Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu World PvP 1080P

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Lil something something. World PvP in Age of Wushu. 

Enjoy!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Here's a couple more videos..

Guild cart robbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=--LRIDXMwUs

Script stealing here - Robbing the robbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=X-qynEPJgGg

This type of thing happens everyday, and in different forms in Wushu. 

No real people were hurt, no one died IRL, and no one who didn't want to be involved is involved image

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

Hehe nice video.  And nice of you to show the level of participation that is actually going on in a game that everyone supposedly hates. 

Uh oh, here they come again....wait!  Let me!

"Uh yeah that's nice, too bad the interface......"

"Yeah! But if you come to Wulin you can do it in ENGLISH!!"

".....if you want to runny around and quest all day."

"Yadda......yadda......yadda....the graphics."

Did I cover it all?

Oh wait, my own personal gripe...."I hate tangmen"  :)

Originally posted by jesad

Hehe nice video.  And nice of you to show the level of participation that is actually going on in a game that everyone supposedly hates. 

Uh oh, here they come again....wait!  Let me!

"Uh yeah that's nice, too bad the interface......"

"Yeah! But if you come to Wulin you can do it in ENGLISH!!"

".....if you want to runny around and quest all day."

"Yadda......yadda......yadda....the graphics."

Did I cover it all?

Oh wait, my own personal gripe...."I hate tangmen"  :)

People all over the place, go figure. Plus, since they don't have to quest, THEY GET TO PLAY THE GAME. imageimagehahaha

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

There is nothing more pathetic in AoW than darting Tang...

bcbully
    Originally posted by Gdemami

There is nothing more pathetic in AoW than darting Tang...

Sure there is. Kicking Scholar, Windchasing Blade Wanderer, Rosy Cloud Emei, plenty of worse things. 

Buff Tangmen!!!

Originally posted by bcbully

plenty of worse things. 

Nah, except the WV(that does not even belong on list) all come after the Tang.

Sadly game balance is horrid in this game - no trade offs so some classes(the ones you mentioned) can easily stack dmg, tank and cc.

plenty of worse things. 

Nah, except the WV(that does not even belong on list) all come after the Tang.

Sadly game balance is horrid in this game - no trade offs so some classes(the ones you mentioned) can easily stack dmg, tank and cc.

All schools are OP.... Balance is not something you hear brought up much in Wushu. Every school, every player has tools. What's your school? Begger? Shaolin? Tangmen can be scissors to their paper. 

As a Tangmen, I HATE Scholars. They can charge, charge me down and almost one shot me at times. Feedz, WV is top arena rating , and it's not even close.  Shaolin won the 150k invitational. Emei is almost unkillable.

This is one of the cool things about Wushu. All sets have tools, but it's the players that make them OP. The way they build (over months) the way they play, and the situation. No two toons are the same. On top of the all skills are available to you. This isn't a WoW rng to hit type system either. You have a block button, and unlimited movement. 

Good luck catching this Tangmen in the open world ;) I'll admit I OP when it comes to that :p I'm just too fast. I made it like that though. 

Originally posted by bcbullyI'll admit I OP when it comes to that :p I'm just too fast.

That is not YOU as a player and has nothing to do with your skills, it is just very bad balance(not surprising you get mistaking player skill for bad design/balance).

Everyone hates scholars just like they hate Tangs, because they are both bad design. They are not "tools", they are broken.

Just because you can pick and skill up those broken skills/skill sets does not make it less imbalanced, on the contrary - you have to fight fire with fire.

There is completely missing any balancing concept - you if you want speed, you have to sacrifice something but Tangs don't. They get it all - speed, damage, cc. Same also applies to certain other skill sets/schools.

I'll admit I OP when it comes to that :p I'm just too fast.

That is not YOU as a player and has nothing to do with your skills, it is just very bad balance(not surprising you get mistaking player skill for bad design/balance).

Everyone hates scholars just like they hate Tangs, because they are both bad design. They are not "tools", they are broken.

Just because you can pick and skill up those broken skills/skill sets does not make it less imbalanced, on the contrary - you are fighting fire with fire.

There is completely missing any balancing concept - you if you want speed, you have to sacrifice something but Tangs don't. They get it all - speed, damage, cc. Same applies for other skill sets/schools.

Balance is a myth. Wushu gives you tools. Players make sets OP in Wushu. I go against the grain.

1. The way the build. Do you know what it takes for me to be so fast? One of our school sets give me a 50% movment speed buff, I bought the Wanderer's Valley movement speed skill, I bought "Speed up without a tace" flying skill (this is the key it allows me to break the speed limit) you see that at the end of the first clip. I also use the Tangmen parry buff that gives speed boost when I block. Plus I will use speed pills.

2. You see near the end of the first clip, how I ran up the stairs into the little room (my expeience) and put my parry buff on? Then I let the other guy hit my block. I did this to proc the buff, skill (watch the vid),  then whooosh I was gone. 

It took me 6 months to make this build, and a lot of saving. My planning, and skill made this happen. Out the box Tangmen are second squshiest school. I didn't try to change this by building defense meridians, I embraced it and went with speed and dodge. If I'm cornered, I get beat down. 

If you thinking "X skill is OP" then try to buy it, you're doing it wrong, and you will waste a lot of ding and time. You get the tools to do you. All schools, all sets have weakness. Tell me what school you play, or even come duel with me if your on BlueDragon. I might be able to help with your Tangmen issues.

Originally posted by bcbullyBalance is a myth.

"Balance is a myth" is just fairly silly excuse for bad design. No more, no less.

Your arguments are invalid. You excuse bad design with "work" it supposedly took you to achieve, that's irrelevant and as I said earlier, that does not make it less broken.

In order to balance out your speed there would be 2 things needed:

1) You would need to give up something for that speed(usually damage and cc).
    2) There would need to be available way how to exploit the weakness represented by trade off you made.

Neither is present in the game.

Balance is a myth.

"Balance is a myth" is fairly silly excuse for bad design. No more, no less.

At no point in time has any mmorpg been balanced to everyone satisfaction. Balance is a myth. 

In a game like WoW or most traditional mmorpgs, all classes are given all tools, and a hit is 100% decided on RNG. This is bad design. This leads to a constant tweeking of numbers. 

In Wushu if you get hit, it's no ones fault but your own. You made a mistake, and did not block the attack. You did not move out of the attack. There is no other way to look at it. When you do look at it like this, you can start to build to fill in your schools deficient areas. For example Tangmen being primarily a ranged school, I had to find melee skills I could use in close quarter combat. 

Will you tell me what school you play? I've asked 3 times now.

At no point in time has any mmorpg been balanced to everyone satisfaction. In a game like WoW or most traditional mmorpgs, all classes are given all tools, and a hit is 100% decided on RNG. This is bad design. This leads to a constant tweeking of numbers. In Wushu if you get hit, it's no ones fault but your own. You made a mistake, and did not block the attack.

Your whole post is invalid.

1) That does not make it a myth not it excuse the lack of balancing concept.

2) That is not a bad design, it is a different combat system/game design.

3) If I face ie. dagger tang and I do not block, I get stunned. If I block, I also get stunned(after knockdown) - not to say Tangs then get 1 hit rage after they apply their stun.

Similar applies for scholars, shaolins, etc.

There is no mistake made on my end, it is just bad design - win win situation for other party.

At no point in time has any mmorpg been balanced to everyone satisfaction.

In a game like WoW or most traditional mmorpgs, all classes are given all tools, and a hit is 100% decided on RNG. This is bad design. This leads to a constant tweeking of numbers.

In Wushu if you get hit, it's no ones fault but your own. You made a mistake, and did not block the attack.

Your whole post is invalid.

1) That does not make it a myth not it excuse the lack of balancing concept.

2) That is not a bad design, it is a different combat system/game design.

3) If I face ie. dagger tang and I do not block, I get stunned. If I block, I also get stunned(after knockdown) - not to say Tangs then get 1 hit rage after they apply their stun.

Similar applies for scholars, shaolins, etc.

There is no mistake made on my end, it is just bad design - win win situation for other party.

You still wont tell me what school you play... I'm trying to help. I've asked 4 times for no other reason.

For the highlighted. Three things you said here. 

1. Tang have a stun on a 8 second CD. You always try to block it. 

2. The tangmen block break. You can either step back a few feet, or restrain it with an attack. Do not stand infornt of any school holding your block. Bad things will happen. That's bad play.

3. The only way a Tang (or any school) gets to rage is if you repeatedly hit their block, 10 or more times. That's bad game play.

So how do you play it? While out of melee range you hold your block, until the Tangmen throws his stun dart. Once he does that, you have 8 seconds to do whatever you can. Once the 8 seconds is up hold block again out of range. In the mean time make sure your not spamming skills on his block giving him rage. 

I seldom play Tang dagger because of it's weakness. If I get no stun, I can do no damage. Most high (skill) level players will block and wait until I burn it. 

Originally posted by bcbullyI seldom play Tang dagger because of it's weakness.

That pretty much explains your whole misconception about the game.

You see the game via myopatic perception of dart Tang(giving false illusion of player skill). Demonstration is the post you have just made("How to play it"), not understanding how to play a melee Tang(your own school set).

1) You do not block a Tang stun as it is an instant, targeted hit. The moment you drop your block, you get stunned.

2) Bad things always happen when you face skilled Tang as I explained in my previous post(something apparently you cannot know since you play darts...).

Melee tang does not dart you from range, he charges you because he knows he will get a stun on you(sooner or later), it is a win win situation for him. Your idea that dagger Tang will try to stay at range, waiting to stun you is silly.

Having cc on skill + feint is what makes the game stupidly broken on several skill sets/schools opening up the way to stun locks.

3) As a tang, you get your rage build up quickly just due your multiple hit attacks, even without parrying much yourself.

That is also how you actually play Tang. You charge in, build rage quickly, place easy stun and 1 hit your enemy with Whale. You don't really need much skill for that.

Of course, compared to Darts, all melee is weak but from all melee styles, Dagger tang is far from weak.

Go and play some ie. RG blade skill set to understand how melee works in core - no silly stunlocks and 1 hit rage(still fairly decent tho).

I seldom play Tang dagger because of it's weakness.

You see the game via myopatic perception of dart Tang(giving false illusion of player skill). Demonstration is the post you have just made("How to play it"), not understanding how to play a melee Tang(your own school set).

1) You do not block a Tang stun as it is an instant, targeted hit. The moment you drop your block, you get stunned.

2) Bad things always happen when you face skilled Tang as I explained in my previous post(something apparently you cannot know since you play darts...).

Melee tang does not dart you from range, he charges you because he knows he will get a stun on you(sooner or later), it is a win win situation for him. Your idea that dagger Tang will try to stay at range, waiting to stun you is silly.

Having cc on skill + feint is what makes the game stupidly broken on several skill sets/schools opening up the way to stun locks.

3) As a tang, you get your rage build up quickly just due your multiple hit attacks, even without parrying much yourself.

That is also how you actually play Tang. You charge in, build rage quickly, place easy stun and 1 hit your enemy with Whale. You don't really need much skill for that.

Of course, compared to Darts, all melee is weak but from all melee styles, Dagger tang is far from weak.

Go and play some ie. RG blade skill set to understand how melee works in core - no silly stunlocks and 1 hit rage(still fairly decent tho).

If you watch the Video, you will see that I was playing a lot of perish blade. I think I played 3 sets.

I would love to continue the conversation, but it's really hard when you wont tell me your school I've asked 5 times now. You are telling your story with no context. It's kinda like a dart from a roof top. I can't tell where you're coming from. 

I'm not going to question your skill, but I know I get beat everyday. I beat a lot of people too. Shaolin won the invitational., and from this Tangmen's perspective, the strongest player on BlueDragon is a Wanderer. 

btw - I just did a 15 min. arena with an Emei. I got a kill at the 1 minute mark. I have 10 minutes of it on video. 

edit - Just got beat by a Royal Guard. 1-3...

Should be HUGE epic school wars to night. WV is going after Wudang's treasure!

You can see a clip of school wars in the 3rd scene in the video. That is a small clip of when Tagmen, outnumbered almost 3-1 slaughtered the oncoming Emei, Wudang, Scholar, and Royal Guard alliance on TANGMEN MOUNTAIN! I wish I had the whole thing. The died by the hundreds in the poison on the mountain.

Here's a couple more videos..

Guild cart robbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=--LRIDXMwUs

Script stealing here - Robbing the robbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=X-qynEPJgGg

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243

I seldom play Tang dagger because of it's weakness.

Hehe, yep that's "pvpers" in my experience.

I happen to play 4-6 sets during a duel. Why would I just use tang dagger? Only if my opponent is bad. Tang dagger is for swallowing whales. I take small bites fist though. You can't swallow a whale whole ;) 
    New Video!!! I placed it in OP, and moved the last down one. Age of Wushu PvP clips. This is what PvP looks like in Wushu.