Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Omeed Dariani Let It Slip: Lumber Confirmed!

DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307

Omeed: oh trust me - you didn't want to be at this one. #EQNext.

When you read the whole conversation they talk about lumberjacks too. So EQN will have lumberjacks that gather lumber. I hope that we get to use the lumber to craft staves and bows!

What do you want to craft with wood in EQN?

This is so exciting!

Comments

• wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278
    Hmm interesting.  It would be interesting to hire workers to accomplish a lot of common tradeskill item acquisitions.  I really wonder how far they will take this ...
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by dejoblue

When you read the whole conversation they talk about lumberjacks too. So EQN will have lumberjacks that gather lumber. I hope that we get to use the lumber to craft staves and bows!

This is so exciting!

Boats

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• AticusWellesAticusWelles Member Posts: 152
    Houses (that exist in the world, not instances, and boats are the two at the top of my list.
  • xxxxxx1xxxxxx1 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Toilet Houses.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Who woulda thought. Wood. The game has wood. Oh my. Yeah, exciting. That's the word that i'm looking for.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• intrinscintrinsc Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I want to craft a wooden samurai sword.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Who woulda thought. Wood. The game has wood. Oh my. Yeah, exciting. That's the word that i'm looking for.

Obviously this means that there's going to be non-instanced housing and open world FFA PVP along with harsh death penalties. 

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Alders

Obviously this means that there's going to be non-instanced housing and open world FFA PVP along with harsh death penalties. 

That's exactly what I got out of this. HIGH FIVE!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

Thank you for this image

Made my July 4th a little brighter image

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Another disappointment. It has wood, so it's just another WoW clone. Wood is so 2004. They could've used protoxeterin or something. Be original. I suppose that's too much to ask.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by wizardanim
    Hmm interesting.  It would be interesting to hire workers to accomplish a lot of common tradeskill item acquisitions.  I really wonder how far they will take this ...

This is the impression I got. Not that players will be lumberjacks, but that they'll somehow interact with lumberjacks.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    If this is just going to be another wood based grinder, I'm out.
  • burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420
    Hearing this news gave ME wood! ;)
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

That's exactly what I got out of this. HIGH FIVE!

there is no wood in EvE, this can't be right.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

love it, great to hear!

although not really anything new. Woodcutting has been around for ages in runescape.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

This is so exciting!

Headboards. Shoes. Teeth.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53
    the only thing i get from reading that twitter conversation is "lumber" seems to be confirmed , i see a joke comment about a lumberjack games and oregon, which is a place, and to "google Timber Carnival if you want to know" so if you google "Oregon Timber Carnival" you might get the answer your all looking for ?
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Spoons.

• DejoblueDejoblue Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Originally posted by Zolb
    the only thing i get from reading that twitter conversation is "lumber" seems to be confirmed , i see a joke comment about a lumberjack games and oregon, which is a place, and to "google Timber Carnival if you want to know" so if you google "Oregon Timber Carnival" you might get the answer your all looking for ?

OMG EQNext is going to have a Timber Carnival! WOOOT!

• ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53

LOLi would not go that far but thats all i can see form the twitter convo, if they did implement something along those lines maybe some sort of mini side game(s) like keg toss in GW2 or some of the other season events, some of those have been quite fun.

Not to wait tho, few more weeks! :)

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I bet there are bricks made of stone and you have to have mining skills to get it.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Need moar mohogany!

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Saxx0n
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I bet there are bricks made of stone and you have to have mining skills to get it.

Good chance you are wrong.  Mining = metal, quarrying = stone.

I really hope they go overboard with gathering skills, the more the merrier.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

LOLi would not go that far but thats all i can see form the twitter convo, if they did implement something along those lines maybe some sort of mini side game(s) like keg toss in GW2 or some of the other season events, some of those have been quite fun.

Not to wait tho, few more weeks! :)

See I took all that to mean that's it's confirmed that EQN is not a Eve clone...it's an Oregon Trail clone and wood is required to repair your wagons.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by Saxx0n

Good chance you are wrong.  Mining = metal, quarrying = stone.

I really hope they go overboard with gathering skills, the more the merrier.

If this is a next gen sandbox I doubt it will have WoW idiot proof nodes. Minerals not metal are found in the rock layer below surface soils.

Metal = smithing/smelting to refine raw ore into a more pure form.

Good chance you are wrong kind sir.