Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of the Avatar: Exclusive Interview with Richard Garriott Tonight

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Rob will be talking with Richard Garriott tonight at 9:30pm ET, 6:30pm PT about Shroud of the Avatar's progress, its recent stretch goals on Kickstarter, and the over design philosophy of the game as both an MMO and single-player RPG. Be sure to join us in our MMORPG.com Live Stream channel for this special event.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    The game graphics look like they'd fit it nicely 10 years ago. The game is not backed by Big Money, and it clearly shows.
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Yeah sad to say but I too am having a hard time getting past the graphics as shallow as that sounds.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Well, it IS a prototype, so hopefully Richard will have some good news on the visuals-front this evening.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i am very interested in playing this real role playing game but it must look good not just be intelligent.
  • MazhurgMazhurg Member CommonPosts: 5

Seriously? Eyecandy over gameplay? .... disapointed. You know what made the classics last and entice people so much? It sure wasn't the graphics...

In any case, the graphics shown so far are placeholders, not really a representation of the final product.

• Hausakluif_MMHausakluif_MM Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Portalarium has stated that the graphics shown above are the placeholder / stock graphics that they are using to test the game system. These are NOT the graphics that will be released when the game is complete. 

• stormshadowistormshadowi Member Posts: 2
    Richard... I retract my harsh worded post, because I did not realize it was NCSoft's doing of what happened with Tabula Rasa... That said, I will give you another chance... I hated that Tabula Rasa did not follow in the same amazing content footsteps of Ultima Online *of which I began playing during beta, and is to this day my favorite MMORPG game to date.  I am moving back to Austin at the end of this month, and was there during the NCSoft days, working right down the street from the office there.
  • stormshadowistormshadowi Member Posts: 2

@Richard Garriott... I retract my harsh worded post, because I did not realize it was NCSoft's doing of what happened with Tabula Rasa... That said, I will give you another chance... I hated that Tabula Rasa did not follow in the same amazing content footsteps of Ultima Online *of which I began playing during beta, and is to this day my favorite MMORPG game to date.  I am moving back to Austin at the end of this month, and was there during the NCSoft days, working right down the street from the office there.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    The game graphics look like they'd fit it nicely 10 years ago. The game is not backed by Big Money, and it clearly shows.

Most RG games don't need fancy graphics. That's what companies like Trion and Funcom do to try and hide their craptastic gameplay from gullible MMO players.