Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The info about enhancements is certainly intriguing.  Also like the new look.

Looking forward to it!

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Looks like these are the patch notes that the update was referring to:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-1-73-01-17.89459/#post-1534086

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

I was excited about this game for all of a minute until I went on to the forums and first post I read was this:   "  Mortal Online is a griefer's paradise. The developers don't seem to care about addressing this issue. It is hard for new players to get into the game.": 

And I'm gone. 

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    got a email from mortal online telling me a new patch fixed most of the bugs. Is this true?  I understand the game is a greifer's paradise but I want to know if the bugs and exploits have been fixed.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by flizzer

I was excited about this game for all of a minute until I went on to the forums and first post I read was this:   "  Mortal Online is a griefer's paradise. The developers don't seem to care about addressing this issue. It is hard for new players to get into the game.": 

And I'm gone. 

Griefer paradise means that you must join a clan in order to survive, but a solo anti social player like you shouldnt play a real sandbox mmo anyway. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

And I'm gone. 

Griefer paradise means that you must join a clan in order to survive, but a solo anti social player like you shouldnt play a real sandbox mmo anyway. 

You might want to look up the difference between "asocial" and "antisocial". Nevertheless, MMOs should support solo gameplay. They were never meant to force you  into joining a guild to be able to play, MMOs are there to interact and play with others when you want to, instead of NPCs. 

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i like how you have to have an mo forum acconut in order to even view the images on their news posts. its like they really dont want this game to succeed.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Toferio

And I'm gone. 

You might want to look up the difference between "asocial" and "antisocial". Nevertheless, MMOs should support solo gameplay. They were never meant to force you  into joining a guild to be able to play, MMOs are there to interact and play with others when you want to, instead of NPCs. 

You have to be a sandbox player to understand what i meant too.

In the game, true we act like antisocials, but MO is a game. If you're logic is true, every single online game is anti social which is highly ironical.

By anti social, i'm talking about players who wish to play MO solo from the start to the end. Wow is my first mmorpg and i soloed wow from the start to the end of burning crusade. Joining a group just to complete a dungeon won't automatically make you social since you don't have to be friend with them, you just have to use them to finish the dungoen. 

In MO or any other sandbox mmorpg, you have to build trust. You have to join the clan's mumble, ventrilo or team speak for that. Every single clans in these type of games will ask you to buy a mic in order to socialize. Most nerds are scared of spreading their voice to other nerds or maybe, they don't want their parents to hear them.

With that being said, you survive in MO if you're social. You can't solo for too long outside the safezone cuz dying has meaning. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

And I'm gone. 

You have to be a sandbox player to understand what i meant too.

In the game, true we act like antisocials, but MO is a game. If you're logic is true, every single online game is anti social which is highly ironical.

By anti social, i'm talking about players who wish to play MO solo from the start to the end. Wow is my first mmorpg and i soloed wow from the start to the end of burning crusade. Joining a group just to complete a dungeon won't automatically make you social since you don't have to be friend with them, you just have to use them to finish the dungoen. 

In MO or any other sandbox mmorpg, you have to build trust. You have to join the clan's mumble, ventrilo or team speak for that. Every single clans in these type of games will ask you to buy a mic in order to socialize. Most nerds are scared of spreading their voice to other nerds or maybe, they don't want their parents to hear them.

With that being said, you survive in MO if you're social. You can't solo for too long outside the safezone cuz dying has meaning. 

Once again, I would suggest looking up the difference between 'anti social' and 'asocial'. Just a tip regarding English language, but that's besides the point. A good sandbox should not force players to join a guild just to be able to play the game, it's a sandbox after all. What if I want to be a lone ranger, a trader or a thief? 

The only reason you can't solo for too long is not because dying has a meaning, but because there is no real penalty to being a dick. So as soon as you are outside town and don't have a guild tag, you are viewed as a free loot piñata for all roaming players. They lose nothing by killing you. Sure, they become red, so what? Those players are from self-supplied guilds and couldn't care less about being red. 

I also disagree that the point of MMORPGs is enforcing social behavior. Sure, it is a very cool bonus, but imho MMORPGs main point is human behavior, which is hundreds time more challenging to play with than NPC. I play MMORPGs to enjoy a more realistic world, where other players create all sorts of events and situations, if I want to be social I go outside. 

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    I agree with Toferio here; being forced to join a guild in order to survive is not very sandboxy. An open-ended game should support multiple play styles and while guilds ofc dominate the game world, solo players and small bands of friends should be able to thrive in their own ways, too.

But it's beside the point. MO's griefer issues are not due to people being anti social and trying to solo 100% of the time, but to broken game mechanics. The game basically encourages griefing and does nothing to deter people from behaving like retarded, trolling mass murderers, which ofc leads to a very unwelcoming environment for new players, who are already struggling with MO's countless bugs and stability issues.

Telling these new players to join a clan or gtfo won't solve this issue at all. Actually I'd say the attitude displayed by the remaining community is part of the problem here.
    Originally posted by Robokapp

And I'm gone. 

since when.

Since always. I don't play MMORPGs for the guilds, I do it to play in a living, breathing world full of other players and unpredicted events instead of scripted NPC. It's weird to state that MMORPGs are about guilds. 

Originally posted by Robokapp

so how do you know that they were never meant to force you into joining guilds ? 

is this one of those cases where if you wish it really hard it comes true ? Or do you have some actual proof for your claims ?

because I am yet to see a succesful MMO that encourages soloplay over group play. and pugging over organized groups.

You are trying to pile everything together. "Encouraging group play" is not same thing as "forcing guilds", group play can exist outside guilds and does not require them. I don't mind MMORPGs encouraging group play, I expect that. But only MO forces guilds to such extreme extent that they are more or less a must, as mentioned by players above, to even play the game. 

Take any modern mmorpg, I can play them just fine without being in the guild by joining occasional groups for group content. I do not have to be part of a guild just to be able to walk out of town without being killed.