Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not convinced this is going to be a good game

azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I just get this feeling every day that goes by this game will be "just another" MMO in a long line of "just another" MMO's.  I am really starting to get this whole SWTOR vibe with everything that is going on. 

The dev's have repeatedly commented on making it an Elder Scrolls game first and foremost but yet none of the truly TES style game design elements have been showcased. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Comments

• Reza82Reza82 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I can`t wait for this game also, this and FF ARR... i`m going to thoroughly enjoy them both as I have been a fan of both games for a long time..
  • NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe Member Posts: 88
    No one here's going to convince you, convince yourself or just move on.

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Months ago I would have disagreed with the OP.Over the last several months I have seen an unending series of game development decisions that have...in my opinion....moved the direction away from my understanding of what the game was going to be  So with each new news crumblet that we as mindless drones are expected to pounce on  is released I am growing less and less confident that the vision Matt Firor expressed early on will be realized.

My response....stop following each crumb of information the company releases ....and just check to see what shows up whenever in 2014 the game is released (assuming it does).

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    OK? Thanks for sharing.
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Me too. Just not sure about this MMO anymore. The bits and crumbs they have let out just dont add up to a TES game.

They finally sent out beta invites. I did not get one. I think its a waiting game with this one.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by topographic
    OK? Thanks for sharing.

No no. Thank you for posting!

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Daxamar
    Originally posted by topographic
    OK? Thanks for sharing.

No no. Thank you for posting!

No no no! Thank you for noticing!

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Well I am getting a PS4 and my son a PS4 and we thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim and well we are both playing on the same Alliance and well you don't want to be a possible target so maybe you should reconsider, heh...

If they pull it off and the game runs without a hitch....they will come....

and ya'll don't want none, tsk tsk

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Most worthless thread of the day. congrats. There is nothing to discuss here.

There Is Always Hope!

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I just get this feeling every day that goes by this game will be "just another" MMO in a long line of "just another" MMO's.  I am really starting to get this whole SWTOR vibe with everything that is going on. 

The dev's have repeatedly commented on making it an Elder Scrolls game first and foremost but yet none of the truly TES style game design elements have been showcased. 

Whether it's good or not the game will still have a massive fanbase, not my cup of tea but be in no doubt many will play and like the game.

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Whether it's good or not the game will still have a massive fanbase, not my cup of tea but be in no doubt many will play and like the game.

You mean whether its good or bad TO YOU. You are not the decider for everyone else of what is good and bad.

There Is Always Hope!

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by keithian
    Most worthless thread of the day. congrats. There is nothing to discuss here.

Bye.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Actually, they started repeatedly saying that AFTER they pissed all the TES fans off by repeatedly talking about how much they want to be like WoW and how they want to do this like WoW and that like WoW, but theyre keeping the lore of TES and thats it. Since then, its been constant backpedaling & trying to cover up how unlike TES it is & how similar it is to games like WoW & GW2.

It could be a great MMO. It just wont be a great addition & expansion of the TES series as we expect it, but rather another great WoW clone.

• ZelonZelon Member Posts: 7
    Bro is a very good TES MMO.After reading and  informed from a few people that are in beta this is not a WoW clone.Is a TES game with some MMO things.I don't really know why some people are obsessed:WoW clone WoW clone.We have books?Yes we have,M'aiq the liar is in ESO.Yes m'aiq the liar is there

You mean whether its good or bad TO YOU. You are not the decider for everyone else of what is good and bad.

Lol, someone doesn't understand English, funny thing is your not smart enough to actually figure out you are just repeating what i've said.

Whether it's a good or bad game to me doesn't matter, i'm sure you understand that means exactly what it says.

Poor you.image

First of all it's 'you're not smart enough', not 'your' so my English is fine. Second, I read your post just fine. You were basically saying based on the fact that it isn't your cup of tea despite never playing it and despite that it's a year from release that even if it's bad, it will still have a massive following. If it has a massive following, that means most likely it isn't a bad game. It just means you didn't like it. 

There Is Always Hope!

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

World of Warcraft clones may as well be anything that isn't overly detailed graphics with more of a cartoony overlay and even though WoW modeled alot of its game mechanics after Everquest, Asheron's Call, and Dark Age of Camelot its still considered on top of the heap of MMORPGs since the dawn of time which is utter bullshit yet aren't we critics/skeptics to some extent, especially in this genre...

I for one am hoping people let go of WoW altogether...its high time we moved on and started to really recognize WoW as just another stepping stone as is any other MMORPG; even if they suck, are successful, or flop entirely they contribute somethings to the evolution of MMORPGs

• julizsjulizs Member Posts: 9

Lol, someone doesn't understand English, funny thing is your not smart enough to actually figure out you are just repeating what i've said.

Whether it's a good or bad game to me doesn't matter, i'm sure you understand that means exactly what it says.

Poor you.image

First off all it's 'you're not smart enough', not 'your' so my English is fine. Second, I read your post just fine. You were basically saying based on the fact that it isn't your cup of tea despite never playing it and despite that it's a year from release that even if it's bad, it will still have a massive following. If it has a massive following, that means most likely it isn't a bad game. It just means you didn't like it. 

Gotta love fanboys who attack someone who just posted his completely neutral opinion on the game.

never be enough

Originally posted by julizs

Poor you.image

First off all it's 'you're not smart enough', not 'your' so my English is fine. Second, I read your post just fine. You were basically saying based on the fact that it isn't your cup of tea despite never playing it and despite that it's a year from release that even if it's bad, it will still have a massive following. If it has a massive following, that means most likely it isn't a bad game. It just means you didn't like it. 

Gotta love fanboys who attack someone who just posted his completely neutral opinion on the game.

deleting response

There Is Always Hope!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Actually, they started repeatedly saying that AFTER they pissed all the TES fans off by repeatedly talking about how much they want to be like WoW and how they want to do this like WoW and that like WoW, but theyre keeping the lore of TES and thats it. Since then, its been constant backpedaling & trying to cover up how unlike TES it is & how similar it is to games like WoW & GW2.

It could be a great MMO. It just wont be a great addition & expansion of the TES series as we expect it, but rather another great WoW clone.

While I don't think the game is anywhere close to being a WoW clone, it does nevertheless follow certain patterns that have doomed the MMO genre over the last 6-7 years.  Namely relying to much on an IP and not giving enough content to last past the 3 month mark.  There's no mentions of systems that have kept MMO players playing, things like meaningful progression, non-combat activities and PvE content that grows and grows.

IMO the game's only saving grace is the AvA (DAoC styled RvR) but not everyone is interested in a PvP mindset.  Adventure zones sound cool but will they be enough.  There needs to be things like epic quest lines, Player Housing and Player run economies to give the depth of systems to keep the average player playing past a few months and right now that just isn't there.  I would hope they spend this 6 month delay by adding in those types of things. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• nodvianodvia Member UncommonPosts: 25
    This game reeks of SWTOR syndrome.  Just  like Tor this game is focusing on a single player "experience" where other players are just turds running around while you have you epic adventure. I foresee a failure of Tortanic proportion, which quite frankly makes me even more excited for this game because there is nothing better than a good old fashioned hate mob. I'm sharping my pitchfork as we speak!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It doesn't look like "just another mmo" Character customization looks like it might be good. Cyrodill is the key. If it's great the game might be pretty good. 

We'll see.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • STAUDERWALKIESTAUDERWALKIE Member Posts: 18

I agree with Nodvia that this game is setting itself up for a severe beatdown with the way it's trying to segregate people into three separate zones that you can't freely walk to if you want to without finishing that questline there first.

I just see this as another IP that is going to get smothered under the weight of a meh product by crushing a lot of what the original feeling of the series to this date accomplished (Open world that lets you go wherever within that world). The structured pvp within the center of the map sounds great and interested to see how this megaserver ends up. going to be interested for sure to see if it turns into an instance nightmare like how TORTANIC ended up (grabs popcorn and sits down in anticipation )

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Just another mmo:  5 classes and races that all pvp each other in a simplistic battleground.  Pve includes massive gear grind, silly pets and oddities that mostly Asian markets enjoy. 

ESO:  3 realms that are uniquely different.  This means that you actually pvp against races and classes that are not mirrors of your own.  This just doesn't happen in today's industry folks.

So, this is not just another mmo - to even suggest that shows a lack of understanding of what a tri-realm RvR mmorpg has to offer.  So yes, I'm not so worried about them taking their time.  They have an amazing team and are doing good things that most mmorpg developers couldn't even comprehend because it's outside of the WoW model.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.