Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Hardware Review] General: V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Review

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

The folks at V-Moda sent us a set of their Crossfade M-100 headphones with a BoomPro microphone for PC use to review, and this is the verdict we've come up with... read on for the full review. 

Sound-wise, the M-100s are a dream.  V-Moda’s 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver (Patent-Pending) does an excellent job of keeping the bass from bleeding into the mid and high levels of music, and these things sound superb when you’re using them with an aurally heavy game like Planetside 2, or even something just plain noisy like Guild Wars 2.  While not quite as immersive as what you’d get from 5.1 or 7.1 headsets, the sound crispness and quality is second to none.  And without the use of a battery for additional processing, the actual soundstage is completely unaltered, giving you the true sound that really shines on high quality recordings and well-done in-game music.

Read Bill Murphy's full V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Review.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I'm confused.. How do i play this thing in a massively multiplayer online setting? What's the gameplay like?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by sumo0
    I'm confused.. How do i play this thing in a massively multiplayer online setting? What's the gameplay like?

You've been here since 2010, you know that they randomly do tech reviews. Now that doesn't mean they don't get paid to do them seeing as every one of them that I have read seems to be overwhelmingly positive.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Just to clarify we don't get paid for any reviews or any content on MMORPG.com.  In the case of a hardware review the reviewer may or may not get to keep the hardware - but no money is EVER exchanged for content or anything other than clearly marked advertisements.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162

I own a set of the V-80 and I will say I love the things. Comfortable and the sound is magnificent. I actually own the "special" True Blood edition of them, same quality.

http://v-moda.com/true-blood-v-80/

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Look nice but that's a lot of dough.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by Oberholzer
    Look nice but that's a lot of dough.

Yeah after the review I went and looked them up because they seemed relatively solid looking, yeah $300 price tag, no thanks.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    You can buy the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro for a lot less.
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    I need to become reviewer....very nice.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• fourbladesfourblades Member Posts: 1
    You might see them (or very close model by V-Moda) go on sale at Amazon or Newegg at $80, when they do, they are so worth it.