Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good description of character development in ESO (video)

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Mostly just 2 guys talking with standard ESO cinematic footage playing but a very good video nevertheless. Worth watching if you're interested in finding out about how you custom build your characters by mixing and matching abilities.

About 25 minutes long so grab a drink and have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSxWEh-4FBg#at=11

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Pretty boring vid imo and just goes to show how lack the devs are for this game, fans have to rely on themselves to make these vids.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Pretty boring vid imo and just goes to show how lack the devs are for this game, fans have to rely on themselves to make these vids.

Right. Unlike EQ Next where the devs say nothing and you guys cream all over yourselves with your wild speculation. At least there's something real to discuss here.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Iselin

Right. Unlike EQ Next where the devs say nothing and you guys cream all over yourselves with your wild speculation. At least there's something real to discuss here.

Methinks you doth protest too much.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    interesting video. i like it.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Though I agree it wasn't the most exciting vid since I was aware of everything in it, I dont even know why you bother coming to this forum because you continuously draw conclusions in every post for a game almost a year from release while ignoring the information that has been released and the general feel from almost EVERYONE who tried at E3 that this feels like Elder Scrolls...most of which came away with a postiive impression. Did you think that maybe you aren't an Elder Scrolls kind of guy?

Try to remember that not everyone has the same level of knowledge about this game so to others who don't the video is a good recap.

There Is Always Hope!

Ah but EQN hasn't shown us anything, i have seen of TESO is pretty poor. SOE will get the same response if what they show us on 2/8/13 isn't up to par.

Again, pretty boring vid, perhaps you can write to ZeniMax and ask them why you have to rely on second rate fan vids, wait i'll be at GameCom and i'll ask them on your behalf.

I'll even get to play the game, no doubt it will be what we have already seen.

Originally posted by keithian

I dont even know why you bother coming to this forum because you continuously draw conclusions in every post for a game almost a year from release while ignoring the information that has been released and the general feel from  Did you think that maybe you aren't an Elder Scrolls kind of guy?

Lol, am i an Elder Scrolls guy, ermm i have every single TES game ever made from Arena which i bought the year it was released to Skyrim. On top of that i have The Infernal City, Lord Of Souls, how about you, are you as much as an Elder Scrolls guy as me, i doubt it.

And as for me continuously coming to this forum, well before today it was 14 days ago.

Nice try though.

Ah but EQN hasn't shown us anything.

Exactly....and you love every minute of not knowing a damn thing and imagining what it might be.

But you don't have long to wait before the BIG REVEAL... which will provide all the fuel needed for those who like to troll forums of games they don't like...you know the type, eh?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Thanks for sharing this, Iselin :)

This sounds actually really cool. (You can pick up your jaw now :) )

I think as long as I look at this as an MMO, not an Elder Scrolls game, it looks better to me. My jury is still out, but this perked me up a bit :)

Thanks again.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Thanks for sharing this, Iselin :)

This sounds actually really cool. (You can pick up your jaw now :) )

I think as long as I look at this as an MMO, not an Elder Scrolls game, it looks better to me. My jury is still out, but this perked me up a bit :)

Thanks again.

I think it will still feel like an Elder Scrolls game, with some subtractions due to the nature of it being online. Again, I'm only basing this on what others have said at E3 or leaked beta Q&As. For the PVE portion, I'm looking at it as my first chance to do multiplayer in an ESO world since the multiplayer mod in Skyrim was so poorly executed. The PVP will hopefully feel more MMOish since they claim at least 200 will be on the screen at the same time with a 1000+ on the map in one instance. I haven't seen much about how they socially will bring people together and my only hope is that it doesn't feel like TOR with the Space Station being the hub which was in its own instance.

There Is Always Hope!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I wish I could wear such a hood! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Radagast Avatar is cool; he reminds me of what a true wild man daoist would be living in the wild whilst communal living with the animals within natures womb

Very cool video and I got alot from it actually; The future of MMORPGs should have real time combat and a limited amount of slotted skills on your controller or keyboard/mouse.

Its so easy to come to forums with your opinions and post negative comments, though its much harder to actually keep an open mind until all the evidence is on the table, so to speak. I am going to wait until everything is presented and being a fan of the Elder Scrolls I forsee my son and I having alot of fun with ESO.

Thanks again for the link and ya'll need to remember we are at least 9 months from release date so alot is up in the air until then.

As far as the EQN reference; I am awaiting SOE Live and it will be interesting to see what is shown. If they don't have some form of real time combat its not going to be as appealing to me as I am hoping it will be. Everquest was my first love as far as MMORPGs go. I really hope SOE brings it like they are saying...alot of hype going around.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    From the beginning the customization, is what I've had my eye on. I think the combat plus character development could be pretty good.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by keithian

I dont even know why you bother coming to this forum because you continuously draw conclusions in every post for a game almost a year from release while ignoring the information that has been released and the general feel from  Did you think that maybe you aren't an Elder Scrolls kind of guy?

Lol, am i an Elder Scrolls guy, ermm i have every single TES game ever made from Arena which i bought the year it was released to Skyrim. On top of that i have The Infernal City, Lord Of Souls, how about you, are you as much as an Elder Scrolls guy as me, i doubt it.

And as for me continuously coming to this forum, well before today it was 14 days ago.

Nice try though.

In all honesty, even if you do own all those games, it really doesn't prove anything. A good example would be someone owning all the lord of the rings movies and games. You would assume they are a major fan, you later find out, they are not. They simply enjoyed the movies, and they enjoyed the games a bit. Ask them a question about something specific and they may not know the answer because they are not actual fan.

Someone can easily own all the TES games, and not know jack about it and it's lore. It also doesn't count as some form of evidence as to who is a greater fan. Nor evidence that your opinion  even matters at all.

Actually, by you pointing out all the games you own of TES, it means you are trying to reassure yourself that you are correct, which means you have doubts, and you very well may end up liking the game. Trying to convince yourself the game MUST be bad.

Course, most of my post was just non sense lol. Feel free to ignore it.

Originally posted by Kuanshu

As far as the EQN reference; I am awaiting SOE Live and it will be interesting to see what is shown. If they don't have some form of real time combat its not going to be as appealing to me as I am hoping it will be. Everquest was my first love as far as MMORPGs go. I really hope SOE brings it like they are saying...alot of hype going around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also excited and looking forward to EQ Next Reveal (in 3 weeks!) I guess I'm a ploygamerist. I don't have any problem liking several MMos and I don't feel compelled to choose and then go bash the ones that aren't my chosen one. I actually have a hard time understanding why anyone would, or even why anyone would waste time in forum for a game they don't like.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Kuanshu

Don't get me wrong, I'm also excited and looking forward to EQ Next Reveal (in 3 weeks!) I guess I'm a ploygamerist. I don't have any problem liking several MMos and I don't feel compelled to choose and then go bash the ones that aren't my chosen one. I actually have a hard time understanding why anyone would, or even why anyone would waste time in forum for a game they don't like.

I never understand either. I think its a sick obsession. I posted in the Neverwinter forums once or twice my final opinion after trying the game and I haven't been back to those forums since because I'm not interested in it.

There Is Always Hope!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

I bet everquest next reveal more than teso has come august. The Teso devs have no backbone and cannot stick to their original plan, they hear people whining about the game and the change it to try appease them. This game looks awful, the animations and combat are awful. They are trying to make everyone happy but they'll end up making nobody happy.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

I bet everquest next reveal more than teso has come august. The Teso devs have no backbone and cannot stick to their original plan, they hear people whining about the game and the change it to try appease them. This game looks awful, the animations and combat are awful. They are trying to make everyone happy but they'll end up making nobody happy.

Pretty much this.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Teso has been at two major video games expo's and not let any video footage be seen of the game, that is a big red flag for me. We still see the same rehashed video from 6 months ago. They keep telling everyone how the beta version is way ahead of the version the public has seen yet they keep showing the crappy version.  The combat looks jerky and stiff and they delayed the game because in it's current state it's an abomination. And yes i have played it.
    Teso has been at two major video games expo's and not let any video footage be seen of the game, that is a big red flag for me. We still see the same rehashed video from 6 months ago. They keep telling everyone how the beta version is way ahead of the version the public has seen yet they keep showing the crappy version.  The combat looks jerky and stiff and they delayed the game because in it's current state it's an abomination. And yes i have played it.

As have thousands of us but only 1 or 2 are throwing "abomination" around. You must be a fun guy to be around during the afternoon rush hour. image

Game ain't done yet. When it is and I play the release version, I'll judge. Until then all we have are a few details and the overblown melodrama from some. I think I'll just wait.

But if you'd rather rant, here's a handy list of topics for you:

"Some DAoC developer has-been done stole the IP and is perverting it"

"It's nothing like a TES single player game / there's no PvP in TES"

"It's too much single player TES and not enough MMO"

"They broke the lore, ma!"

"I can't play nice with everyone and then bash their heads in in Cyrodiil? WTF?!"

"It's dumbed down for consoles"

"It's not FFA open world PVP? I'll pass."

"Instancing? really?"

"no raids? WTF?!"

"Just another WOW clone"

"Just another SWTOR clone"

"Just another DAoC clone"

My apologies to anyone whose favorite rant I missed. I meant nothing by it.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Curious how someone plays the game thats being released Spring 2014. Beta testing is one thing and its in late alpha early beta testing phase if anything within a rigid NDA. I can see someones beta invite being declined if they are testing the current build whilst going round breakin the NDA (Mentioned in the aforementioned post within the quote)

Thanks for the rest of the post it was pretty funny...you should keep it somewhere add to it and copy/paste when it comes in handy LOL

• jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142

I agree.  I have footage of the game, and its not that grand.  Now the devs come out and tell us its not even a real MMO.  Ahh, what?!?  You said from the beginning it wasn't skyrim online, and now it is skyrim online.  DAFUQ?

Wildstar is 10x the game TESO will ever be. 

Originally posted by jimprouner

I agree.  I have footage of the game, and its not that grand.  Now the devs come out and tell us its not even a real MMO.  Ahh, what?!?  You said from the beginning it wasn't skyrim online, and now it is skyrim online.  DAFUQ?

Wildstar is 10x the game TESO will ever be. 

Wildstar...rofl. Thanks for sharing. At least now we know what quality means to you... WOW in space...got it.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142

Wildstar...rofl. Thanks for sharing. At least now we know what quality means to you... WOW in space...got it.

WoW is only the best MMO in history.  So, I don't take that as an insult. 

If you think ESO is anything more than a box full of gimmicks, then I think that speaks far more about you than WoW/WS does about me.

Wildstar is so cartoony and far out it just doesn't give me any sort of reason to want to play alongside space cadets in some wierd fantasy world involving sci fi and medieval twisted mix that is simply bizarre to me...look at how exaggerated the moves are...its too wild for me...just sayin

WoW isn't the best MMO in history it was simply timed well for its release and no other MMORPG could rock the boat so to speak to steal away the fanbase that was somehow hooked for so many years as WoW kept adding different types of PvE raid content and PvP content strategically rather well and now I hardly recall playing it...odd. Ya its high time we put WoW in the past where it belongs...as I have fonder memories of many other MMORPGs for some odd reason I just can't figure as to why...maybe it wasn't very immersive to me or something. They just kept changing to much too often and everything was ruined after vanilla WoW in my opinion.

Archeage Online looks pretty interesting and we shall see how it turns out....not one of the ones I am following however

Never liked the final fantasy series in any way, from the beginning...not into anime at all

EQN has me very interested as my first MMORPG love was Everquest and they are sure hyping EQN up and its won E3 awards whilst in the biggest black box I have ever witnessed. SOE live is the first week of August and everything will be out of the box and that is when I will decide if its the next MMORPG I will be playing or not. Heres hoping its on Playstation 4

I figure the main reason I am hoping Elder Scrolls Online does well is cuz the Elder Scrolls were the only single player games I could actually play and enjoy since participating in Everquest back in 1999. Seems like alot of misinformation and disinformation is going around with ESO and considering its been pushed back I will most likely check out to see what transpires in the coming months as we all shall see, won't we...