Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do think the staff here is reacting to our speculations?

azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I just imagine Bill, Garrett and anyone else on the staff here at mmorpg.com are having an extremely fun time reading our back and forth with speculations and wild innuendos.  I do not know how they can control themselves but I envy their position and would love to be In their position lol.  I can imagine them sitting behind their computers rubbing their hands and wanting to scream....no you're wrong or Yes and here is why this will be awesome. image

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Comments

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Maybe we can trick them into a slip up? Lol.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Epicent
    Maybe we can trick them into a slip up? Lol.

Doubtful those guys and gals are a wily bunch.

Anyway I can't wait to read Bill's impressions.  I think it was him who said he had already penned the first column for the game.  August 2nd can't get here soon enough.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

To be honest I never really had wondered about their reactions.   Tho I can see your point when people get an NDA bound presentation...

My thoughts have been more on what the consumer reaction will be when the curtain comes back.   What the interest level in the title will be after the reveal etc   

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

I dont think its their hands their rubbing...

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I just imagine Bill, Garrett and anyone else on the staff here at mmorpg.com are having an extremely fun time reading our back and forth with speculations and wild innuendos.  I do not know how they can control themselves but I envy their position and would love to be In their position lol.  I can imagine them sitting behind their computers rubbing their hands and wanting to scream....no you're wrong or Yes and here is why this will be awesome. image

No different than you and I, what makes them different? 

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

laughing their way to their respective banks.

more hits = happier advertisers = more money for them.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Probobly, watching in amazement as this self generated hype train goes to full speed, out of control, and wondering what the backlash could be if everyone's impossible expectations are not met.
    ^_^

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185
    I'm just incredibly jealous they got to see EQN at E3. They watch people debate in these threads for features even though they know exactly how it's gonna turn out. Must be nice to be god lol
  • TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

I think there was only one staff member here who saw it, and if I recall correctly Bill said that he "saw a lot of grand plans" in addition to whatever else they showed him.   Honestly, IMHO, he lost his credibility in being able to present  non-biased opinions and information in regards to his relations with Dave and the EQ franchise a long time ago.  His opinions don't mean much to me anymore, especially in regards to how they handled the Best of Show award for EQN at E3.  Bill is a business guy with friends over in the SOE camp, and I'm sure they made it worth his while to be part of their marketing plans.

So, back to the OP's question:  I don't really care how Bill is reacting.  I'm sure the desired results have happened (hype and free publicity for EQN), so I'm sure Smed and Dave are pleased.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Telondariel

I think there was only one staff member here who saw it, and if I recall correctly Bill said that he "saw a lot of grand plans" in addition to whatever else they showed him.   

That's not entirely correct.

Bill said "you will all poop your pants"

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

I dont think its their hands their rubbing...

Got the joke but it's your signature that really made me laugh! :P

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Or they might be shaking their heads thinking, "man, there are going to be so many people angry and disappointed once again"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by superconducting

I think there was only one staff member here who saw it, and if I recall correctly Bill said that he "saw a lot of grand plans" in addition to whatever else they showed him.   

Which means what, exactly?  It goes back to my point that he was brought in as a guest by Dave to see..something.. and come back here to give it a favorable report.  Not even favorable, but a glowing, over-the-top Win.  Every single interview Bill has done with Dave is carefully crafted, highly positive, and extremely transparent to anyone that actually plays the games they are discussing.  He could say anything and it still wouldn't carry any weight.  Its like Smed's mindless tweets: designed to start hype.

• AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185

Which means what, exactly?  It goes back to my point that he was brought in as a guest by Dave to see..something.. and come back here to give it a favorable report.  Not even favorable, but a glowing, over-the-top Win.  Every single interview Bill has done with Dave is carefully crafted, highly positive, and extremely transparent to anyone that actually plays the games they are discussing.  He could say anything and it still wouldn't carry any weight.  Its like Smed's mindless tweets: designed to start hype.

If this really is the case and he does have some sort of "in" with SOE, why would he rate Dragon's Prophet, a game under SOE, a 5.3? Maybe it's just a coy to divert us from realizing his grand marketing partnership plans with SOE....lol

I think you're looking into this a bit too much.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Their eye roll and head shaking muscles are getting a good workout...
    Originally posted by Aceshighhhh

If this really is the case and he does have some sort of "in" with SOE, why would he rate Dragon's Prophet, a game under SOE, a 5.3? Maybe it's just a coy to divert us from realizing his grand marketing partnership plans with SOE....lol

I think you're looking into this a bit too much.

I invite you to read the interviews he has done with Dave over the last 3 years.

There isn't anything "too much" about a gaming site writer giving positive reviews for his friends over at corporate.  It happens all the time.  Yes, he has been critical of other games, but heavily biased when it comes to the EQ information.  Its not a conspiracy theory, its a matter of reading and seeing for yourself. 

But, really, it boils down to if you care about one person's point of view or not, and if it matters to you what they think of the musings in this forum.  I don't, and I stated why.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

If they aren't alcoholics by now, they're missing out on a wonderful excuse!

The mods have been doing a good job regulating the forum.  There have been some problems recently, but they appear to have been dealt with.

Good job, mods!

Cheers!

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Haters gonna hate.
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

I think every day for them now is "comedy day".

They're probably having laughs throughout the days... :)

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    We don't know what they saw exactly but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hands on demo and was a controlled  demonstration of select parts with some speech thrown in about their goals etc.I doubt they really know that much more than us practically.Presentations like this are created to get people hyped.