Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Game with warrior/paladin class in cool heavy armor and using shield

gajolmandgajolmand Member CommonPosts: 29

Title says it all. I am looking for a game in which i can play a warrior/paladin kind of character which uses heavy armor and can use a shield. 

The armor has to look really cool :)

Also i would prefer PvE based MMOs PvP is not my kinda thing.... ( I rage too hard)

Comments

• StimzStimz Member UncommonPosts: 79

I woulda suggested Warhammer online...but its mostly pvp..

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    The Paladin in Final Fantasy XI online looks amazing with mid to end game gear.
  • mitobunnymitobunny Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by gajolmand

Title says it all. I am looking for a game in which i can play a warrior/paladin kind of character which uses heavy armor and can use a shield. 

Also i would prefer PvE based MMOs PvP is not my kinda thing.... ( I rage too hard)

You and I have been waiting for the same thing for quite some time. Closest thing I can think of is the original RO (which is too dated now) and possibly GW2: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/17138/gw724.jpg

or Aion: http://static.na.aiononline.com/powerbook/aion/41/41/f9509641a27ce9089448b516.jpg

• gajolmandgajolmand Member CommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by mitobunny
    Originally posted by gajolmand

You and I have been waiting for the same thing for quite some time. Closest thing I can think of is the original RO (which is too dated now) and possibly GW2: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/17138/gw724.jpg

or Aion: http://static.na.aiononline.com/powerbook/aion/41/41/f9509641a27ce9089448b516.jpg

Im actually playing a guardian in GW2 at the moment, but they dont feel tanky at all. No matter what class you play in GW2 you take a buttload of damage if you dont kite the mobs around. And its damn annoying to kite mobs around because they spawn so close to each other and mobs have like a 30sec respawn time.

Ive tried Aion but didnt like the controls and such.

Im currently waiting on the new FF mmo coming out August 27, it has some neat looking gear and shields :)

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372

You might want to check out Rift.

Not all the armour looks awesome, but there are some nice pieces. And thanks to the wardrobe system in the game, you can look exactly like you want to.

------------------------------

• neoryudoneoryudo Member Posts: 15

you mean like this?

Final Fantasy XIV

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

If you want to play a Warrior / paladin then look no further than GW1, just ask any old player for a wammo warrior build, it's been years since I saw wammo's.

If you are looking for a Warrior or Paladin game play then honestly you won't do any worst than GW1, make sure you get the full set it costs about £15.

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by neoryudo

you mean like this?

Final Fantasy XIV

/thread right there folks.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Originally posted by Calhoun619

/thread right there folks.

Not even close.

Was, and still is, the best "LOOKING" tank class ever made. Damn shame it was BORING AS HELL to play though.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235

For Newer 2013 games...

Neverwinter - Guardian Fighter

I would ignore the FFXI Recommendation, UI there is hands down the worst of any MMO.  If you can get past that, then maybe.  Instead sign up for FFXIV Beta testing or wait for release in end of August.  You would want to start off as a Guardian Class and can use your sword and shield out of the starting gate and will be wanted to tank.  Job Change later into a Pally if you wish.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584

SO you like to Tank? Well here have your choice in what kind of tank you want to be defensive.

Gladiator

Paladin

Or Offensive Tank ?

Marauder

Or Warrior

All in Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Doctorhoo

For Newer 2013 games...

Neverwinter - Guardian Fighter

I would ignore the FFXI Recommendation, UI there is hands down the worst of any MMO.  If you can get past that, then maybe.  Instead sign up for FFXIV Beta testing or wait for release in end of August.  You would want to start off as a Guardian Class and can use your sword and shield out of the starting gate and will be wanted to tank.  Job Change later into a Pally if you wish.

The UI is the same as every mmo, you got a chat windows in the lower left, hotbars bottom center, mini map top right, inventory/skills/Social tabs/etc on the lower right.  And you can customize it if you please

EDIT: oops i read wrong, thought you meant XIV UI

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    C9
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Is there a game with a paladin that *doesn't* use heavy armor and a shield? :p
  • CadexnCadexn Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Is there a game with a paladin that *doesn't* use heavy armor and a shield? :p

scarlet blade

• Ocalypse0Ocalypse0 Member UncommonPosts: 19

I would suggest you look into trying a Guardian Fighter in Neverwinter. It provides a uniquely intricate and involved tanking experience where you are actively hitting buttons to cause damage and actively hitting a button to put up your shield to prevent taking damage.

It is also F2P, so you have nothing to lose. You won't be disappointed. 

Warrior/Druid - Level 90/90 - World of Warcraft
    GLD Level 27 - CNJ Level 15 - Final Fantasy XIV: ARR
    Jedi Guardian/Republic Gunslinger - Level 50/50 - SW:TOR
    Cleric - Level 48 - RIFT
    Illuminati - QL6 - The Secret World
    Trickster Rogue - Level 50 - Neverwinter
    Summoner Level 30 - League of Legends
    EGO Rating 363 - Defiance

• gajolmandgajolmand Member CommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by neoryudo

you mean like this?

Final Fantasy XIV

That is the game im waiting for atm.

I tried Neverwinter last night and made a half-orc guardian fighter, but the game looks and feels really bad to me : /

I played WAR when it came out and i liked it a lot i played a Black Orc. Anyway the game is sadly dead now...

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    Try Age of Conan. You can play Guardian, Dark templar, or Conquer and now you can run 2 different builds, one for tanking and one for dps. Armor looks cool to and vanity tab allows you to look like any combo you want.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Problem with neverwinter is the guardian fighter cant handle threat at all so peopletend to kick em for a second cleric or a dps