Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Nvidia update bugged.

PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Just updated my Nvidia drivers to the 1st July one, huge problems. SW;TOR stopped working which was my first clue all was not well, but then other MMO's i tried to use wouldnt run either, eventually uninstalled the driver and did a clean install of the may driver and everything is working again, so if anyone is thinking of upgrading to the latest nvidia driver, make sure to create a system restore point first. image

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    thanks for the heads up.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Thats weird. I've never had a problem with their drivers. Is it a beta driver? Never had a problem with them either actually. But i will wait a few days to see if they fix them.

Thanks for letting us know about the new driver.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

You should do what I do before DL latest nvidia drivers, google for driver issues and read what problems people have with them.

I did as usually google it and read that the these drivers had blowns few graphic cards and showing other issues.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Using the newest drivers here and no problems at all with TOR or anything else on either of my machines.