Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You want to know the over all reaction to FFXIV:ARR?

Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
This sums up 98% of the community . The other 2% are trolls , F2P nutts , Or people who are way to involved in there current MMO but keep coming back to check up on ARR wonder why? :)

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I am sorry mate..... your estimation of 98% does not compete...

And here a poll to prove it.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Because a poll on this thread will give you an even more accurate depiction of what the vast majority of people think of the game right? You will prove nothing. 

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Dr_Shivinski

Because a poll on this thread will give you an even more accurate depiction of what the vast majority of people think of the game right? You will prove nothing. 

^

Lol @ those who use random individual polls/data to make statistical inferences.

They don't understand how polls and sample size work.

Obviously the 98% was an estimation/exaggeration

(sighs) Don´t take this shit to serious mate...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by jskeets916

^

Lol @ those who use random individual polls/data to make statistical inferences.

No, but someone that claims that 98% of the people will love this game, that should not be taken serious at all... 

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Are your feelings hurt because some people don't like your game?  Buck-up dude, life is going to throw much worse at you before the end.

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by jskeets916

^

No, but someone that claims that 98% of the people will love this game, that should not be taken serious at all... 

Indeed a fair point.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

It's really no surprise this board is filled with haters considering you're trolling them like you are, Inigo_Montoya.

Thanks a lot.

I try . But how one can take the post serious with that absurd video is beyond me . However I do feel that the 2% have shown up so far lol . It was a funny video I found and shared to break up all the stupid hate out there . But I do in fact realistically think 94% of the people who have tested the game ARR ( not 1.0 ) Love this game . The rest cry for it to go F2P , or cry that it is nothing new but keep playing it witch if you don't like it why keep playing it always confused by that logic. And the rest have not touched the game and are going off incomplete data they seen 8 months to 2 years ago .  But again this was just a silly video I found and laughed and thought these message boards need a good  FFXIV:ARR related laugh .

And I already did a ruff poll with real responses from real people http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/387998/page/8

115 yes to 22 no and that was not counting the last page of yes and no votes

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

My honest reaction was: This feels exactly like playing WoW only with amazing graphics and slutty catgirls/boys running everywhere.  Five years invested in WoW has scared me on traditional themeparks and I really can't seem to enjoy them anymore. 

What I'm really curious about is if this is just me.  Is there anyone here who spent a significant amount of time in WoW (like 3+ years) and is excited for this game?

Originally posted by reeereee

My honest reaction was: This feels exactly like playing WoW only with amazing graphics and slutty catgirls/boys running everywhere.  Five years invested in WoW has scared me on traditional themeparks and I really can't seem to enjoy them anymore. 

What I'm really curious about is if this is just me.  Is there anyone here who spent a significant amount of time in WoW (like 3+ years) and is excited for this game?

I know it is hard to believe but some people never played WoW . So for me it is a old battle system and new up to date MMO standards just done very well in a beautiful world . Best looking MMO out there right now and its only DX9 . DX11 is coming next year . Every answer to that question will be a yes ( ok most will be ) Because it is asked every time any new MMO comes out . Check the beta forums look for Phase 3 test 1 is over then Phase 3 test 2 is over a crap ton of people love this game . Check YouTube out I have yet to hear one bad thing about it .

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Yeah I played WoW for about 4 1/2 years and I really enjoyed what I have played in this game. The only thing that really reminds me of WoW is the tab targetting and the UI hotbars.  I haven't played all that much of FFXIV, but my experiences have been great thus far.

• peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176

spent less than 3 month with wow and played most big named  MMOs and this just isn't fun to play for me, maybe it's just themeparks in general with every one having the " I've already done this before " just under a new name. 

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I would say its more 60/40, and the rabid fanboys are up to the same excuses like in 1.0 beta (just an observation)

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• DarkVergilDarkVergil Member Posts: 73

This game is a WoW clone. Nothing more nothing less.

Will it have anywhere near as many subs as WoW? Hell no.

Will it go free to play like all the failed WoW clones before it? Who knows.

Is it innovative? Not in the slightest.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by DarkVergil

More a rift/gw2 clone than wow.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This thread is bad for any game let alone FFXIV.How about just let people play and decide for themselves,tons of games for everyone to choose.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Inigo_Montoya
    This sums up 98% of the community . The other 2% are trolls , F2P nutts , Or people who are way to involved in there current MMO but keep coming back to check up on ARR wonder why? :)

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm for XIV Inigo, this sort of Hype creation does not do fans any favours, it creates to much hype, I enjoy the game as much as you do, but the last thing I like to see as for any game from experience is over hyping a game.

I agree the game is good from my point of view, not everyone will see it that way.  The last game I was really stoked for was GW2 I quit after a month because it didnt live up to the expectations that was built up before release.  Calm down and let people judge from their own perspective, even if they do get their information wrong, and reading many anti-ffxiv posts there are plenty.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

I don't get why people make posts like this. Literally serves no purpose. This game is not a WoW clone. Technically the only WoW clone games out there would be the servers we're not allowed to talk about. Chances are you probably logged in. Noticed it had tab targetting and a hotbar, and then dismissed this game immediately. Subs? Noone knows how popular this game will get. Chances are it won't get as many subs as WoW, because NO GAME has ever had as many subs as WoW. Talking about a game in beta going f2p is pointless. Innovation.. such a relative term. If you play a game that has a feature that you've never seen before, than it is 'innovative'. The MMOs that truly are innovative - most people aren't playing. Because it's not what they're used to. FFXIV is a breath of fresh air for a lot of people. Does it have similarities from other games? Yeah.. show me a popular MMO that doesn't. You can't. It doesn't exist. Because evolution doesn't typically work that way.

• DarkVergilDarkVergil Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by mcrippins

I don't get why people make posts like this. Literally serves no purpose. This game is not a WoW clone. Technically the only WoW clone games out there would be the servers we're not allowed to talk about. Chances are you probably logged in. Noticed it had tab targetting and a hotbar, and then dismissed this game immediately. Subs? Noone knows how popular this game will get. Chances are it won't get as many subs as WoW, because NO GAME has ever had as many subs as WoW. Talking about a game in beta going f2p is pointless. Innovation.. such a relative term. If you play a game that has a feature that you've never seen before, than it is 'innovative'. The MMOs that truly are innovative - most people aren't playing. Because it's not what they're used to. FFXIV is a breath of fresh air for a lot of people. Does it have similarities from other games? Yeah.. show me a popular MMO that doesn't. You can't. It doesn't exist. Because evolution doesn't typically work that way.

Bro, the game is a complete WoW clone and has no where near the amount of depth nor complexity FFXI had in it's prime ( Not talking about the casual whorefest that game is now.).

It's obvious they're trying to appeal to a western audience to "steal" some of WoW's sub base, but like all the other mmorpg's that have tried to do so, it just doesn't fucking work that way.

You either create your own shit (Guild wars 2, EvE, Archeage) or you go free to play. The only reason why FFXI still has subs to this day is because it is entirely different from WoW in every way of the matter. 

Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Originally posted by Inigo_Montoya

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm for XIV Inigo, this sort of Hype creation does not do fans any favours, it creates to much hype, I enjoy the game as much as you do, but the last thing I like to see as for any game from experience is over hyping a game.

I agree the game is good from my point of view, not everyone will see it that way.  The last game I was really stoked for was GW2 I quit after a month because it didnt live up to the expectations that was built up before release.  Calm down and let people judge from their own perspective, even if they do get their information wrong, and reading many anti-ffxiv posts there are plenty.

Ohh Cod-Eye you should know im just having fun on the message boards . Trying to make people laugh and not be so serious all the time . I mean I am a champion of this game and of SE ill admit that flat out . But I am also honest . If the game truly was garbage I would say it was garbage . There are things I Love and things I hate but the love out weighs the hate . And more over this game is rare because it is fun and addicting . BUT again do not take my word when Phase 4 is live ( open beta) anyone who has doubts should check it out .

Originally posted by mcrippins

Bro, the game is a complete WoW clone and has no where near the amount of depth nor complexity FFXI had in it's prime ( Not talking about the casual whorefest that game is now.).

It's obvious they're trying to appeal to a western audience to "steal" some of WoW's sub base, but like all the other mmorpg's that have tried to do so, it just doesn't fucking work that way.

You either create your own shit (Guild wars 2, EvE, Archeage) or you go free to play. The only reason why FFXI still has subs to this day is because it is entirely different from WoW in every way of the matter. 

O...K . Here is the thing ARR works like this . It is for solo and party hard core gamers . I will tell you why . All the quests in the game are one and done quests . Meaning that at some point you will have no quest EXP to get or more over no Solo EXP unless you do FATE and GuildLeves . And you can only do so many Guildleves a day . This would be for the solo player to get one maybe 2 50s at most . The game at Level 15 if you do the story quest makes you party . You can not advance the story quest until you group up and finish the first 3 dungeons . There are no solo dungeons .

Now for the Hard core gamer / Party gamer . There are Guildhests that are party based guildleves to be done with a group of people . There will be 40+ dungeons to party in and level up in at launch . Again after the quests are gone the best way to level is dungeons you gain the most EXP in a dungeon . So you can gain more then 2 50s witch the hardcore gammer would want to max out every class and job wile the casual would like just one or two and play every so often .

For casual gamers and hardcore gamers the Duty Finder is a cross server auto group system that if you need to do a dungeon you can add yourself to the que and proceed to the dungeon when the party is full and ready . So there is no down time waiting to group up .

Remember FFXIV V1 created there own shit and it was just that shit. So the argument there doesn't work . If you are in the beta test  make a CHR this weekend on Diabolos server and message me Inigo Montoya and ill be happy to group with you when I am on .

• redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220
    That video was an accurate portrayal of my current addiction TT^TT

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    That video has scarred me for life.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Those guys were a hoot!
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

Soooo.....What were they watching that had them cheering so hard ?

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.