Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anything new going on with this game?

StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

Been a couple months since I played, was just curious if they added any significant patches, content, fixes ect.

Comments

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Not really, since they decided the console version will be the best version.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Depends on when you leave the game.

They have added

- uber bosses

- paragon levels

- improved monster density (so people don't have to just farm act 3)

- bind-on-account end-game crafting recipes (which needs a bind-on-account component).

- MP improvements

The game is much better than 6 months ago.

• shibonoryushibonoryu Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

They have added

- uber bosses

- paragon levels

- bind-on-account end-game crafting recipes (which needs a bind-on-account component).

- MP improvements

He said a couple of months. Meaning no, nothing new. 

Also, no point in really playing as the economy is complete and utter garbage and the itemization patch isn't coming until after Blizzcon.

So nothing new, and the game is still just, average.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by shibonoryu

They have added

- uber bosses

- paragon levels

- MP improvements

Also, no point in really playing as the economy is complete and utter garbage and the itemization patch isn't coming until after Blizzcon.

Is "because it's a fun game" enough reason to play? Not everyone plays because of the economy.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

They have added

- uber bosses

- paragon levels

- MP improvements

Is "because it's a fun game" enough reason to play? Not everyone plays because of the economy.

Hardcore. Best experience in the last 5 years. Perfect economy as everyone dies ... somewhere.

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165

Well I seem to only like games that constantly get trashed, so im use to it.

Just to stir the pot, I like this game better than I liked POE

there take that

anyway.  I think they added the most recent patch since I last played, with the mob density ect.

ill have to stop in and check it out.

oh and really..no one cares that a game that will be two years old without a subscription is launching on game consoles.  really its not a big deal.  im glad they are doing it.

man some people get so crazy about a video game, its sad really. really this game ive never seen so much downs over a game.

Originally posted by Strangerous

Well I seem to only like games that constantly get trashed, so im use to it.

Just to stir the pot, I like this game better than I liked POE

there take that

anyway.  I think they added the most recent patch since I last played, with the mob density ect.

ill have to stop in and check it out.

oh and really..no one cares that a game that will be two years old without a subscription is launching on game consoles.  really its not a big deal.  im glad they are doing it.

man some people get so crazy about a video game, its sad really. really this game ive never seen so much downs over a game.

D3 may be my favorite game of all time. I've played it more than any other game that isn't named  World of Warcraft.  So obviously I think all the haters are complete, biased, will never be happy with anything idiots.

They have added

- uber bosses

- paragon levels

- MP improvements

Couple means at least 2. Patch 1.08 went live on 5/7, less than 2 months ago when he asked the question.

D3 may be my favorite game of all time. I've played it more than any other game that isn't named  World of Warcraft.  So obviously I think all the haters are complete, biased, will never be happy with anything idiots.

All games have haters. I just ignore them.

D3 is a very successful game, with more than 14M boxes sold. And it is better and better with each patch with a sure expansion coming.

So life is pretty good.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

SWTOR would like a word with you lol

Originally posted by baphamet

Yeah but D3 is actually really really good. Best of it's genre. Yet the hate flows...

But I do agree the SWTOR hate is pretty over the top as well. It's not a great game and has it's flaws, but when comparing it to it's peers in themepark MMO's, it isn't as horrible as players claim.

Originally posted by Strangerous Well I seem to only like games that constantly get trashed, so im use to it.   Just to stir the pot, I like this game better than I liked POE   there take that   anyway.  I think they added the most recent patch since I last played, with the mob density ect.   ill have to stop in and check it out.   oh and really..no one cares that a game that will be two years old without a subscription is launching on game consoles.  really its not a big deal.  im glad they are doing it.   man some people get so crazy about a video game, its sad really. really this game ive never seen so much downs over a game.

i don't consider myself a hater, i don't hate on games. but for D3 to not have any real pvp system in it, that kills it for me.

D2 is one of my favorite games of all time, i bought my first PC just so i could play it (which obviously makes it my first online multiplayer game)

but what kept me playing was the pvp, i would make new character after new character and farm gear just so i could own in duels and pk's

without pvp the only thing that would keep me playing is hardcore.

Originally posted by baphamet Originally posted by Strangerous  man some people get so crazy about a video game, its sad really. really this game ive never seen so much downs over a game.

Yeah but D3 is actually really really good. Best of it's genre. Yet the hate flows...

But I do agree the SWTOR hate is pretty over the top as well. It's not a great game and has it's flaws, but when comparing it to it's peers in themepark MMO's, it isn't as horrible as players claim.

its due to popularity (people love to hate on all things main stream) and lofty player expectations. i agree D3 is the best ARPG out right now but for me i cant continue to play a game like that without solid pvp

that is just me though.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Gold-AH/RMAH has no place in an arpg. Period.

Console version is going to avoid those so it can

be fun if they pull it off properly. 

The only question is now: how they change the

itemization. Will it be enjoyable and well fit for

AH-free enviroment or will it be 1 on 1 trade 

dependent or something else?

Let's hope for the best.

Originally posted by Strangerous  man some people get so crazy about a video game, its sad really. really this game ive never seen so much downs over a game.

its due to popularity (people love to hate on all things main stream) and lofty player expectations. i agree D3 is the best ARPG out right now but for me i cant continue to play a game like that without solid pvp

that is just me though.

Really? And i don't play ARPG for PvP. The key draw of D3 is a) build experimentation, and b) farming (i.e. killing lots of stuff) is just fun.

I am also playing PoE, Marvel Heroes, Incredible Adventure of Van Helsing, have played TL1 & 2 .. none of those games are as good as D3 in term of combat fun.

Originally posted by Draftbeer

Let's hope for the best.

I do like the AH .. you can work towards an upgrade by saving up. It is also a tragedy to get a good drop for another class and you cannot use.

Given that there is trading in the game, even if Blizz don't put in a AH, there will be Ah sites.

In the console version, i heard that you are going to get better drops.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Draftbeer

Let's hope for the best.

I do like the AH .. you can work towards an upgrade by saving up. It is also a tragedy to get a good drop for another class and you cannot use.

Given that there is trading in the game, even if Blizz don't put in a AH, there will be Ah sites.

In the console version, i heard that you are going to get better drops.

The HC  gold AH proves that an AH within a dungeon crawler works perfectly.

The only difference is that in HC the avatars die and take their gear into oblivion.

i doubt the console version willl be fun once you are used to playing the hardcore economy in the PC version.

Couch play will be fun, but the console version will sadly lack the deeper resource management of D3 hardcore play.

Originally posted by sportsfan

The HC  gold AH proves that an AH within a dungeon crawler works perfectly.

The only difference is that in HC the avatars die and take their gear into oblivion.

i doubt the console version willl be fun once you are used to playing the hardcore economy in the PC version.

Couch play will be fun, but the console version will sadly lack the deeper resource management of D3 hardcore play.

It will just be a different game. Because of the interface change, combat probably also feels a bit different in the console version.

I would say the console version is a different game ... although sharing all the graphics, and a large number of features.

• SzkieletorSzkieletor Member UncommonPosts: 34

welp...

I was about to make a thread asking if it's possible to completly revamp this game in the expansion or are they even planning on it... but I guess not.

I am happy that I didn't buy this game... I had money prepared like 3 months before the release, in a full fanboi mode... but after I got invited to beta... well... lets say I got a little bit disgusted with the way things were going.

I was kinda hoping they can acknowledge their failure before the next expansion. Anyone thinks it's possible? Or is blizzard really so dedicated to make only arcade games simplified to the limit. Just look at their progression:

1. )world of warcraft vanilla (where it was almost impossible to kill kelthuzad so only hardcore gamers could actually do it)

2.) WoW as we know it today (requirement: 85 IQ, or a calm monkey)

3.) starcraft 2 (singleplayer: same as above)

4.) diablo 3 (simplified to the max, suited for braindead monkeys)

5.) card games... even more simplified

I think there is no chance to make a good diablo 3 expansion anymore. Unless you want to play a high-production-value microsoft saper where you don't lose when clicking on a mine. I think blizzard just insults your intelligence with every game they make, and it's just sad that their games are still so popular.

What failure? They sold 12M+ boxes. I am sure the expansion will be a big seller.

D3 is a fun game. Good combat. Nice new skill system so people can experiment with new builds all day. I get it that you don't like it.

But plenty of others do.

And it is more challenging than 95% of the MMOs out there, particularly if you play hard core.

Originally posted by Szkieletor

welp...

I was about to make a thread asking if it's possible to completly revamp this game in the expansion or are they even planning on it... but I guess not.

I am happy that I didn't buy this game... I had money prepared like 3 months before the release, in a full fanboi mode... but after I got invited to beta... well... lets say I got a little bit disgusted with the way things were going.

I was kinda hoping they can acknowledge their failure before the next expansion. Anyone thinks it's possible? Or is blizzard really so dedicated to make only arcade games simplified to the limit. Just look at their progression:

1. )world of warcraft vanilla (where it was almost impossible to kill kelthuzad so only hardcore gamers could actually do it)

I think there is no chance to make a good diablo 3 expansion anymore. Unless you want to play a high-production-value microsoft saper where you don't lose when clicking on a mine. I think blizzard just insults your intelligence with every game they make, and it's just sad that their games are still so popular. 

I thought the beta was only up to Skeleton King on normal (easiest) difficulty. If you are going to judge a game on that basis, I can't help you.

Based on the rest of your comments, it doesn't appear like you even gave the game a chance. Your mind appears to have already been made up that it was some sort of EZ mode, faceroll kiddie game and not up to your superior intellectual standards.

I thought the beta was only up to Skeleton King on normal (easiest) difficulty. If you are going to judge a game on that basis, I can't help you.

Based on the rest of your comments, it doesn't appear like you even gave the game a chance. Your mind appears to have already been made up that it was some sort of EZ mode, faceroll kiddie game and not up to your superior intellectual standards.

Yes, the beta does not go to the end game. Also it has no uber, no MP levels, no paragon levels, and a host of other stuff.

But it is ok. There are always haters.

Facts are

a) it sold 12M+

b) it has a score of 88 on metacritics.

c) it is still top 14 game (within the last 5 min) on xfire after more than 1 year 3 months after release.

Everything else are just personal opinions. I like this game. You like this game. He hates this game. It happens to WOW, CoD, Halo, and probably every game out there.

• aspectofgoreaspectofgore Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by sportsfan

They have added

- uber bosses

- paragon levels

- MP improvements

Hardcore. Best experience in the last 5 years. Perfect economy as everyone dies ... somewhere.

Yeah I really love hardcore in d3, its a fun experience, especialy now that you can start over playing at higher monster lvl. So you dont just die when you fall asleep on normal difficulty

Originally posted by aspectofgore

Yeah I really love hardcore in d3, its a fun experience, especialy now that you can start over playing at higher monster lvl. So you dont just die when you fall asleep on normal difficulty

Sounds like it will be even better with the new expansion.

• SzkieletorSzkieletor Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by Szkieletor

welp...

ofc I gave the game a chance, I was playing the beta.

music is bad (only ambient)

graphics are bad (it's world of warcraft once again)

skill system is bad

I didn't enjoy anything in the beta and I knew it won't change after the 1st act.

To me it was obvious that they made another WoW. A game with no identity whatsoever.

And you are telling me that this game was a succes because it sold 12 million copies like it was a proof that it's a good game... but if this same game was released by ANY other company. It would get max 2 million sold copies because people only bought this game because it's blizzard and they lied about it pre-release. Like 50% of the things they promised are not implemented even until now, and it's been like 1,5 year.