Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not bother trying this one

DeepcutsDeepcuts Member UncommonPosts: 22

Indeed, I might be spoiled by another MMO, but God damn, this game is a turd.

No wonder they went F2P.

They would better go Pay2Play or they will loose their free players also. As in: the players should be payed to play.

My advice: do not even bother with this game.

Comments

• Jasper300Jasper300 Member Posts: 62

how ?

this game is solid and polished.....

what don't you like ?

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Not that I think the world of Rift, but if you're going to completely disparage a game, you might want to use some specifics that turdify the game for you.  Otherwise, one might start to think you're trolling a bit here.
  • TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    WTF are you talking about?  Rift is by far one of the better themeparks.  If you don't like it then you probably aren't into themepark games. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Deepcuts

No wonder they went F2P.

They would better go Pay2Play or they will loose their free players also. As in: the players should be payed to play.

"this game is a turd... because... "

If you are going to criticize a game at least give the reasons why.

Otherwise all you are doing is trolling. Do you really want to be that guy?

So "why do you think this game is a 'turd'"? Maybe you can help steer some people away who share your viewpoint but might also solidify some people's reasons for possibly trying the game if they don't share your viewpoint.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • oGMooGMo Member UncommonPosts: 89

I tried it just recently and I disagree that it's a turd, relatively speaking. It's a themepark MMO and it's decent. Looks like a fair amount of customization etc, but I didn't play much.

The cash shop really turned me off .. so much upgrade stuff and the prices are rather ridiculous and everything is per-character. The subscription option didn't really mitigate any of this ... no unlocked anything. But I guess this is sortof a personal thing; if I like an MMO, I want to like it enough to sub, and the sub should be worth it, not $20-$30-ing me (times many characters) for everything.

I sortof wish it had stayed P2P. But I moved on now.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    I do not think rift is turd I played it for a good long time and only stopped when most of my friends left for swtor now they are all back playing rift.My wife has been playing rift for 2 years and she loves it.
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

The trolls get so fat on this site because everyone here does nothing but feed them over and over.

I personally don't like Rift and even I can see this as a troll thread. Just don't respond to such threads and let them go away.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Stop voicing your opinions and let people make their own decisions.
  • krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

No wonder they went F2P.

What a filling and insightful explanation as to what you don't like about RIFT. Your detailed descriptions of the things you didn't like were just overwhelming!  I think next time you should reduce the amount of time you spend typing and maybe just say "It SUCKED" instead of all that you did!  ROFL

Players like myself look for detailed in-depth bits and pieces of alot of things about games we like or might be interested in. Good or Bad, we absorb the information and it contributes to our desire to try or play any game. When you simply post like you did, it only makes other players feel like you are either a child or have a child like mentality , Neither of which do we give any credit to the content of what you have said. In fact, if hadn't already played 2 years of rift, i would probably try it from reading your post, instead of your intended message!  I personally Like RIFT, but i don't currently play it.  I would Highly reccomend it to any gamer looking for a fun game to play!

Better luck next time on your postings!

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    make some points about the game you dont like ..just dont flap your gums about it and not make a valid point..rift is a soild well polished game...and the f2p aspect only makes it more viable to all...
  • DeepcutsDeepcuts Member UncommonPosts: 22

Indeed, sorry for just throwing "turd" and left.

Wasted too much bandwidth downloading it and might have been a bit too disappointed after reading a couple of "positive"ish reviews.

It is like when you used to drive a Ferrari and you have to drive a family car. Just can't do it.

Very briefly.

I did not like at all:

- horrible character appearance. Could barely look at the create screen.

- horrible interface. Too many buttons are too small on a 1920x1080 resolution.

- inventory is more like a purse than an inventory. I can be expanded of course, but for first time impression, yuk.

- some classes I played did not allow me to attack while moving. Either root me in place or allow me. After several attempts I notices the barely visible warning about attacking while moving. yuk.

- several times while facing an enemy I got the "you must be facing the enemy" message. Really?

- character's animation is weird to say the least.

- cannot attack without TAB first or selecting an enemy. IT IS IN FRONT OF ME. Nope. Cannot hit it.

And the list could go on and on.

As I told you, I was spoiled by another "Ferrari" :)

Please, do try and see for yourself.

The "turd" is just my experience with the game.

PS: I am not trying to convince you of anything.

It is just my opinion to which I am entitled. As you.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Wasted too much bandwidth downloading it and might have been a bit too disappointed after reading a couple of "positive"ish reviews.

It is like when you used to drive a Ferrari and you have to drive a family car. Just can't do it.

Very briefly.

I did not like a all:

- inventory is more like a purse than an inventory. I can be expanded of course, but for first time impression, yuk.

- some classes I played did not allow me to attack while moving. Either root me in place or allow me. After several attempts I notices the barely visible warning about attacking while moving. yuk.

- several times while facing an enemy I got the "you must be facing the enemy" message. Really?

- cannot attack without TAB first or selecting an enemy. IT IS IN FRONT OF ME. Nope. Cannot hit it.

So your problem isn't with Rift so much as with Tab target games in general?

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Pray tell, what is your "Ferrari" of a game? So that we know what extensive knowledge you have of quality

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Harafnir
    Pray tell, what is your "Ferrari" of a game? So that we know what extensive knowledge you have of quality

My bet is it starts with a G and ends with a 2.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

Very briefly.

I did not like at all:

PS: I am not trying to convince you of anything.

It is just my opinion to which I am entitled. As you.

So, what is your Ferrari?  Don't get me wrong, never really could get into Rift myself but it might help if knew what you considered the sports car of MMOs.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by Harafnir

My bet is it starts with a G and ends with a 2.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/381/Galaxy-Online-2.html ??

Yes I had to search the game list just to see if I could make a joke out of that statement, surprisingly there was a game there.

• DeepcutsDeepcuts Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Stop voicing your opinions and let people make their own decisions.

You do realize this is a forums, right?

Or only "positive" opinions should be "voiced"?

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Since you do not provide any examples as to why rift is a "turd" im going to write you off as a troll. RIfts F2P launch has made the game flourish and its not even a freemium model. My guild is bumping and now we finally have enough people to start guild nights again. Good job Trion.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Since you do not provide any examples as to why rift is a "turd" im going to write you off as a troll. RIfts F2P launch has made the game flourish and its not even a freemium model. My guild is bumping and now we finally have enough people to start guild nights again. Good job Trion.

Read the second page. 

This discussion has been closed.