Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is a Failure [mod edit]

FOV = Headache

Jumping Puzzles = Rage

Cookie Cutter HUD with no options = Frustration

Bots everywhare = more Frustration

Goldsink = Anger

Crafting System  that  does not offer you any opportunity to make some gold = Pissed off

Man I could keep going...

It appears to me that most of WvW is nothing more than Company Lacky's trying to keep the game alive...

Waste of time for me...

Started playing The Secret World today and fell in love with this game.... I will never play GW2. 

Just my opinion, take it for what it is.... no need to hate because I don't hate you!

Peace

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Gotta love the combination of weekends and alt accounts.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

but I liked the GW2 jumping puzzles wish I could get more of them in games.

bots . . .meh if your going to do PvP in online gameing get used to them there isn't a game without them at least they arnt hacking for invulnerability ( at least I hope not I haven't seen any)

most of the other stuff I cant really argue with thought o be honest, but I am surprised TSW is your next stop but it norm is after GW2 im sure we will see you again soon, and if not hey more power to you I cant et into the way the game dose char design but if you like it go for it.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Nope.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Guild puzzles are pretty awesome, haters gonna hate.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    I think it's pretty successful no matter if you personally like it or not.  They keep adding content keeping the current player base satiated until the next installment is released.  Though, I barely lasted 3 weeks in game before getting bored, I cannot deny that their was quite a large player base.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by LithiumTea

FOV = Headache

Jumping Puzzles = Rage

Goldsink = Anger

Crafting System  that  does not offer you any opportunity to make some gold = Pissed off

It appears to me that most of WvW is nothing more than Company Lacky's trying to keep the game alive...

Waste of time for me...

Started playing The Secret World today and fell in love with this game.... I will never play GW2. 

Just my opinion, take it for what it is.... no need to hate because I don't hate you!

Peace

What does FOV stand for?

The jumping puzzles are hit and miss.  Some are fun, others want to make you want to tear your hair out.  My advice: find a Mesmer who knows how to do it, and ask them to lay down a teleport down in areas you can't seem to get across.

Cookie cutter HUD?  What the heck are you talking about?  It's a minimalist HUD that is anything but cookie cutter.  Are you sure you aren't thinking of another game?

Bots used to be a problem, but I haven't seen any in months.  Could be just a problem on your server.

What does "goldsink" mean?  What is a goldsink?  Are you talking about a grind of some kind?  I don't understand.

The crafting system isn't good for making money to start off, but when you can make the higher end gear, then it becomes good at making money.  But honestly, I don't think people are in it for the gold, but the legendary weapons.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Where you wrote "I will never play GW2", you must have meant "I will never play GW2 again".
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Obvious troll thread. Disregard.

• eimaiegoeimaiego Member Posts: 24

Jumping puzzles are great, I love them, I had fun doing them.

Bots, there is no bots, I havent seen a single bot in 7 months now, I only saw a gold seller once. I reported him, never saw him again.

You cant make gold from crafting because of the global trading post, but I like global trading post

Goldsink is necessary or the economy will be ruined like most of the other games

ololo

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    lol, oh jeez
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Maelzrael
    Obvious troll thread. Disregard.

Not only this but he's also about 9 months late to the party lol.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by LithiumTea

FOV = Headache

Jumping Puzzles = Rage

Goldsink = Anger

Waste of time for me...

Peace

GW2 is just so different from the wow style end game gear-grind that 99% of mmos today emulate its hard for most of us to wrap our heads around it.

I just came back to GW2 and am really enjoying it, once i wrapped my head around the fact they are really trying to do things differently from other games and got rid of some of my ridiculious expectations of what an mmo should be, I was able to really enjoy this sexy sexy game.

Seriously people if your like me and left GW2  fustrated after a couple of months,  rethink your expectations and give GW2 another shot

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224

How To Be A Troll!

Know the medium. Good trolling exposes loopholes or gaps in a forum or game’s defenses. You should be familiar enough with your game or forum to know how the system works and where there may be loopholes.

Use mass quantities. The most extreme trolling often uses repetition. Intense trolling will repeatedly hit on something that will get a “…really…” response out of people. Usually, the more repetitious a trolling is, the more annoying it will be. Be sure to evaluate how much repetition is enough and how much is too much. Sometimes one hit is all it takes to appropriately troll.

Be anonymous. Create an identity aside from your real life identity when trolling, especially when trolling strangers.

You're a really bad Troll!

someone else asked this and I kinda wanted to as well, but didn't, what the hell dose FOV mean?

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by cure01
    field of view. camera angle.

ah ty,

hmmm to be honest I never had any issue with that at all. never even really thought about it which is normally a even score with me when something works well enough that I don't even think about it it means it doing its job well and I don't have to give it any more though which is the way all basic components of games should be.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I'm sure when the devs dig their way out of their pile of money their feeling are going to be hurt by this thread.
  • plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

the title of this thread should be "GW2 is a success despite what i think about it"

just because you didnt like the game that doesnt mean it was a failure. if 95% of the peeps that played the game didnt like it, THEN it would be a failure.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by plescure

the title of this thread should be "GW2 is a success despite what i think about it"

just because you didnt like the game that doesnt mean it was a failure. if 95% of the peeps that played the game didnt like it, THEN it would be a failure.

And even then, if those 5 % of players that do like the game keep playing it and spending more money they they orriginally anticipated, the game is a success..

For companies the success of a game is in the numbers.

With the numbers of players still growing since the game released its definately a success.  Anyway, its kinda of stupid to base your ideas of a game being succesfull on a feeling, and thats what the OP does. success is a measurable thing, and only Anet knows if they met their financial and player numbers targets. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Silly to do it on an alt account, why not do it on your main, I mean hey, all the "GW2 is the greatest ever" posts are at least on mains, even if they make as valid points as this thread (and by valid I mean useless) XD
  • TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

There are so many definitions of "failure" the word itself has lost all meaning. What do you define as failure? The absonce of monetary profit? A low retention rate past the first levels? An arbitrary number of subscribers? Let's settle this once and for all then.

"A failure is the state of a game where a game has a retention rate of less than 5*Pi %, with a profit that is less than e*retention-rate*10^6 $ and its subcriber base is composed of less than 500 people, a pig and a yak in heat."

There, that should be arbitrary enough for a standard.

Now fail on!

• Jasper300Jasper300 Member Posts: 62
    whether the game is successfully or a failure I think GW2 is extremely boring to play..
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Wow you are terrible at criticizing, come up with more legit reasons. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Jasper300
    whether the game is successfully or a failure I think GW2 is extremely boring to play..

Thats your opinion... because i think its the game is still so much fun and anything but boring.  

You see OP, which of these 2 statements does it make a success or a failure?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

This discussion has been closed.