Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay out of this game

shadowpowashadowpowa Member UncommonPosts: 24

stay out of this game. 

first of all max level is 60 which takes about a week to get.

there is no endgame besides running the same instance dungeon to get blue set gear which is like 5% better than normal gear. 

there is no way to earn money when you hit the cap, main source of gold was so far quests so gold wont drop from mobs or any dungeon run, also the weapons you get in the dungeon are bounded so you cannot sell them so people find them self loosing money at top lvl. 

there is a big unbalanced between ranged and melee classes, the hardest mode in a dungeon is survival which every hit is critical means you die in 1 hit and you get my point where the unbalancing mixing here. 

farther more there are classes that can solo easily every hard (5man) dungeon solo while others cant kill a single mob. 

pvp is none existing, dueling is bugged, several skills make you stuck and you cannot react to your oponent all the fight. 

the attributes are totaly messed up, this game is about taming and training dragons, to have the best dragons in game atm you need to invest fully into charsima + dragon potion which is a cash shop item investing mainly in other attributes means you give up on your dragons and will make you gimped, unless you are one of those that will spend rl money for respec later on. 

game is still very bugy in it self, loads of bugs and AI problems. 

next patch in the end of the months offers 10 more lvls which means 3 more days of play and again no endgame. 

the community in this game decreased, servers are dying and empty, my server had 8 channels now it has 1 or 2 on some zones and it still very empty, you might log in without seen a single guy the all day. 

this game is unfinished and lacks everything that determinates a mmo - more like a pre alpha and not a beta, stay out of it until it gets to its final stages which might take few years as it seem now. 

Comments

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    after that fake wizardry i never did expect SOE to do worse

hallo ~_~

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by shadowpowa

determinates 

My favorite part of the post.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I've heard 90% terrible things about this game even before your post, so don't worry, I had already decided to stay out a long time ago.
  • Originally posted by shadowpowa

stay out of this game. 

there is no endgame besides running the same instance dungeon to get blue set gear which is like 5% better than normal gear. 

there is no way to earn money when you hit the cap, main source of gold was so far quests so gold wont drop from mobs or any dungeon run, also the weapons you get in the dungeon are bounded so you cannot sell them so people find them self loosing money at top lvl. 

there is a big unbalanced between ranged and melee classes, the hardest mode in a dungeon is survival which every hit is critical means you die in 1 hit and you get my point where the unbalancing mixing here. 

farther more there are classes that can solo easily every hard (5man) dungeon solo while others cant kill a single mob. 

pvp is none existing, dueling is bugged, several skills make you stuck and you cannot react to your oponent all the fight. 

the attributes are totaly messed up, this game is about taming and training dragons, to have the best dragons in game atm you need to invest fully into charsima + dragon potion which is a cash shop item investing mainly in other attributes means you give up on your dragons and will make you gimped, unless you are one of those that will spend rl money for respec later on. 

next patch in the end of the months offers 10 more lvls which means 3 more days of play and again no endgame. 

the community in this game decreased, servers are dying and empty, my server had 8 channels now it has 1 or 2 on some zones and it still very empty, you might log in without seen a single guy the all day. 

this game is unfinished and lacks everything that determinates a mmo - more like a pre alpha and not a beta, stay out of it until it gets to its final stages which might take few years as it seem now. 

Should have stopped reading when you said you reached the max level in a week. 

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by rommello

SOE didn't make wizardry or this game, they are simply hosting the games (publishing)

with that said, im not sure why people expected the developers of runes of magic to all of a sudden have an awesome game.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

to be honest its still beta, give it abit of a chance yeah

all your posts are from closed beta also so...

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by A1D3N

"B-but guuuys! It's still in b-b-beta!"

This has been used so many times in the last 6-7 years it's not even funny anymore. You would be hard pressed to find a single instance where a game drastically improved from it's dismal CBT/OBT phases. Half the time these betas are more for marketing than actual testing anyways and the devs have no intentions of making any major changes/fixes.

Sure the devs of Dragon's Prophet can do some rebalancing and fix some attribute things, but from the other posts I have read about this game it is just a poorly made game, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Not to mention it's another F2P/Freemium/CHECK-OUT-THE-FAT-LOOTS-IN-DA-CASH-SHOP!! game. (We don't need more of this crap)

Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Dr_Shivinski

This has been used so many times in the last 6-7 years it's not even funny anymore. You would be hard pressed to find a single instance where a game drastically improved from it's dismal CBT/OBT phases. Half the time these betas are more for marketing than actual testing anyways and the devs have no intentions of making any major changes/fixes.

Sure the devs of Dragon's Prophet can do some rebalancing and fix some attribute things, but from the other posts I have read about this game it is just a poorly made game, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Not to mention it's another F2P/Freemium/CHECK-OUT-THE-FAT-LOOTS-IN-DA-CASH-SHOP!! game. (We don't need more of this crap)

LOL no loots in the item shop and I like how everyone's opinion makes up your mind on games. If I did that I wouldn't play videos game since someone always hates something about every game.

And I am sure that when you play Dragon's Prophet your opinion will be that is the savior of the MMO genre. The champion of all "Free to Play, Pay to have Fun!" MMOs. 

Please don't try to white knight for this game, most of us with a brain in our head know what it is. More spurned out garbage from the same freemium company that brought us that "treasured jewel" Runes of Magic. Dragon's Prophet will be no better or worse than any of its contemporaries. 

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by Dr_Shivinski

I think you underestimate it by about 40%,  at least 90% of Beta's are for marketing, now the "new" Beta standard is becoming 'No Server Wipes" and even though it's not real yet, it's only Beta please feel free to spend real money in our store.

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

When I first purchased my founder's pack, I was under the impression that the game wouldn't even be considered for open beta until the end of the year.  A month later Sony announces the beginning of open beta, despite the protests of a good sized chunk of the community who realized that this game needed more time in the oven, so to speak.

Needless to say, I'm a bit pissed about that. I'd have never purchased a founder's pack if I knew OB was so close. I could've put that money into something worthwhile, such as a Warframe founder's pack...

I would recommend waiting a year or so before checking the game out. It needs a ton of work done, and it's going to be a while. The potential to be a good game is certainly there, despite Sony's obvious lack of competent management.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

Originally posted by InsaneDalek

When I first purchased my founder's pack, I was under the impression that the game wouldn't even be considered for open beta until the end of the year.  A month later Sony announces the beginning of open beta, despite the protests of a good sized chunk of the community who realized that this game needed more time in the oven, so to speak.

Needless to say, I'm a bit pissed about that. I'd have never purchased a founder's pack if I knew OB was so close. I could've put that money into something worthwhile, such as a Warframe founder's pack...

I would recommend waiting a year or so before checking the game out. It needs a ton of work done, and it's going to be a while. The potential to be a good game is certainly there, despite Sony's obvious lack of competent management.

People really need to stop purchasing these. Pre-orders are already sketchy enough as is, but atleast they are not available until around the end of closed beta for most games. These founder's packs are shamtastic though. Look at Mech Warrior Online. When they started asking people to purchase founders packs it was shaping up to be a pretty great game. True to the Battletech Universe in most ways. Shortly after people dropped hundreds of dollars on these founder's packs Piranha Games started showing it's true Pay to Win ways with the inclusion of Cash Shop Mechs that were incredibly more powerful than their equivalent frames. They still maintain that the game is in Beta and yet they are selling everything they can to people. 

If people could stop fanboying/hypetraining these games and companies, and wait to see what they are actually going to develop then maybe this would happen less. People would say "Hey this is a really stupid fucking game, I'm not giving you my money." instead of "Hey this turned out to be a really stupid game! How do I get a refund?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO REFUND?!" And then they rage and defend these shit games because of their "Buyer's Remorse" 

I know plenty of folks who have done this and I have done it myself on more than one occasion. Brink, Guild Wars 2...etc.

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

yea bad game :( the taming the dragons is a nice twist but thats about the only praise i can give this game. it just looks and plays...cheap. developers release games either when they're finish or when they're out of money. this game needs an assload of polishing and its a bad enough game that i doubt they'd make enough money to do it. 

dead in the water.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    Was a bit disapointed in it too. Doesn't seemed finished. I saw only 1 guy throughout the  whole 3 hours I tried it and only 2 lines of chinese in public chat.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    So what's the good in the game?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• shadowpowashadowpowa Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

well the game has some nice fighting system which is pretty cool, combo's and such.

when you first start playing all seem very nice, the combat, the friendly mastery three the nice graphics. 

game seem very stable at most (mainly du to unpopulated servers)

first when you start playing you feel like there is some kind of magic in this game but when you hit the cap and as you figure and learn more about this game you just get pissed for playing and spending some time on this game as besides having good combat system. good graphics and friendly systems both in crafting and and choosing your skills and masterys it lacks everything else. major things like endgame, pvp, gold, forced to pick one attribute on another if you want to tame dragons, bugged dueling system, no teaming up benefits, empty servers, bad guild system and much more. 

i'm not a big mmorpg poster as you can see i've this account for awhile and i've only 20 comments which i cant seem to remember how and when. but this game just disspointed me so badly that i had to say something about it. mainly becouse i had really good hopes for this game during my play time, there was some kind of magic and loads of fun playing it but you cannot imagine how much i got pissed when learning and finding all this flaws... took me 4 days to quit after hitting the cap as i had practicly nothing.. and i mean nothing to do besides talking with guild mates and running around climbing mountains to see how high i can get.. lol

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

• A different take on roles in combat, with dragons being an integral part of how your character's abilities and role are defined.
    • Dragon taming and lair allows players to train, level up and customize dragons to fit their playstyle.
    • Gathering and skill gain for dragons is passive, freeing up the player to engage in more entertaining gameplay.
    • Riding dragons and flying around the the game world.
    • The bosses in the dungeons are fun to battle.
    • Armor and weapons have both dynamic stats and various ways to augment them to add or increase stats.
    • Similar to Puzzle Pirates, the housing islands can be conquered and controlled by guilds . 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by rommello

It's a good job SOE didn't develop this game then isn't it.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

stay out of this game. 

YOu basically described the problems with every MMO that has been release in the past 14 years. wow way to expect that this game would be any different.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

it's a free game, does not cost anyone anything to play it unless they want to pay, yet once again here we see people bashing it yet they have not even downloaded the game let alone log in to try it out and give a Valid reason why people should not play it.

I really don't understand the nerve of some people feeling they have the right to bash or give negative responses to something they have not participated in.

Sure the game has bugs and issues but like i said it is a free to play game, i have not paid a cent since i played and have had fun, i don't care about having the best dragon in the game, who gives a shit about a pixelated dragon lol ( i know some do, but i do not) so therefore i will not post on here about how horrible some certain aspect is because you know why?  am allowed to play it free of charge, who am i to whine and complain about a game i have no intention on investing in.

If you are investing in this game then sure have a whinge but also remember how long the game has been live and allow some time for things to be fixed or changed and if it doesn't get fixed or changed then suck it up and move on and invest your time and money elsewhere.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • alexnobalexnob Member Posts: 3

stay out of this game. 

Hey guy, you get max level just within 1 week?? How hard the game is ^^. Actually, I've never played this game before, just read your post because of curiosity, however, it seems to be a bad game ever.

Thanks for your warning!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407

F2P with a cash shop...

....enough said.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.