Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i just downloaded rift, decided to check it out.

ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

Comments

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

game is indeed fun. you wont regret your decision to play RIFT.

imo is maybe the top choice in the current mmo market, considering also its excellent f2p model.

• CalmmoCalmmo Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Aroukos

imo is maybe the top choice in the current mmo market, considering also its excellent f2p model.

good f2p model, but a worse game since f2p nonetheless :) Inevitable i suppose. F2P is their chance to grab what little they can from gullible newbies before Wild/TES/EQnxt, good for them i guess, they've been in deep financial trouble this past year with that Strategy game failing after pumping so much money into it (all pretty much of the games original (rift) devs having been fired already)

Oh well it was a good run, rift was the last bastion of decent raiding~ All the top end raid guilds have already moved on and are waiting to see if wildstar will manage to slot it self into that position like their PR claims they are planning on doing.

• Stryx74Stryx74 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Calmmo
    Originally posted by Aroukos

good f2p model, but a worse game since f2p nonetheless :) Inevitable i suppose. F2P is their chance to grab what little they can from gullible newbies before Wild/TES/EQnxt, good for them i guess, they've been in deep financial trouble this past year with that Strategy game failing after pumping so much money into it (all pretty much of the games original (rift) devs having been fired already)

Oh well it was a good run, rift was the last bastion of decent raiding~ All the top end raid guilds have already moved on and are waiting to see if wildstar will manage to slot it self into that position like their PR claims they are planning on doing.

I haven't played in awhile and was thinking about installing again. How has f2p made it a worse game?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by ellobo29
    I joined the pvp server, how does the pvp server work? is it open world pvp or instanced? factions? 

I leveled on a PVP server in Rift as well.

It's basically like this:

Yes: I wish to be ganked while leveling.

No: I do not wish to be ganked while leveling.