Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I?

2»

Comments

• GGaFxGGaFx Member Posts: 151
    ya on the DF forums i suggested they add some point/rank system to give it some more depth.  the points add up but they just give you rank not items/rewards.  also a tab to see who is ranked like say top 25 in game.  do a clan rank system also to show the top clans in game.  it'd be nice. 
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by GGaFx
    ya on the DF forums i suggested they add some point/rank system to give it some more depth.  the points add up but they just give you rank not items/rewards.  also a tab to see who is ranked like say top 25 in game.  do a clan rank system also to show the top clans in game.  it'd be nice. 

Yes I think we're getting kill logs back soon! :P

cool ya if they were to add these features it would give end game pvp an never ending struggle to fight for the top.  as for PVE not sure if you would want raid mobs or endgame loot.  since it would single out the pve guilds from the pvp guilds who dont go after mobs so i think the point system would be enough to give endgame play a pvp struggle for bragging rights. 

Originally posted by GGaFx

cool ya if they were to add these features it would give end game pvp an never ending struggle to fight for the top.  as for PVE not sure if you would want raid mobs or endgame loot.  since it would single out the pve guilds from the pvp guilds who dont go after mobs so i think the point system would be enough to give endgame play a pvp struggle for bragging rights. 

This already happens to be honest but I guess it would be nice to make it offical :)

Good PvPers quickly become known in this game and clans begin to hate each other over winning or losing.

yup its nice to see ur name next to the number 1 or ur clan name next to the number 1.

Originally posted by Tierless

I want to, I loved DF but I just cant get past them killing 1.0 and not doing more for us loyal fans.

The epic group combat is still there dude. It's better in DFUW because it isn't WoF toxic spam ^_^

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

If they just added all the stuff from DF1

But almost all the stuff from DF1 that isn't in UW was garbage.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

AV needs to make the game free and give everyone 1 month of free play time. It's the only hope they have imho.

Most definitely no.  Nothing is wrong with AVs business model.

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Badaboom

AV needs to make the game free and give everyone 1 month of free play time. It's the only hope they have imho.

Yeah F2P and this game will never work.  There is nothing in the game that could be sold for cash that wouldn't give a direct advantage to paying player.  People will NOT play a full loot game like this without a fair and level playfield.  People will not buy items that can be looted either...

And in all fairness to the P2P business model, while its hated by many, it did allow this game to survive some really low numbers toward the end of the old game there, and allowed for the developers to actually remake the game.  This game might be proof positive of how p2p can save a game from death, granted the developers are not interested in bailing once they realize they wont be millionaires.

I think they should sell the game for $20 with a free month. $40 is too steep.  Think they should give out 14 day buddy keys too, so you can actually give them to someone whos legit interested.  But they will need to auto delete the characters if they don't sub after 14 days, I can see trials clogging up clan lists and it being a nightmare to deal with (as well as tilting the clanned member count which is how people keep track of how the games doing)

Originally posted by Tierless AV needs to make the game free and give everyone 1 month of free play time. It's the only hope they have imho.

First off the fact that DF1 failed and DF2 is also headed downward says otherwise.

I'm not saying FTP. I generally dislike FTP. I'm saying free to download and try for 1 month to get people hooked. After that 1 month it's $15 a month.

The reason I think that is because MOST people I talk to are too afraid of DF to spend the money to try it (especially after how DF1 went down). If they let people test the water then hook them it might work better for them.

You know how much AV would lose?  Lots of players players have alt harvesting accounts.  They would all cancel those accounts and alt harvest for free.  This would also destroy the in game economy.  Bad suggestion.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Originally posted by Tierless AV needs to make the game free and give everyone 1 month of free play time. It's the only hope they have imho.

First off the fact that DF1 failed and DF2 is also headed downward says otherwise.

I'm not saying FTP. I generally dislike FTP. I'm saying free to download and try for 1 month to get people hooked. After that 1 month it's $15 a month.

The reason I think that is because MOST people I talk to are too afraid of DF to spend the money to try it (especially after how DF1 went down). If they let people test the water then hook them it might work better for them.

You know how much AV would lose?  Lots of players players have alt harvesting accounts.  They would all cancel those accounts and alt harvest for free.  This would also destroy the in game economy.  Bad suggestion.

It's easy to limit trial accounts, if AV wanted to grow this game they need free trials.

The fact that you think players closing alt accounts would hurt the game speaks volumes about the population, clearly its in a bad way.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Originally posted by Zinzan

It's easy to limit trial accounts, if AV wanted to grow this game they need free trials.

The fact that you think players closing alt accounts would hurt the game speaks volumes about the population, clearly its in a bad way.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.  The very nature of the game prohibits a trial.   I will let you figure why that is yourself.  If you have trouble figuring it out i will provide a detailed explanation why.

• StrangerousStrangerous Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Zinzan

See the problem with this type of thought is that you think that a higher population means its a better game.  If people only cared about population only wow would exist, since clearly that is the best game using this logic.

Why cant there exist quality and unique games with a small population?  This game certainly doesn't appeal to the masses.  It certainly is rough around the edges, and definitely has a long way to go before its polished...but its still a great game, and one of a kind.

You certainly cant say any of the well populated games are one of a kind.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

No, you shouldn't.

It's not a sandbox - there is more sandbox in WoW.

DFUW is a giant PvP arena. It is like a big monkey cage - with no sand, just ......... to fling at each other.

you REALLY should look up the definition of "arena".

they are by definition smaller/closed in areas, where the whole point is to promote people getting close and fighting with nowhere to escape.

that is completely opposite of the way Darkfall is setup.

it is near the top if not THE top game when it games to landmass size, and having extremely little walls/unpassable-mountains dividing up the landmass.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------