Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Bazaar of the Four Winds Revealed, Coming July 9th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Continuing its amazing pace of development and content additions to Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet has announced that Bazaar of the Four Winds will be hitting live service on July 9th. The update will feature new events, new rewards, an account-based achievement reward system and a new PvP map, Skyhammer.

ArenaNet has been delivering new content to Guild Wars 2 at an increased pace since January, and is now maintaining a 14-day rate, bringing players exciting new features, events, rewards and storylines at a frequency unmatched by any other Western studio. Today’s decision affirms the studio’s continued commitment to that effort, and means players can expect Tyria to remain one of the most frequently updated and best supported online worlds in the industry.

In the newest update, Bazaar of the Four Winds, merchants are converging from all corners of Tyria to sell their wares. The gathering will feature more than just shady characters and risky trades because, this year, the mystical flying Zephyr Sanctum has landed, bringing magical crystals and amazing movement skills to traders and adventurers alike.

In addition to experiencing movement in a new way, players will partake in new themed-events and join in the thrill of the trade. Also included in this update:

New Events

• Belcher’s Bluff Mini-game: Players can put their Omnomberry Juice drinking skills to the test in this new, permanent mini-game, and challenge their friends in PvP mode.

• Sanctum Sprint Race: Navigate a dizzying obstacle course in this competitive race that will send players leaping over barriers and flying through the air.

• Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt: Players will need to show their mastery of wind, sun and lightning as they search for Sky Crystals and explore hard-to-reach places in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.

• Developer Livestream:  Get an early look inside the release during a preview livestream (www.twitch.tv/guildwars2) with ArenaNet developers on Monday, July 8 at noon (PT).

New Rewards

• Aspect Back Items: Players can compete in the Sanctum Sprint for a chance to earn one of three special back items representing the aspects of wind, sun and lightning.

• Personal Quartz Node: Once players complete the meta achievement for this release, their home instance will have a daily resource node, allowing the harvesting of quartz – a new material being introduced in this release for crafting new recipes.

• Zephyr Sanctum Model: Players who complete the Lessons from the Sky achievement will be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum, allowing them to view the ship at any time, even after it has flown away.

New Features

• Account Achievement Reward System: Starting with this release, players can unlock rewards like exclusive new armor skins, weapon skins and permanent account bonuses as they earn achievement points. They can also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as achievement scores grow.

• New PvP Map – Skyhammer: Players can battle for control of three capture points in the new Skyhammer map, a high-tech Asura lab packed with jump pads, shattering floor panels and a gigantic, mega cannon.

Find out more on the Guild Wars 2 page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Another content update. Unbelievable ANET I love u guys
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    new pvp map looks beautiful as always =]
  • Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    While nice, its still cookie cutter content updates. PLEASE release something with some meat, even if you have to purchase it.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Crusix221
    While nice, its still cookie cutter content updates. PLEASE release something with some meat, even if you have to purchase it.

Actually the Achievement update seems like a very "meaty" update. After all it seems like it will give some long term goals to people. Although I hate achievements and I would prefer something else.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Players can battle over control of 3 capture points, wow so original. I agree with Crusix, these are pretty small additions, nothing to keep people playing for a long time that's for sure.
  • BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    I hope those achievement unlocks will be rewarded for total achievement points rather than subgroups. I already have about 4k but i dont wvw much.
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Some stupid mini-games and a rehash of the same PvP map again.....

Wow they sure can pump out great content! /sarcasm

Steam: Neph

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

The tears of the haters are DELICIOUS!

The game is doing great and they just can't stand themselves.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    this going to be permanent or am i going to not be able to play this either?
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Every 14 days ?!

INSANE !!!!

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    You so crazy! Here have an egg roll.

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

From what i see, this update brings only permanent content, so sth for whiners

Achievment rewards seems pretty interesting :)

Originally posted by AZHokie54

If only this were true lol.  Haters have no problem with the game doing well.  I'm happy it's doing well.  However, it doesn't mean they did not fail epically on several accounts.  Mainly PvP.  I've actually heard very little if any dissent on that point either.  Also, the PvE content is so shallow it's no wonder it only takes 2 weeks to put out.   I can't believe any of the folks left at ANet actually worked on GW1 because besides the art style and using the same lore there's not a trace of GW in the game.

Originally posted by rastapastor

You missed the part where in the description of the mini-bazaar reward it says you can still see it "after the Bazaar leaves."  So yeah, more temp content.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Crusix221

They are working on that, more than likely. what other game has given you this much content in less than 1 year and free? I can't think of one - certainly the closest was Rift but still not in the same category.

Please be specific with what you want to see.....

Originally posted by Nephaerius

If only this were true lol.  Haters have no problem with the game doing well.  I'm happy it's doing well.  However, it doesn't mean they did not fail epically on several accounts.  Mainly PvP.  I've actually heard very little if any dissent on that point either.  Also, the PvE content is so shallow it's no wonder it only takes 2 weeks to put out.   I can't believe any of the folks left at ANet actually worked on GW1 because besides the art style and using the same lore there's not a trace of GW in the game.

Well, GW1 is in the past so of course there is no GW1 left - JEEZ. Understand the lore of the game BEFORE you actually comment.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    It is amazing what they can produce in such a short period of time. However there still lacking the fleshed out story that motivates you to play beyond getting more pointless items to clutter your bank. GW/ is a great game but I feel disconnected from the world. There doesn't seem to be fluidity within the lore like there was in GW1. Regardless what they have accomplished is quite impressive.
    Originally posted by botrytis

Well, GW1 is in the past so of course there is no GW1 left - JEEZ. Understand the lore of the game BEFORE you actually comment.

Uh?  How is that relevant to what I said at all?  Maybe you should read and comprehend before responding.  I was referring to the fact that many of the same employees that made GW1 such a great title are still working on GW2 yet underperforming.  I meant that on a systems level - ie PvP in GW2 is absolute garbage - there is no trace of the fact that any of these folks took anything from working on GW1.

GW1 - played for over 3 years.

GW2 - Most anticipated title for me ever..... lasted me 3 months tops. 

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by rastapastor

You missed the part where in the description of the mini-bazaar reward it says you can still see it "after the Bazaar leaves."  So yeah, more temp content.

Ye i missed that...hmm i think hanging out places like that should stay, cuz from what i see the artstyle of this place gonna be awesome. 

Originally posted by botrytis

Uh?  How is that relevant to what I said at all?  Maybe you should read and comprehend before responding.  I was referring to the fact that many of the same employees that made GW1 such a great title are still working on GW2 yet underperforming.  I meant that on a systems level - ie PvP in GW2 is absolute garbage - there is no trace of the fact that any of these folks took anything from working on GW1.

GW1 - played for over 3 years.

GW2 - Most anticipated title for me ever..... lasted me 3 months tops. 

I dont feel they are underperforming. In GW1 - we got Sorrow's Furnace 6 months out then we got Factions 6 months after that. People who say that they are currently putting out 'the same content' each patch should look at Factions - it is basically the same or similar content but just 2 new professions.....

They are pushing content out in GW2 and it seems they are trying to build on the story. I would hope we do get a chance to go to the Crystal Desert and see what it looks like there, since Glint is dead now. It would be a neat jaunt.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    I'm pretty sure anet said they would like to perfect domination mode before going onto other play styles in pvp. I'm pretty happy with this, considering i wouldn't want one type of map being under utilised because they are focusing on to many.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I simply LOVE this game !

Never ever before a game with or without subs gave all this content at this pace!

I <3 you ANET!

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Two new Mini games (one permanent?) Sanctum Sprint & Belcher's Bluff:

What's wrong with adding fun content in for the sake of being fun? I think this is a plus. If they're going to be adding permanent mini games to this game every two weeks, I'll be even more excited. The game could use more social tools, especially to bring people to the other 4 barren capital cities.

"In the upcoming Guild Wars 2 update, Bazaar of the Four Winds which will launch on July 9, players will be able to take part in Mario Kart-like races across a cliff in a floating city." Source

Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt:

Sounds like a lot more achievements to take people out into the open world, I think this is also a plus. I'm pretty excited to see what this looks like; I expect though everyone else will just ask Dulfy, hehe.

Personal Quartz Node: They're actually using our personal instances again? Maybe they'll actually make this an evolving/changing part of our character's story as the living world develops (like they promised pre-launch for our personal story).

New PvP Map: I'm not a fan of it and would love for them to add Guild Halls/unique GvG format or more PvP types, but there are people who enjoy the current mode. They deserve to be developed for too, lol

Account Achievement Reward System: I'm always wary about new progression/reward systems. I really dislike games that become more about the reward than the content (or worse, the reward is the content), and if they fall into the trap of catering exclusively to carrot chasers or increase the power gap, I'll probably not come back to this. That being said, this seems like it will be a pretty big change. i wonder what happens to people who've already earned 9000+ achievement points.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Good, because GW1 was terrible. I don't think I ever made it past level 8 in that game.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Amazing content pace. Not a fan of temporary content at the expense of permanent content. WTB a new lvl 80 zone.
    Kicking myself for blowing a night on a jumping puzzle. Man I'm bad at jumping in this game for some reason haha.