Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are we ever going to see a new single player elder scrolls now?

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
Like the title says now that there is an mmo will we ever see another single player Elder scrolls game? I really enjoyed Morrowind, Oblivion was ok and skyrim was great, it would be really sad if they stopped making the single player games.

Comments

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Well I sure as hell hope so.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Im sure we will, at least i hope so.  I think so because the mmo takes place hundreds of years in past so the single player games will be forward from skyrim as skyrim was after oblivion.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Ya I am hoping so too but who knows they may decide to say if you want to play an elder scrolls game than play the mmo.
  • davestr1zldavestr1zl Member Posts: 218

The single player games are made by Bethesda Game Studios, which is completely different to the devs making the MMO (ZeniMax Online Studios). Bethesda will almost certainly continue to make the single player games.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by davestr1zl

The single player games are made by Bethesda Game Studios, which is completely different to the devs making the MMO (ZeniMax Online Studios). Bethesda will almost certainly continue to make the single player games.

This.

they even said that they were going to leave Bethesda as a consultant only so that they could concentrate on what the do best, make single player games.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i think they already said they wont add new stuff to Skyrim so that could possibly mean they will start working on TES VI any day. Remember that Bethesda team makes TES, and Zenimax team makes TESO. Im sure it will come after TESO launches.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    i think they already said they wont add new stuff to Skyrim so that could possibly mean they will start working on TES VI any day. Remember that Bethesda team makes TES, and Zenimax team makes TESO. Im sure it will come after TESO launches.

I'm hoping for Fallout 4 before TES 6.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    fallout 4 has been confirmed (no link to prove sorry) but you can google around for it. Pretty sure that skyrim isnt the end of the series when they been making TES games for so many years. I still play skyrim daily myself with mods and cannot even fathom a mmorpg out there now that comes close to the awesome combat and mechanics of skyrim so I too pray that TESO isnt the last in the series.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

All they have said is that they are moving onto something else besides Skyrim and have teased about some secret RPG project which we may not hear anything about until maybe E3 next year considering the Development Cycles of these types of games which are normally about 3 or so years.

I saw this quote a few times "Bethesda’s Pete Hines has said that the Skyrim team are already hard at work on a new single-player game, but don’t expect an announcement anytime soon."

Skyrim is the first single player game that I've played through completely since before WOW lol (whoops, except for Knights of the Old Republic :-) ). I'm also sad to see it kinda go as online won't be quite the same, but I'm hoping that there are enough similarities that perhaps it will still end up being my favorite MMO. Signs seem to point in that direction so I'm optimistic. Now back to trying to enjoy Rift .

There Is Always Hope!