Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INSIDE ESO DUNGEONS

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/07/01/inside-eso-dungeons

So much derp.

I was excited when I saw the title, went and got myself a drink, then sat down to read 'a n00bs guide to WoW'.

Comments

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

ugly, boring fixed roles, yep will have to pass this one. not ES.

chances they add a "twist"? to save it?

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Did you guys even read it? It talks about mixing roles and being able to switch on the fly if need be. What more could you want? I will take this over some DPS spam fest any day. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• Total_HuntTotal_Hunt Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Did you guys even read it? It talks about mixing roles and being able to switch on the fly if need be. What more could you want? I will take this over some DPS spam fest any day. 

I'm sure that will just be a gimmick only possible in easy/leveling dungeons.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Total_Hunt

Because you've played and already know right? If you read the whole article, it also talks about different threat mechanics and AI for the monsters. If anything, this article made me more interested in the game. I wasn't even considering this game prior to this....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by Total_Hunt

I hope you're wrong but it sounds about right..

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

4-man party size is unacceptable.  Did we not learn from TOR?

My preferred minimum is 6.

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    I have no idea why people would complain about the trinity class system......... ZERG-fest gw2 style is soooooo boring in pve. Works well in pvp, but I and plenty others would prefer a role.
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

For what i read it is exactly what your describing.

"Make sure your party has at least one player that can heal the group."

That's what triggered the  "oh wait' moment.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• MiliMili Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by Carnicide
    I have no idea why people would complain about the trinity class system......... ZERG-fest gw2 style is soooooo boring in pve. Works well in pvp, but I and plenty others would prefer a role.

i agree, the trinity is the only system that works atm.

GW2 dungeons are a boring mess.

Also i like to play healer/tank those roles often have the most influence in battles.

its like a company Tank(Boss) Healer(Assistant) DD's(brainless worker bees ;p)

even in the sandboxiest sandbox game where you can do anything there will always be ppl that tank and ppl that heal its just the most efficient way.

but yeah i know anyone wants to do anything... that'll work for sure....

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Might end up being a decent game, but it won't be elder scrolls.  Believe I'll pass on this one. 
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Mixing roles like how WoW has the dual talent specs or Rift with their role soul swapping?

Swapping specs is hardly anything new and is really a standard feature nowadays and it was something revealed ages ago.

Nice to hear that they are keeping the trinity but it still is an utter crap article of false hope for some tangible info.  All the info in there was a "no shit sherlock" kind of info.

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Interesting read and quite revealing, yet:

Utilizing the Holy Trinity will cater to the indoctrinated mindset most MMORPG players have come accustomed to...switching roles on the fly is unique though

4 in a group is ingenious yet make the MOBs smarter so players have exciting, intense battles instead of rushing thru trivial AI thats easily manipulated without effort which makes the gameplay dull and boring overall.

Pack mentality sounds interesting...yet where is the immersion with MOBs waiting in line to attack?!?

Uh why don't you throw almost everything out with the traditional threat system where the tank has to actually give some real effort and the MOBs switch targets alot and the tank has to reaggro them until they are simply not interested and intelligent MOBs shouldn't be so easily manipulated as this is a fight to the death...again where is the immersion??

Seriously why would you go so indepth with this tutorial at least 9 months from release...gg wtf are you thinking??

• NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe Member Posts: 88

So happy about this :) 

I hate how the people that play DPS severly number of people that play Healers and Tanks. GW2 just catered to those who played DPS and if you didn't enjoy mashing your keyboard all day long to kill mobs then the game was boring as hell. 

Worried about the 4 player group size for various reason, although it might spark something new.

I forget people here, on this site can never make their mind up, they want one thing but really want another thing. You guys don't like games that are like wow but complain when games don't have elements that are like wow. 

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Why only limit to four?

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    Why only limit to four?

4 allows ESO to tweak, refine, and polish their PvE content dynamic element during stages of their development and testing phases...in otherwords its better to start out simple then build upon it from there

This may be an Elder Scrolls game, its ultimately a MMORPG with many facets of game mechanics, lore, and design to carefully consider being part of the Elder Scrolls legacy before the masses get their hands on it

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Well that's it. The last interesting feature of this game is gone.

This has gone through so much back peddling and revision it's scary. Matt Frior had a vision for a good game. Whoever is publishing this, has stripped it of that vision.

One of the very first things Matt said about the game was that the dungeons would be PUBLIC and huge, focused on people sharing the space, like DAoC dungeons. 

Now that's gone.

And so now, my interest is gone.

I suspected it was axed ages ago when they stopped mentioning it and started lauding instances and phased gameplay. You can't have proper public dungeons AS WELL as instanced dungeons. One gets undermined by the other. So, they scrapped the good dungeons and went with WoW dungeons.

I figure they are focusing mainly on allowing previous Elder Scrolls fans to enjoy PvE aspect of previous games whilst concentrating on the PvP dynamic being played out in Cryodiil

Technological Barriers is always something that gets in the way of vision when it comes to MMOs

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Why do people get so surprised that a mmo has a holy trinity system for group roles?  Would you rather have it like in GW2 where its just absolute chaos majority of the time in a dungeon which leads to many wipes?  At least their threat system is different and we can spend more time looking at whats going on screen rather than a hotbar.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    A decent themepark mmo? Probably. A Elder Scrolls game? Definitely not. Ill pass.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Alders

I'd rather have 8 to 9 but that's because I think you need more roles other then tank, healer, DPS.  There should be support buffer/debuffer, Crowd Controller, and puller.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    A decent themepark mmo? Probably. A Elder Scrolls game? Definitely not. Ill pass.

I'm afraid it's going to be too much Elder Scrolls meaning zero endgame.

What we need is more MMO features and as it stands if youre not into PvP, this looks like another 3 monther.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Alders

I'd rather have 8 to 9 but that's because I think you need more roles other then tank, healer, DPS.  There should be support buffer/debuffer, Crowd Controller, and puller.

Oh i agree. but 6 is my minimum.

I'm tired of only really requiring a good tank and healer and everyone else can be comatose and still complete a dungeon.

I want a bard, debuffer, and CC'er in every group.  Tank and healer makes 5, so with a few dps, we're leaning towards 8-man groups.  That sounds like a lot more fun to me.

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368

ESO is phased and instanced anyway, so why cant they just scale the dungeons to the size of the group? 4, 6, 8, 10, whatever.

I dont understand Zenimax's fascination with "restrictions".

Race=Faction, 4 person Group limit. Whats next? Only Male avatars can fight in Cyrodiil, Female avatars must stay back and cook sweetrolls?

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

4 Man is refreshingly simple yet challenging, yet gives them a chance to concentrate on the PvE dynamic as they are trying to appease Elder Scrolls fans and MMORPG fans which would be huge undertaking imo...

Also, there is no doubt they can double, triple, quadruple, etc...the required number of players for added tougher instances, events, scenerios on the fly (with downloaded content)

Ya'll are funny; Posting how your not even giving the game a chance and were 9 months from release

Reminds me of something...

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    I laugh at the first couple negative posts... hehe. Sounds pretty awesome if it turns out like it reads.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"