Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Celebration of Lliira Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Neverwinter players will want to get into the game from today through July 8th for the Celebration of Lliira. During the event, players can earn two times as many rough astral diamonds than normal. If that's not enough, the team also has other events that players can take part in:

There will be firework mortars around Protector's Enclave to celebrate this event. By completing a simple daily quest involving launching fireworks from different locations, you will be able to earn additional in-game rewards. These rewards are exclusive to this event, and include a unique mask, dye packs, title, and more! 

Read all of the details on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Really? Come on now....a 4th of July event in Neverwinter?

These holiday events are getting sillier and seem outta place. Not just talking about Neverwinter but alot of MMO's are getting a little crazy with the holiday thing.

My point? Look at that picture up top ^^^^^^^^^ and tell me that doesn't look stupid.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I've given up on this game long ago.  After playing the beta for FFXIV, I could never go back.  You see the gorgeous visuals of FFXIV and then you go back to Neverwinter and its like you stepped back in time.  I was never a fan of holiday celebrations in games because they always seemed so corny.  This looks like it won't be any different.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    NWO = Neverwinter Over

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157

please....

gameplay > graphics

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Its really sad, I had such high hopes for this game, coming from the Neverwinter Nights days, I was ready for this.  Looks like the hype train derailed big time, too many other good titles out there now, this one is going to the Realms of the Forgotten  ;)
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    God, some of you are uptight.  Fireworks have been around for centuries and in fantasy fiction (Tolkein).  It's a festival.  They're not pushing American patriotism.  Rift is having a fireworks event as well.  Why not just enjoy it, or ignore it?

There is enjoying it and then there is brain dead.

Why not enjoy? Cause it seems developers think they can churn out CRAP like this instead of actually decent content or ya know....maybe fix their game?

If they spent less time on this and more time on original content or here is a thought... host a engaging live game event instead of some quest filled crap fest that has you collecting stuff so you can get a piece of a costume or mount or trying to farm Astral diamonds to the max. Wait I know right? Who doesn't want to farm MORE Astral Diamonds?

I guess maybe that is to much to ask.

EDIT: Oh also...Tolkien(not Tolkein) created a living breathing universe. With deep history and lore to support his holiday that he made up in his own universe. Tons of book describing how each race came to be or where it was. Comparing that to Neverwinter is downright shameful.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• Postal13Postal13 Member Posts: 94
    I wish they would tell us where the stupid Disciple of Lliira is hiding. Saying "in the city" doesn't really help since the whole game is based around the city!!!

Cunfushus says "Only through wasting time do we realize that time should not be wasted."

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    What.... the mask is that star mask?  Give me a friggin break if that's true as that thing is fucking ugly and retarded and simplisiic no effort design all in one package.  A STAR MASK!!!! Oooooo SOOO wanna spend time on it!!!!
  • revslaverevslave Member UncommonPosts: 154

As far as I can tell the event takes about 30 sec to complete.  All you do is talk to an NPC and then click a mortar. This nets  you some dye's, fireworks and a token you can turn in at the end for a remarkably ugly mask.   I have not seen any crazy decorations or aesthetic changes to the city. 

Anyone who is complaining about it has either never played an MMO in December or is just angry about something else and using this as a way to vent. 

Welcome Home

Rev.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

PWI Suits: "Hey Cryptic, what kind of monetization event have you guys got planned for Neverwinter on the 4th of July weekend ?"

Cryptic devs: "Uh, whut ?"

PWI Suits: "Grooan... C'mon guys, it's a golden opportunity to provide the players with a new reason to give us money ! Get off your asses and create an event immediately !"

And so the "Festival of Lliira" was invented...

They replaced the NPC that gave out launch event quests with a new NPC that gives out festival quests. And a set of small launcher tubes ina few places around the city. 

If you didn't receive the email, you most likely would have no idea there's an event taking place...

Do the 30sec event "quest" five days in a row, and you can get a free copy of one of the ugliest masks ever to appear in an MMO.

BUT, if you somehow miss out a day or 2 and don't get your tokens, you can always BUY extra ones with... Tarmalune Trade Bars !

In case you didn't know, these Trade Bars come from Nightmare Lockboxes. You get "approximately" 10 bars per lockbox.

Now the Lockboxes can only be opened with Magic Keys, which can be bought in the Zen Shop.

But, other than the half-assed festival effort, this weekend at least has a Double Astral Diamond special going, so you can earn twice as many raw AD when you're grinding...