Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wha? Don Mattrick leaving Microsoft for Zynga?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

According to this article on USA Today, Don Mattrick is close to taking a top role at Zynga.

I have no idea what to make of this. Xbox is going to go belly up? He thinks he's done such a great job with the XB1 that he can save Zynga? What?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/07/01/microsoft-don-mattrick-zynga/2479843/

Also - right now it's just a rumor, with unsubstantiated sources, so take that for what it's worth.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Well it doesnt matter where he works at. Zynga is probably going to pay him more and thats why he moves. Because I doubt Microsoft would be raising his salary anytime soon xD 
  • theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

Microsoft is a company with almost 100'000 employees. Zynga on the other hand has around 2300 employees and it is a rather young company (established in 2007).

I'm no fan of Zynga nor its products. Rumor or no rumor, I can understand if someone is switching from a big company to a much smaller company. You have to have experienced how big companies work.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Damn, you literally beat me to the story.

My joke was along the lines of "We have a product for the people who can't access the internet, it's called Xbox 360".

This guy came from EA (terrible), to Xbox (even worse), now to Zynga.  I think even Helen Keller can see where this is heading ;-)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Ikeda
    Damn, you literally beat me to the story.My joke was along the lines of "We have a product for the people who can't access the internet, it's called Xbox 360".This guy came from EA (terrible), to Xbox (even worse), now to Zynga.  I think even Helen Keller can see where this is heading ;-)

Heh. Sorry, this was just in Google's news feed and it seemed like a big deal. Makes me wonder if he just doesn't care that much about what happens at Microsoft, which is why he felt free to be honest about Microsoft's view of their customers.

I assume he is as much of a sociopath as any high level executive in any company, and at least as disconnected from the public as any high level executive, so he's moving because he thinks it's good for him. In short, Zynga, the sinking ship, is a better bet, or a bet that could possible return bigger dividends than Microsoft.

I could be wrong. I'm just an armchair analyst like anyone else on these forums. :-)

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

After his disastrous rollout of the XBONE did anyone not think he was going to be pushed out of his job at Microsoft?

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Aaaand Steve Ballmer takes the lead on Xbox One. How do you guys think this would affect the console. Even though I love Microsoft and its products, I have huge apathy to this guy for making Microsoft the most underestimated corporation. 

Originally posted by Sk1ppeR
    Aaaand Steve Ballmer takes the lead on Xbox One. How do you guys think this would affect the console. Even though I love Microsoft and its products, I have huge apathy to this guy for making Microsoft the most underestimated corporation. 

I don't think it's just Steve Ballmer, it's the entire company. Bill Gates conquered the world of OS software, and nobody else in the company is really able to follow that. They have no idea how to struggle, and that's the one thing they need to be able to do.