in open beta.

So if you are picky about your character creation you might want to keep that in mind.

Originally posted by Densetsi

Be aware though it was also stated that even though characters will carry over from Open Beta to release there will be new added character creation features on the release that won't be in open beta.

So if you are picky about your character creation you might want to keep that in mind.

I swore I read that at release, you can change your appearance of 1.0 chars etc. I m guessing that would include OB chars.

• DensetsiDensetsi Member Posts: 62
    Yeah, I remember hearing that too, I'm not sure if it works for non-legacy players just starting in open beta though.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I heard Open Beta starts the 9th but that seems way too early to be realistic. Anyone else heard this (cannot check FFXIV forms from work)?
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    I heard Open Beta starts the 9th but that seems way too early to be realistic. Anyone else heard this (cannot check FFXIV forms from work)?

9th of august I heard, which seems reasonable.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

yea 9th sounds fine, i figured there would be atleast 2 weeks of open beta, they also said there wont be any transfers after the 15th of july, that gives them 3 weeks of internal development and testing before beta4.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.