Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: EA Veteran Joins CCP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP Games has announced that former EA executive Sean Decker has joined the team. Decker will take the reins as CCP's Senior Vice President for Product Development.

Prior to his time leading EA’s “Play4Free” group, Decker served as vice president and general manager at DICE, where he oversaw the Battlefield and Mirror’s Edge franchises, and at EA’s Los Angeles studio, where he directed the Medal of Honor and Command & Conquer franchises.

Source: Email press release

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Now this is either going to be seen as "he hated EA so he left to join a company he respects". Or "CCP is hiring him to bring EA kinda profits and ruin the company".

• chrisatronchrisatron Member Posts: 139
    I do NOT like CCP and EA in the same sentence....
  • elcristelcrist Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by chrisatron
    I do NOT like CCP and EA in the same sentence....

+1

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Interesting. wonder if CCP is finally gonna be lifting their monthly sub. in the near future... coause i did not re-subbed after this month..spent all month skill training didnt even play new content.

sad really becouse this was my first ever mmo for 4.5 years then i discovered the mmo market -lol and all other games...lol

going back to a monthly sub...not sure id do it again.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    No.. No no no... World of Darkness just went into the toilet. They are bringing EA and EA tactics in for WoD...

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Might sound harsh but EA needs to be dismantled and everyone that worked for EA exiled into space to a different world far far away. Not liking this decision, I don't know much of the facts on this guy but my blind hate works for now.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

OMG who let down the firewall!

WHY!!!!!!

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by orbitxo

Interesting. wonder if CCP is finally gonna be lifting their monthly sub. in the near future... coause i did not re-subbed after this month..spent all month skill training didnt even play new content.

sad really becouse this was my first ever mmo for 4.5 years then i discovered the mmo market -lol and all other games...lol

After you finish slogging through F2P hell you'll feel differently about subs.  I just started playing EVE a little while ago and it's so nice not being slapped in the face with a gdamn cash shop every time try to do anything in a game. Iit's well worth the monthly cost, which is less than going to the movies once a month.

Besides, EVE does have a kind of F2P option. You just gotta make enough money in game.  Which I hear isn't that hard to do once you play for awhile. 

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    Nice, but was no reason to put EVE in the title ;/.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• dalewjdalewj Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by SBFord

and at EA’s Los Angeles studio, where he directed the Medal of Honor and Command & Conquer franchises.

The killing of C&C isn't exactly a resume maker.

HomePage/Gaming Blog - http://dalewj.com . MMORPGer - Current game: http://AfterWorld.ru .
    Author of Diaries of Afterworld- http://www.jconsult.com/afterworld and the Outside Sci-Fi series- http://www.jconsult.com/outside

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by orbitxo

I'd be surprised if they did; they lowered the UK sub for 1/3 a couple of years ago.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    CCP, it was nice knowing you.  You are about to fall to the Dark Side with an EA employee (former or not) on your payroll.  CASH SHOP AWAY!

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by KatlaOdindottir
    Nice, but was no reason to put EVE in the title ;/.

I would hope he goes to EVE and stays away from World of Darkness. My hopes for MMO's rests on that game, lol.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

i love how everyone thinks that if you work at ea you're evil. hasn't it been shown, and said, over and over again that it's ea's corporate nature that is so horrible, not the people who work there? honestly, everyone who posts in this thread saying that one guy who used to work at ea is contaminating ccp ought to be ashamed of themselves. oh, you worked at mcdonalds? well i'm not going to eat that salad you just made in your own house because it must be full of salt, fat, and calories. i mean. you worked at mcdonalds, and you and your employer are obviously alike in every way. jeez.

• RudderRudder Member UncommonPosts: 80
    He is being brought in for work on Dust 514. WoD is a lost cause.
  • XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    If they switch EVE F2P with cash shop, I be mad. Now if he works on DUST514, I have no problems with that  at all xD
    Originally posted by Rudder

linkk please.

Originally posted by Rudder

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-27-shining-a-light-on-ccps-world-of-darkness   this states it is still being worked on - though no beta has been announced and the release will not be before 2015. It is as of April this  year.

• RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198

Nah, don't like this at all. No sir.

On positive note if the guy ruin WoD vampires will hunt him down. :D

• ZheketriZheketri Member UncommonPosts: 23

@ElderRat

I was rather hoping I could repeatedly terrorize, as only a true Chile of Malkav can, any poor sod that chose to name their character "Edward" or "Bella."

Edit: Because the "reply" button doesn't seem to be doing its job.

• carebear77carebear77 Member Posts: 86

THis is the worst idea in the history of ccp,

STUFF OFF EA !!!

EA is always the first sign of cancer in any game company. Look what happened to bio-ware.

Sumhow they manage to kill all creativity. I know he is not with ea anymore , but still......

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

In other related news, CCP is hiring Kenneth Lay as COO, Bernie Madoff as Senior Accounting Director, Joseph Kony to head Human Resources, Glenn Beck as Lead Community Manager, and just for good measure, is putting Lil Wayne in charge of redoing all of EVE's music.

What could possibly go wrong?!

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    He is Caldari militia spy. We all know that
  • EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Heretique
    Might sound harsh but EA needs to be dismantled and everyone that worked for EA exiled into space to a different world far far away. Not liking this decision, I don't know much of the facts on this guy but my blind hate works for now.

I suggest they be buried alive on Ceti Alpha Five.