Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any decent class/build for 1v1?

evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

Gone back to gw2 after a long break, tried a scepter/dagger air/crit build ele, damage was ok but realised that it dies too fast.. The moment i cleaned 3 conditions... another 5 condition gets reapplied... lol..

So any suggestions for decent class/build for 1v1.. feel free to post the optimum rune used for 1v1 too.. ty!

Comments

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by ellobo29
    I WILL NOT TELL MY SECRETS TOO YOU!!!!

rofl

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

1v1? I would recommend a Mace+Shield/Rifle Warrior.

You will have 2 blocks, constant weakness application (which will lower opponent damage output), and and 3 CC

For utility, I would recommend taking a stun breaker (Shake it Off is excellent). If you want to use Soldier runes, you can take For Great Justice and On My Mark! so that you have more utility and remove conditions for every shout you use. I personally use two shouts and then Feel No Pain as my "Oh S**t!!" button.

Keep in mind, you don't need to remove EVERY condition. Knowing what to remove and what to bear with is important.

Now, if you want to be an jerk, you can also try a dagger+dagger OR a sword+dagger thief.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

I haven't played since the latest patch, but Phantasm Mesmer and BM Ranger were both incredibly strong 1vX. D/D Ele is also a very strong roamer. 

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    thanx for the input guys, will try it out! :)