Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Western mmorpg

Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Looking for a western mmorpg, old west, cowboys and the frontier style. Are there any?

Why hasn't someone tried the wild west theme yet? or did someone (I mean big budget) already try it. Seems like it would be perfect for an mmo.

Comments

• robthemaniacrobthemaniac Member Posts: 57

Nothing that I can think of. The most popular of the "Wild Wild West" concepts get drafted into the steam punk type genres I think.

My best guess as to a reason would be lack of combat type content. It was the time where your six-shooter and reflexes were what mattered, and that was about it (loose generalization here).

On a side note however, I think something set more in Colonization days could be insane. Imagine the sandbox possibilities!

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Yeah kinda figured as much.. I was also thinking along the lines of pioneer days and how a game with that theme done right would be epic. Kind of sad really. It's an era with a lot of untapped potential.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Logos1326

Looking for a western mmorpg, old west, cowboys and the frontier style. Are there any?

Why hasn't someone tried the wild west theme yet? or did someone (I mean big budget) already try it. Seems like it would be perfect for an mmo.

Western as in Hollywood Movies or Western as in the 19th century genocidal imperialistic expansion of the USA?

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

So much for America "land of the free" eh?

Make the game in Asia then. Plenty of other games based on far worse eras of human history, that glorify the 'bad guys.' Only reason lawyers file those kinds of lawsuits to cash in when the company caves in to media pressure. Don't give in and when it finally goes to court it gets thrown out in a day. It's free publicity and even people that don't play mmos would log into the game just to see what the hype is about.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by craftseeker
    Originally posted by Logos1326

Western as in Hollywood Movies or Western as in the 19th century genocidal imperialistic expansion of the USA?

Meh, either would be fine.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ForlakForlak Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I was thinking the same thing; a good western MMO could be the latest shot-in-the-arm the industry needs. Lawsuits aren't a reason to avoid doing something, hell if anything, they're a good reason TO do something: To confront and challenge a new horizon.
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Dino Storm is basically cowboys vs dinosaurs