Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: Gameplay Spotlighted in New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Destiny team has released a brand new trailer to show off some epic game play from the forthcoming game. The footage was taken during a demo session and gives fans a walkthrough of the content.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Same old E3 gameplay trailer from 'way back', with new voice-overs.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Same old E3 gameplay trailer from 'way back', with new voice-overs.

It was a different play session with different people playing during a different part of E3.  You think the people playing the game holding the controllers are "voice overs"?  lol

Anyways, looking forward to competitive multiplayer information and hearing more of that Marty Music!

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

I think he was more referring to the fact its the same content from E3.

Think they added a boss fight at the end though? Nothing really all that exciting.

I don't see what the excitement is all about other then a company named attached to it. Which I have been screwwed way to many times to buy a crappy game from a company I "trusted."

In short.

Show me something new. So many FPS out there, what makes this one different again?

We got Borderlands 2, CoD, Halo. Jeezus the list goes on and on.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• thrixxthrixx Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by MondoA2J

Think they added a boss fight at the end though? Nothing really all that exciting.

I don't see what the excitement is all about other then a company named attached to it. Which I have been screwwed way to many times to buy a crappy game from a company I "trusted."

In short.

Show me something new. So many FPS out there, what makes this one different again?

I agree. Just because bungie made halo, doesnt mean they will dominate every game they make. The game looks fun, but whats gonna make me keep coming back? Looks just like any other run and gun game, if I wanted that I would play borderlands, or cod....

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

In short.Show me something new. So many FPS out there, what makes this one different again?We got Borderlands 2, CoD, Halo. Jeezus the list goes on and on.  

What makes Destiny different is that it combines Halo and Borderlands 2.

If this wasnt made by Bungie it wouldnt be getting anywhere near as much attention or praise.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

In short.

its the exact preview from E3 only with the girl playing the hunter this time and its the same bosses too with the public event at end.

Originally posted by thrixx

In short.

I agree. Just because bungie made halo, doesnt mean they will dominate every game they make. The game looks fun, but whats gonna make me keep coming back? Looks just like any other run and gun game, if I wanted that I would play borderlands, or cod....

Borderlands and CoD doesnt have a persistant online world with other players and public events, and you cant go exploring dungeons with your friends.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Came to see new gameplay, left seeing the exact same as at E3 =(.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by tkreep

In short.

Borderlands and CoD doesnt have a persistant online world with other players and public events, and you cant go exploring dungeons with your friends.

CoD no, your right.

Borderlands....umm last I looked has all those things except instead of being persistent, its private servers.

So, again...what makes this so different?

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• maddog15amaddog15a Member UncommonPosts: 83

Most of the hype on this is just because Bungie is behind it.  I love halo, but stopped liking where they were going with it after Halo 2.  (I was actualy pleasantly surprised at 343's Halo 4)  As for Destiny we have seen very very little in terms of gameplay and what we have seen is so scirpted its like CoD but with a SciFi coat of paint.

So far we have only heard they're plans on, player connectiveness, persistant online world, events and such.  They haven't even declared this an mmo yet, shoot they even avoid the question in interviews.

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    This game looks awesome. Definitely something to look forward to.

In short.

CoD no, your right.

Borderlands....umm last I looked has all those things except instead of being persistent, its private servers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhU1Oe1lv4

Borderlands is a single player/co-op game with an ending.  It doesnt have a living persistant online world where you can see other random players running around minding their business and maybe even join in with you in a public event.  Your character wont look like everyone else either.  Basically Destiny is more of an mmo.  I mean when it comes to mmos do you never play anything else other than WoW, just saying this based on your logic.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Cmon you jealous guys up there :). Something epic like this game we want see for long time on pc. It is best mmo i ever saw in my life
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    This is the original demo shown at E3 but hell this never gets old. Destiny is going to be a great game. Bring it on!
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

In short.

CoD no, your right.

The only different Bungie don't make Alien : Colonial Marines and Duke Nukems. /sigh 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Probably a lobby game.
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    once you take away the fancy presentation it's just another FPS

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I have been waiting a few years for this game and I want it nao! gimme gimme. Not long to go now.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Not for PC i don't care.

Video looks great but consoles only is rediculous ignoring the most powerfull platform PC.

• FrohheimFrohheim Member UncommonPosts: 11

worst gaming mockup ever... the voiceovers are so over and it feels totally unreal.

graphics are nice though.....