Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So... 1 month to go... Anyone holding off buying new games...

Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

... until we know if this game is going to release in the very, very, VERY near future? (read as 2013)

Personally, I am saving my cash for the reveal. If we're gonna have to wait a long time, then I'll most likely buy one of the coming games that we have release dates for. No idea which one though.

Comments

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Eh, its free to play with the possibility of a sub - not like you will have to purchase the client.

So yeah, I will probably buy a new game if one happens to pique my interest in the mean time.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Nope. I loved EQ1 from launch for a couple of years, but I despised EQ2. I know what they've said so far, but I simply don't believe it at this point. Hopefully they surprise me, but until we know a lot more, XIV has my heart.

I will watch closely though :)

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i don't buy a lot of games anyways, that's why i play mmo's :)

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

I'm waiting for August 2nd to decide on FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. I know, it's a themepark game but I had fun in the beta. However if EQN is more fun to me or I decide I really like what I'm hearing (Or if the beta happens before ARR releases) then I wont play FFXIV. I dont like to commit to two MMOs, makes me feel guilty if I'm playing one more than the other.

Plus we'll really see if sub is a dying model. If EQN nails their game, just might be.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by fyerwall

Eh, its free to play with the possibility of a sub - not like you will have to purchase the client.

So yeah, I will probably buy a new game if one happens to pique my interest in the mean time.

Oh crap... 

Figured it would be buy to play. When they say, it will be free to play, does that mean it's free to play from the start, or you have to buy the game to be able to play it for free? Well, this poll was stupid then, if it's completely free to play from the start, lol. :)

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I chose the save my money option. But it's not so much  about saving my money. It's about saving TIME.

Right now there's just not a whole lot out there that's worth playing. I would be willing to pay through the nose for something that's great and holds my interest.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I grabbed an All Access Pass from SoE for playing EQ2 and PS2. With Chemistry this summer I won't have time for much else.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

Oh crap... 

Figured it would be buy to play. When they say, it will be free to play, does that mean it's free to play from the start, or you have to buy the game to be able to play it for free? Well, this poll was stupid then, if it's completely free to play from the start, lol. :)

I'd bet you have to buy the box for $59.99 or something, then the sub, without frills, is FTP.  With frills, $15.95/mo.  Just my guess.

You out of the loop, sir?

It's going to be completely free to play. Download the game online day 1 and you're good to go. How watered down or hindered you will be if you dont sub or something, no one knows that yet. Maybe August 2nd we'll know those details for sure.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Oh crap... 

I'd bet you have to buy the box for $59.99 or something, then the sub, without frills, is FTP.  With frills, $15.95/mo.  Just my guess.

Yes, that's how I think it will be as well, but please... lol.... $14.99/month... Don't let it be the game that increases the sub fee... hehe

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    As far as EQN I hope it's B2P. Becuase of the crowd that F2P can bring I'd like the possibility of having an account banned actually mean something. No offense to those F2P players that are civil but you know the people I speak of...
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

1. We don't know what their payment model will be but given Sony's direction with other MMOs it seems F2P or Freemium is likely.

2. It' summer...not many new games are released and those that have so far have been lackluster outside of some cheap indie titles.

3, Most of anyone who is holding off spending money on gaming here is probably doing so anticipating a Steam summer sale.

poll seems pretty moot.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    M y money is currently going to wh40k minis, and I'm eagerly waiting for the reveal and hoping it is as good as mr bill Murphy claims. But if its mandatory open world pvp, it's an automatic no go for me. Pvp servers? Sure thing. So we'll see what happens, not everyone will be pleased.
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    It's not a money thing since it's going to be F2P, but there really are no good games out IMO. :(
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    It's not like EQN will come out in a month. Even if you wanted to save some money for it, starting now is a bit of an overkill.
  • AticusWellesAticusWelles Member Posts: 152
    Im buying a used PS3 for GTA5 regardless. Of course once Im done with gta I will resell the ps3 and decide from there.

Also buying the walking dead 400 days in the next day or so but thats only 4 bucks on amazon.
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

Oh crap... 

F2P from the start, more than likely.

• DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307

I am expecting a digital collector's edition like Dragon's Prophet had with free house, cool mount, a pet, and the purchase price in SC. The best package was $90 and you got 9000 SC so it is something I will make sure I have the money for. I go as high as $120 for a CE, $150 is kinda high, anyway I am rambling, but there will probably be something to save for.

I will be playing FFXIV if EQN  wont be out this year. Well see in Aug.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Not saving for EQN, if I see something I like I'll buy it. Interested in what they have to say on August 2nd. I hope it's good stuff.
  • XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223

Oh crap... 

Yes, that's how I think it will be as well, but please... lol.... $14.99/month... Don't let it be the game that increases the sub fee... hehe

wut? I've played a lot of MMO's and I can only think of 2 that had a sub fee that wasn't $15.00/month

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276

You will still have to buy the box at least that's how EQ1 and EQ2 are...you have to buy the most recent expansion to experience that content, but the rest if free to play with limitations.  Since the game will be new, that should mean you have to buy that box to play it...once there are expansions you will only have to buy the expansion to get that content but the rest will be free with limitations.

I would love it if they offered premium subscriptions that actually gave you value for the sub price...that is, maybe 29.99/mo subs that give you bucko sony cash points per month plus other non-store bonuses...

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
     The real question here is why even bother if this is F2P?   Just asking.   Just like GW2 , GW1 fans will flock and most likely stay, the same goes for this new EQ , EverQuest Next is pretty original , nothing fancy or anything so +1 on them for that. But besides the name, I don't see anything eye catching that is going to make me stop the MMO I'm currently playing to go play EQN. Sorry to be the obvious troll.  F2P , cash shops , nahhh I'll pass. :) 
  • killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Originally posted by hMJem

Oh crap... 

You out of the loop, sir?

It's going to be completely free to play. Download the game online day 1 and you're good to go. How watered down or hindered you will be if you dont sub or something, no one knows that yet. Maybe August 2nd we'll know those details for sure.

with virtually no information to go on, except old info, i would think it best to hold  strong opinions on ftp, btp,p2p until its revealed, but in the end remember this:

you always get what you pay for.

pay nothing? get nothing

pay something, get something.

pay premium, get premium.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• GholosGholos Member Posts: 209
    I think i ll wait for EQN and i will play GW2 in the meantime...i was interested in TESO too but after some recent news i have heard i think that i will not play it.

"Brute force not work? It because you not use enought of it"
    -Karg, Ogryn Bone'ead.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    What MMO's are coming out between now and August?  None that I know of.  As for single player games, I bought Walking Dead 400 days because I love that company and want to support them.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by superconducting

I chose the save my money option. But it's not so much  about saving my money. It's about saving TIME.

Right now there's just not a whole lot out there that's worth playing. I would be willing to pay through the nose for something that's great and holds my interest.

This^

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche