Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

let's pick a MMO and play it all together / PART II

antidotikantidotik Member Posts: 31

Let's pick a MMO and play it all together ! We can create a Clan/Guild/Legion !

If you already play one of the following games, please post your characters' names and servers and factions!

IF you are capable of creating a Clan/Guild/Legion in your server please let us know it, will make things easier

I'll update this post to include all the data.

===============================================================

ROSE Online: 

antidotik=     character name: RVID3R      class: Hawker> Raider        server: Leonis    

clan: MMORPGcom    

Comments

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146
    Even with the expanded list.. I still don't know which game I'd rather play, horrible selection.. Anno Online? you serious? what moron suggests we play that game? lol. might as well put hello kitty back up.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Played most of those and MEH.

You are showing bias by not listing GW2 and WoW.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    While I think this can be a good idea, it was done last fall. A group of us from here formed a guild in EQ2. It was meant to be that for only mmorpg members who had made characters for that group. It started well, but then the guild leader let non-mmorpg'rs in with high level characters and the group eventually fell apart. Not sure if any of the original members stuck with it.  I think you need to stick together and not let others in the guild or it will become just another guild of random players. A good concept that doesn't always work out well - my experience.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Rift ftw great game

botrytis G2 is WOW is MEH too

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    How about Vanguard?  Keep hearing how the game is great but not enough players.
  • antidotikantidotik Member Posts: 31

I've put only f2p games, that's why there's no wow neither GW2.

if enough people request a game I can make poll part III

I see that many people vote Rift, let's wait and see

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by botrytis

The only bias is that the list is all F2P, whereas GW2 requires $40.00 or so and WOW even more plus sub. I think he was just giving free options to eliminate any initial gate to entry for those who may want to join him .I'm sure he would like those other 2 games just fine if you want to cover the startup cost and/or subs for all.

Imo...there are actually plenty of good F2P games with more than reasonable cash shop setups to play these days. Some of which ARE on his list. My choices would be in order: RIFT..AION...AOC...TERA...NEVERWINTER . TERA and NEVERWINTER are great grouping games but NEVERWINTER gives me the impression or severely handicapping you unless u start paying at higher levels . Anybody..please correct me if I'm wrong. Neverwinter has the worst cash shop imo with AoC in 2nd place..then RIFT...AION..TERA being the most F2P. 

So many good F2P options that I don't see any need in paying a sub anymore..and trust me..I was all for subs in the past. Things change I guess.

As for me..I've been playing various F2P or Steam ( gotta love the sales)  FPS lately like Red Orchestra 2, Planetside2, Blacklight retribution, Homefront and Ghost Recon online...oh and one I saw here last week Panzar. IT is based in the UK I think so the queues  are really long due to lack of players or too many players I guess. Its a fun little small arena team game that I wish more people would play.

Originally posted by davc123

Rift ftw great game

LOL - have you played GW2? Rift is more WoW than GW2 is. Rift is more like WoW than GW2. I mean you have quest hubs, etc. And before you ask, I played Rift for over a year and got bored with the 'Next greatest dungeon' type of end game.

The idea for me posting those 2 games what they were not on the list and should be.

Originally posted by SoulStain

The only bias is that the list is all F2P, whereas GW2 requires $40.00 or so and WOW even more plus sub. I think he was just giving free options to eliminate any initial gate to entry for those who may want to join him .I'm sure he would like those other 2 games just fine if you want to cover the startup cost and/or subs for all.

Imo...there are actually plenty of good F2P games with more than reasonable cash shop setups to play these days. Some of which ARE on his list. So many that I don't see any need in paying a sub anymore..and trust me..I was all for subs in the past. Things change I guess.

As for me..I've been playing various F2P or Steam ( gotta love the sales)  FPS lately like Red Orchestra 2, Planetside2, Blacklight retribution, Homefront and Ghost Recon online...oh and one I saw here last week Panzar. IT is based in the UK I think so the queues  are really long due to lack of players or too many players I guess. Its a fun little small arena team game that I wish more people would play.

Allods Online and LOTRO then should be on the list if you only want F2P games. As I said, shows bias.....

• Reza82Reza82 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I like this idea.. I`m up for following up and joining.. I`m not sure what to vote yet though but I will get it in soon

Imo...there are actually plenty of good F2P games with more than reasonable cash shop setups to play these days. Some of which ARE on his list. So many that I don't see any need in paying a sub anymore..and trust me..I was all for subs in the past. Things change I guess.

Allods Online and LOTRO then should be on the list if you only want F2P games. As I said, shows bias.....

Then , according to your apparent parameters, I guess there is no way for him to avoid being bias without listing the  thousands of F2P games that are on the market today . Shame on him for not choosing every single one of them for his list.

Now..if all could fork over the box price for GW2..then that would be a fun game for a group to play up until higher levels I guess. Other than that his list gives plenty of options even if they don't appeal to some people or leave out some of the plethora of F2Ps.

Then , according to your apparent parameters, I guess there is no way for him to avoid being bias without listing the hundreds of thousands of F2P games that are on the market today. Shame on him for not choosing every single one of them for his list.

Now..if all could fork over the box price for GW2..then that would be a fun game for a group to play up until higher levels I guess. Other than that his list gives plenty of options even if they don't appeal to some people or leave out some of the plethora of F2Ps.

What were the criteria for picking the games? Hey just pointing this out - don't kill the messenger.

I am just saying there are others out there that people might be interested to play. Allods Online, for example, was gquite fun until it went P2W (which supposedly has changed).

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

More popular topic would be:

Let's pick an MMO and trash it on forums all together :D

Originally posted by wizyy

More realistic topic (and popular as well) would be:

Let's pick an MMO and trash it on forums all together :D

NAH - that is what this forum is all about. Its been done....

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    No SWTOR or STO?
  • kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

SWTOR or RIFT.

Personally RIFT, because, I just love rifting.

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

Then , according to your apparent parameters, I guess there is no way for him to avoid being bias without listing the hundreds of thousands of F2P games that are on the market today. Shame on him for not choosing every single one of them for his list.

What were the criteria for picking the games? Hey just pointing this out - don't kill the messenger.

I am just saying there are others out there that people might be interested to play. Allods Online, for example, was gquite fun until it went P2W (which supposedly has changed).

You're right .My comments do come off as a bit acerbic..just the day I've had . Sorry. I would have added LOTRO myself a few years back but it seems to have lost its light to me. I could never get Allods to work on my PC..always got some kind of error and eventually I just said..eff it.

I would probably put DDO on there too.Especially if he's looking at something that can be done in dots or dashes of time. I think it's received a bad name from many but still looks pretty decent and has some good gameplay and complexity despite being set in a severely instanced Eberron (a setting with which I was never familiar)

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Could it be a HC raiding guild? No I am not trying to be a dick.

I seriously would be down for rolling a character in RIFT, for a 1 night a week scheduled grouping, with a goal of raiding. It is basically the 1 thing I haven't done in my MMO years....

Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    No SWTOR or STO?

STO would be good..I enjoyed a few months there but SWTOR would be better if you can sub. That's the only way I could play SWTOR..I purchased the $150 CE and get 600 points for cash shop each month subbed & pre-purchased the expansion but am reluctant to sub again for now.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by davc123

Rift ftw great game

LOL - have you played GW2? Rift is more WoW than GW2 is. Rift is more like WoW than GW2. I mean you have quest hubs, etc. And before you ask, I played Rift for over a year and got bored with the 'Next greatest dungeon' type of end game.

The idea for me posting those 2 games what they were not on the list and should be.

ofc i have max level but is boring because no endgame .. idc if  Rift looks like wow  i love and is f2p

• TreBizTreBiz Member Posts: 3

I'll take part in this but I will not vote due to my not knowing anything about any of the listed games.

Never played any of them.

Anything would be better than nothing plus playing with a group can make any game better.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I play TERA on Lake Of Tears ( PVP Server ).

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Rift or NWN seems pretty good. Esp since it is F2P so there's no barrier to entry for people.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

lets all play Istaria, and hope somebody sometime makes an Istaria clone

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    There's no good MMO to play at the moment (moment lasting several years now)