Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape: Runescape 3: Release Date Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of the Runescape series will be happy to hear that Runescape 3 will be released on July 22nd. Runescape 3 takes advantage of the HTML 5 technology and will be playable from browsers. Once the game launches, player decisions in-game will affect the direction development will follow after.

The launch of RuneScape 3 will also see player decisions directly shaping the future of Gielinor, its inhabitants and scenery for the very first time. It will also marking the beginning of RuneScape’s inaugural community-focused world event, The Battle for Lumbridge. In addition to the technological leap RuneScape 3 sees the world of Gielinor enter the 6th Age, a significant new milestone in RuneScape’s vast heritage, as the gods of RuneScape return to re-exert their authority.

Find out more on the Runescape site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I shit my pants
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

I hate to say it, but this game looks more interesting than anything out right now or the piles of poop coming at us in the next six months.

Guess I'll be giving it a try.

• MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96
    oy, I never could stand the runescape series, however that screen shot does make the game seem a little more appealing. It was always the flat world that turned me off from the original. The content and crafting I do know runsescape is far ahead of others on. If they managed to keep that and gave us a more 3d realistic world. This may just set a new standard.

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by topographic

I hate to say it, but this game looks more interesting than anything out right now or the piles of poop coming at us in the next six months.

Originally posted by apb2011
    I shit my pants

@topographic: I don't think it's developers or the game industry that is sending piles of poop your way...

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

It's hard to imagine this is the same game I played so many years ago. I'll give it a go when it launches this update, to see what I can actually still recognize.

It's just not a game I can actually properly play any longer, as the age of the target audience is well past mine today.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Yavin_Prime
    Originally posted by topographic

Originally posted by apb2011
    I shit my pants

@topographic: I don't think it's developers or the game industry that is sending piles of poop your way...

I'm quite certain it is.

It's unfortunate you have such low standards.